Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
See here:

I traded the 2022 and 2023 first-rounders to Atlanta for #4 overall, giving Da Bears Zach Wilson (#3 in 2021 behind Dalton/Foles), then traded down from #20 overall several times (my usual pattern) for multiple Day Two picks:

Round 1 Pick 4 (ATL): Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
Round 2 Pick 4 (MIA): Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
Round 2 Pick 20: Walker Little, OT, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 23 (PITT): Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
Round 2 Pick 28 (N.O.): Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
Round 3 Pick 7 (DEN): Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU
Round 3 Pick 19: Patrick Jones II, DE/OLB, Pittsburgh
Round 3 Pick 22 (NYJ): Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
Round 4 Pick 2 (NYJ): Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama
Round 5 Pick 20: Jack Jones, CB/FS, Arizona State
Round 6 Pick 21: Rhamondre Stevenson, RB, Oklahoma
Round 6 Pick 25: Max Richardson, ILB/OLB, Boston College
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Dax Milne, WR, BYU
Round 6 Pick 45 (COMP): Malik Herring, DT/DE, Georgia

All in all, I got one of my two guys at OT (Redskins get Jackson Carman at #19 in the second) in Faalele, who is my RT of the future. The multiple trade-downs netted Freiermuth. who somehow slipped to the second. Ah, well, a 1-2-3 TE punch of Graham, Kmet, and Freiermuth is not bad. Marshall becomes a nice #3 behind Robinson/Mooney. Down further, plenty of depth.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hey look at me. I didn't a mock as well:

Round 1 Pick 24 (PITT): Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota (A)
Round 2 Pick 20: Walker Little, OT, Stanford (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (PITT): Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse (A)
Round 3 Pick 19: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 5 Pick 20: Talanoa Hufanga, FS/SS, USC (A+)
Round 6 Pick 21: D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Anthony Hines, ILB/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 6 Pick 38 (COMP): Dax Milne, WR, BYU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 45 (COMP): Janarius Robinson, DE/OLB, Florida State (A+)

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
See here:

I traded the 2022 and 2023 first-rounders to Atlanta for #4 overall, giving Da Bears Zach Wilson (#3 in 2021 behind Dalton/Foles), then traded down from #20 overall several times (my usual pattern) for multiple Day Two picks:

All in all, I got one of my two guys at OT (Redskins get Jackson Carman at #19 in the second) in Faalele, who is my RT of the future. The multiple trade-downs netted Freiermuth. who somehow slipped to the second. Ah, well, a 1-2-3 TE punch of Graham, Kmet, and Freiermuth is not bad. Marshall becomes a nice #3 behind Robinson/Mooney. Down further, plenty of depth.

Do you really think Jabril Cox will fall to the 3rd?

If that's the case, I think I'd rather have him than Mond!

Shit, if Jabril Cox fell to the 3rd, give me a big dude with a big arm in the 5th or some mobile dude like Ehlinger. We're going to suck with the 3rd hardest schedule and Nagy calling the plays, so we can use next year's high pick on a top QB, maybe even get an OU qb.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I think Faalele is returning to Minnesota rather than entering the draft.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Zach Wilson will be going #2, so not there at #4.

Also, as mentioned earlier the 2022 and 2023 first rounders are not worth the #4.

Here, let me try a mock draft.

2017 #2 overall - QB Patrick Mahomes - I used a time machine to grab 2021 Pace, go back before the 2017 draft and have a intervention type conversation with 2017 Pace.

2021 #20 overall - QB Trevor Lawrence - Sure it's a luxury pick, but he just happened to fall I'm thinking it's time for the Bears to become the greatest QB factory of all time.

Rest of 2021 draft - I traded that for the #1 overall pick of the 2021 draft and picked QQB Zach Wilson. I know it's an embarrassment of riches, but I'm just happy the Jags wanted to do the deal despite it making no sense by any draft pick valuators.

Last pick of the 2021 draft - Edge rusher Lawrence Taylor - I used the time machine again and whomever had the last overall pick just decided to give it to the Bears because they had to go to the toilet and would have missed the pick anyhow.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
See here:

Stop doing these mock drafts in beginners mode.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Here's a mock draft i could definitely get behind. A couple picks i would question and probably take players who play different positions like a TE in the 4th and the C in the 5th but still a good mock.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Here's a mock draft i could definitely get behind. A couple picks i would question and probably take players who play different positions like a TE in the 4th and the C in the 5th but still a good mock.

I wouldn’t be excited about those first 2 picks, but not angry either. But after that? Taking a TE just to be able to cut Graham? That’s dumb. I wouldn’t go TE or C with those picks unless those players were far and away the BPA left. CB, WR, and S would all be way farther up the list.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Picking up an extra 4th and getting Mills in the first isn't the worst idea that I've seen. I don't think he's even a 2nd round talent, let alone a first, not to mention the Trubisky parallels, but at least this draft doesn't have us trading up for a rookie.

It's not a bad draft and illustrates some thought, not just regurgitated group think.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Picking up an extra 4th and getting Mills in the first isn't the worst idea that I've seen. I don't think he's even a 2nd round talent, let alone a first, not to mention the Trubisky parallels, but at least this draft doesn't have us trading up for a rookie.

It's not a bad draft and illustrates some thought, not just regurgitated group think.

Yeah i guess if you aren't a D.Mills believer then you won't be a fan of this or any mock that has us taking him with either of our first two picks. From my very uneducated scout guess i think the kid has the talent to be good in the NFL and like that he gets to sit his first year behind Dalton so he can get adjusted and learn as much as possible. My biggest worry with him is his ACL injuries.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
Yeah i guess if you aren't a D.Mills believer then you won't be a fan of this or any mock that has us taking him with either of our first two picks. From my very uneducated scout guess i think the kid has the talent to be good in the NFL and like that he gets to sit his first year behind Dalton so he can get adjusted and learn as much as possible. My biggest worry with him is his ACL injuries.

Mills looked good at his pro day, but his game tape shows almost nothing that correlates to that. Trust me, I want to believe, but I feel it’s really a stretch to rationalize any sort of bold play for him in the first round.

For my money I hope we just chill and let the player come to us. One of Trask, Mills, or Newman could end up sliding fairly significantly and be there for us in the fifth.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars

I agree. I don't see a mindless trade up to grab a QB. Yes, I've done mocks recently where I trade for the #4 pick (my latest at First-Pick.com AGAIN got the #4 overall with the 2022 and 2023 first-rounders, and Zach Wilson was available due to two trades by the AI).

I like the idea of trading down, but I have my quibbles with this, too.

First, I'd think the Bears would get more than just a 4th-round pick. Maybe add a third or a second (First-Pick routinely offered second-round picks to trade down a few spots in the first) to that list. For the sake of this, I'll assume I get the third-round pick from Cleveland as well.

Second, if I can't get the franchise QB, getting a guy like Mills isn't a bad choice, especially if Dalton is around for a year - if anything, extend Dalton for another year or two to be the bridge/backup. NO NEED to get two QBs in one draft.

Third, the picks after round two don't make sense to me.

Assuming that deal, here's what I'd do with the picks in that draft:
1st round (CLE) #26 overall: Daniel Mills, QB, Stanford
2nd round #52 overall: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame - no quibbles with a Day One RT
3rd round #83 overall: Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State - need some youth at the position
3rd round (CLE) #89 overall: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota - why not also get Leno's eventual replacement (either directly at LT or indirectly as Eichenberg moves to LT and he takes RT)?
4th round (CLE) #110 overall: Chris Rumph II, EDGE, Duke - Get an eventual replacement for Quinn, and he might make a difference now
5th round #164 overall: K.J. Britt, ILB/OLB, Auburn - Would like some depth
6th round #204 overall: Josh Imatorbhebhe, WE/TE, Illinois - This could be Mooney on steroids.
6th round #208 overall: Matt Bushman, TE, BYU - I have no problem with another young TE to develop behind Graham and Kmet
6th round #221 overall: Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, Appalachian State - Rather than blow a pick on a second QB, why not get some youth at DB?
6th round #228 overall: Marcelino Ball, SS, Indiana - Missed the 2020 season with a knee injury, but a physical freak. Has the size for SS to keep Eddie Jackson at FS.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars

The ACL injury is a concern, but he's got a LOT to recommend him. Best way to mitigate is to go O-Line a LOT, ideally players who can boost the running game so that defenses can't just rush Mills. If Montgomery has outstanding blocking, and is a threat, life becomes easier for ANY quarterback.

Thecoach575

Liked Posts:
Guys, First.pick.com is an awesome mock draft site and I have used it for years but it is not very accurate when it comes to trading picks and ranking talent. The it is more of a game and not an accurate representation of what will happen on draft night.
In 1/4 of their drafts the Jags don't pick Lawrence and the Jets don't pick Wilson. And many of them Pitts is available at 20, no way.

I would like a post with everyones best drafts though, I'm currently holding 4th with the Bears.