Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I think he's talking about how unrealistic it is for most of those players to drop anywhere close to where you got them.

I was surprised to see who had dropped so far in that PFF draft. I set all the variables to MAX, with the exception of randomness, which I kept the same. And yeah, I did reach to get one of my guys (Faalele, who was ranked 102, but who I took at 85 overall). Then again, a 6'8", 400-pound monster as the LT of the future... how do you pass up on that?

Toney and Mayfield are 1st round talents. I had team need set to max, etc. But they DID slip, and what was I supposed to do at a certain point, pass on `em? If Toney and Mayfield DID slip that far, I'd imagine Pace would grab them under BPA.

In fact, I don't think there is a poster on this board who would pass on them if they were available.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I was surprised to see who had dropped so far in that PFF draft. I set all the variables to MAX, with the exception of randomness, which I kept the same. And yeah, I did reach to get one of my guys (Faalele, who was ranked 102, but who I took at 85 overall). Then again, a 6'8", 400-pound monster as the LT of the future... how do you pass up on that?

Toney and Mayfield are 1st round talents. I had team need set to max, etc. But they DID slip, and what was I supposed to do at a certain point, pass on `em? If Toney and Mayfield DID slip that far, I'd imagine Pace would grab them under BPA.

In fact, I don't think there is a poster on this board who would pass on them if they were available.

Toney, Mayfield and Surtain will never drop that far, not even close to that far. There's others that are very questionable as well. Think you might of messed the settings up.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Quite.

In some ways, this is a draft that gives the Bears options.

There's a lot of youth on the O-Line... Massie would definitely be gone. Mayfield slipping the way he did this draft... well, he may take that frustration out on opposing D-Lines. Carman and Faalele have been my guys, but to add Smith and Mayfield adds all sorts of wonderful options.

Bateman's a good outside WR, and with Toney slipping, that's two first-round talents. If A-Rob stays, they join him and Mooney. Or, A-Rob walks, and I still have three darn good wideouts.

And opposing teams going with three wideout will have fits against Fuller, Johnson, AND Surtain. Or we can deal Fuller to get draft capital/cap space.

Plus Zevan Collins replacing Trevethan. Or maybe he bumps Quinn...

You have Newman as a developmental QB to be mentored by Foles. These weapons should be enough so that Trubisky can hold the line for a bit (his value isn't just for the decent play he provides, it's also because Newman's physical skills are better for a similar power-running offense).

Again, look at some of the folks who slipped in the draft.

I see the depth chart breaking down like this after this draft:
QB: Trubisky, Foles, Newman
RB: Montgomery, Herbert, Cohen
WR1: A-Rob, Toney, Wims
WR2: Bateman, Mooney, Patterson
TE: Graham, Kmet, Horsted
LT: Leno, Mayfield, Faalele
LG: Daniels, Bars, Smith
C: Mustiphar, Daniels
RG: Whitehair, Bars, Smith
RT: Carman, Bars, Faalele

DE: Nichols, Onwuzurike, Edwards
DT: Hicks, Togiai
NT: Goldman, Robertson-Harris
OLB: Mack, Weaver
ILB: Smith, Britt, Woods
ILB: Collins, Britt, Iylegbuniwe
OLB: Quinn, Vaughters
CB: Fuller, Surtain, Vindor
CB: Johnson, Shelley, Vindor
FS: Jackson, McManus
SS: Bush, Houston-Carson

K: Santos
P: O'Donnell
Holder: Newman
LS: Scales
KR: Patterson, Cohen, Toney, Mooney
PR: Cohen, Patterson, Toney, Mooney
There wasn't a point of sharing this mock because it is so incredibly unrealistic. Also idk the obsession with a 400 lb lt. Odds are he'll never have the feet to stay there. You took him ahead of Mayfield who actually would instantly be a starter. Everything about this is wrong. I can't even begin to touch on everything wrong with this mock

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Exactly although the bengals QB is hurt they have a QB that is one spot i think the bears could deal for maybe

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah I messed with the setting of the draft and turned on the randomness of the drafter higher lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
iOYH4a.png