My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Already thinking about what to get when my current A8L lease expires. Obviously, the the next step up is the S8 which is the sport version of the A8L. With tax it comes in around $150k. A bit extravagant but for nearly 600hp makes you think "why not? At 600hp it's the fastest sedan ever made and faster than any Ferrari cause it has a Lamborghini engine

Still have lots of time to think about, but I have been known to upgrade on my leases early when I get the itch. Something to contemplate. I'm thinking about the silver exterior and Merlot red interior.
22085394117.jpg

Here is a nice review. Already thinking of a nickname for it. How about "S8 Baby"?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am going to completely ignore the OP, but I actually have something that is a question the board may help with.

Does anyone have any experience with Jeep Grand Cherokees? Love stories or hate stories? We are looking at the Overland model with the 5.7 liter engine if possible. and at least a year or two old, but probably not older than 5 years. Anyone on here drive one?

My wife and I are in the market for a new (to us) car. I won't buy new off the lot at this point, and with the stuff going on in the world we feel like we can get a pretty great deal. Social distancing to the best of our ability, we went to a specific car lot to look at a specific car and when we got there we noticed there was some hail damage on it. We drove it anyway, because we are looking at that model anyway and wanted to get a feel for it.

Anyway we got back and weren't going to buy it but decided to see what their best offer was. They came back and said they would sell it to us for 1000, under their cost. I was pretty shocked actually, If it hadn't had the hail damage I would've been doing paperwork this afternoon/evening.

Anyone drive one of these or have a similar sized SUV that they prefer for some reason?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I am going to completely ignore the OP, but I actually have something that is a question the board may help with.

Does anyone have any experience with Jeep Grand Cherokees? Love stories or hate stories? We are looking at the Overland model with the 5.7 liter engine if possible. and at least a year or two old, but probably not older than 5 years. Anyone on here drive one?

My wife and I are in the market for a new (to us) car. I won't buy new off the lot at this point, and with the stuff going on in the world we feel like we can get a pretty great deal. Social distancing to the best of our ability, we went to a specific car lot to look at a specific car and when we got there we noticed there was some hail damage on it. We drove it anyway, because we are looking at that model anyway and wanted to get a feel for it.

Anyway we got back and weren't going to buy it but decided to see what their best offer was. They came back and said they would sell it to us for 1000, under their cost. I was pretty shocked actually, If it hadn't had the hail damage I would've been doing paperwork this afternoon/evening.

Anyone drive one of these or have a similar sized SUV that they prefer for some reason?
Why not just buy new? Why mess with someone else' hand me downs?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I dont care for the Grand Cherokee looks. I like the Altitudes better. My friend family own a dodge, jeep got to drive one and really like its size and looks.

Im looking at a new car. Ive only had trucks since HS, but really thinking of getting an Alititude.

Also, I dont know around yall but new cars have some sick deals around me. Its why I am considering buying right now, but I hate bills so a new note isnt something I take lightly. lol

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

My wife drives a Jeep Cherokee Latitude and I'll be honest, I hate it. It shifts hard AF (sometimes there like a loud thud too) when it shifts. It's weird. I also don't think it drives very smooth. I might be biased though, I've never been a Jeep guy. Idk anything about the Grand Cherokees though.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
There will never be a better time in your lifetime to buy a new vehicle.

In 30 days, dealer salespeople will come to your house and give you a blow job in order to sell a car

CRM, was thinking that would be a good job for you

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My wife drives a Jeep Cherokee Latitude and I'll be honest, I hate it. It shifts hard AF (sometimes there like a loud thud too) when it shifts. It's weird. I also don't think it drives very smooth. I might be biased though, I've never been a Jeep guy. Idk anything about the Grand Cherokees though.

When we drove this one there was something a little off in the front suspension, I always hit some speed bumps to see how they react when I am test driving and this one had something a little clunky up front. That being said it drove like a beast! I stomped on it a few times and the 5.7 liter responded amazingly. It got up to highway speeds smoothly and quickly and the control on the highway felt great.

The seats were comfy and the adjustments were also good. Being tall I always want the seat as low as possible so I am not sitting with my head up on the ceiling and this one adjusted great for me.

This isn't my choice as it is hers to drive, and we will take it on trips etc but I am down with the Grand Cherokee so far.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I dont care for the Grand Cherokee looks. I like the Altitudes better. My friend family own a dodge, jeep got to drive one and really like its size and looks.

Im looking at a new car. Ive only had trucks since HS, but really thinking of getting an Alititude.

Also, I dont know around yall but new cars have some sick deals around me. Its why I am considering buying right now, but I hate bills so a new note isnt something I take lightly. lol

My wife is the exact opposite on the looks. She doesn't like the thinner headlights and the way the latitude is a little rounder. It is her choice, but I agree with her. Also I am not sure but I think the Latitude is a little smaller as well.

I've looked at new a bit also, but I would halve to get my wife onboard. She is a hardcore "I will never buy new" person so It will really come down to the numbers if I am ever going to make that happen. That being said we are going to take advantage of the coming deals. I think desperation will set in shortly for car dealerships to offload inventory, even at a loss. They cannot sit on record inventory into the next model year, I am sure they will incentivize the chit out of basically any car purchase. If I cannot convince her to buy new I am looking forward to record low interest rates on used, hopefully they go to 0%.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also ignoring OP. The only reason I'm not closing this is because @Burque is promoting an actual discussion.

Have you considered a pickup vs a SUV? There are some really nice ones out there. If you get a crew cab you have as much room as you would in terms of passenger space, plus you've got a bed if you need to actually move something. Some of them are REALLY nice. I've got a RAM 1500 Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 and wouldn't trade it for anything. Ford King Ranch, Silverado High Country, etc are also great.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Also ignoring OP. The only reason I'm not closing this is because @Burque is promoting an actual discussion.

Have you considered a pickup vs a SUV? There are some really nice ones out there. If you get a crew cab you have as much room as you would in terms of passenger space, plus you've got a bed if you need to actually move something. Some of them are REALLY nice. I've got a RAM 1500 Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4 and wouldn't trade it for anything. Ford King Ranch, Silverado High Country, etc are also great.
I made a great suggestion and told him to buy new as prices will never be this low again. Dont I get some credit?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

I'll PM you, because what I want to say will only create a never ending dumpster fire.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

I've always wanted an El Camino with a Leer Cap. Whatcha think?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

We've got the truck bit covered. I drive a Tundra currently and will always have a truck to haul crap, and be the ever present "friend that helps people move chit." It actually has been a warrior on road trips, camping trips etc. We will not be going truck free. This is in addition to having a truck, we're thinking about something that would be better on gas for road trips (a decent size to throw dogs and camping gear in the back) but also be good as her newer daily driver. She loves her current jeep but I am kinda bugging her to upgrade so we can use her current Jeep (Wrangler) to be our offroad toy.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'll PM you, because what I want to say will only create a never ending dumpster fire.

Thanks for the Input I replied, Honestly though I do not think that would've created a dumpster fire conversation in here. Thanks in TIA for the response.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Already thinking about what to get when my current A8L lease expires. Obviously, the the next step up is the S8 which is the sport version of the A8L. With tax it comes in around $150k. A bit extravagant but for nearly 600hp makes you think "why not? At 600hp it's the fastest sedan ever made and faster than any Ferrari cause it has a Lamborghini engine

Still have lots of time to think about, but I have been known to upgrade on my leases early when I get the itch. Something to contemplate. I'm thinking about the silver exterior and Merlot red interior.
View attachment 5256

Here is a nice review. Already thinking of a nickname for it. How about "S8 Baby"?

Only the dumbest of the dumb would spend $150k on an Audi, LOLOLOLOL, how can you be so consistently on the wrong side of each and every subject.

Hmmm, let's see, should I spend my $150k on a Porsche Panamera or a grocery-getting soccer mom car, dumbass.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Only the dumbest of the dumb would spend $150k on an Audi, LOLOLOLOL, how can you be so consistently on the wrong side of each and every subject.

Hmmm, let's see, should I spend my $150k on a Porsche Panamera or a grocery-getting soccer mom car, dumbass.
No auto reviewer in the world thinks a Porsche Panamara is better than a S8 Audi. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

The Audi is so much faster and more luxurious

0-60 times:
-Panamera 5.4 seconds
Audi S8 3.5 seconds

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
No auto reviewer in the world thinks a Porsche Panamara is better than a S8 Audi. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

The Audi is so much faster and more luxurious

0-60 times:
-Panamera 5.4 seconds
Audi S8 3.5 seconds

Who gives a fuck? My Tesla can smoke that soccer-mom car, but more importantly who makes a luxury car buying (or, in your case, leasing) decision based on 0-60 times.

And in no world is an Audi > Porsche, ever, what is wrong with you. Oh, that's right, you've probably never even ridden in a Porsche before so you wouldn't know.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also ignoring OP.

I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee about 20+ years ago. I lived in the country then. It had probably the best 4 wheel drive system I've ever owned or driven. That is absolutely all that I can say positive about the vehicle, Jeep or the dealer. Where to start....

At one point early in my ownership it started to take in water when it rained. A lot. I couldn't tell where the leak was but when I took it to the dealer and they said they "weren't sure this was covered under the warranty". What? The fact that I can't drive it in the rain or leave it out in the rain without soaking the carpets isn't covered? WTF? They found the problem and, turns out, it was covered in the warranty.

Replaced the entire electrical wiring under the hood. Twice.

Took it for said electrical problems and drove it home. Well, I didn't actually make it home as the car would only do about 20 miles an hour. Limped back to the dealership and was told it would be a few days before they could look at it. I called BS and a mechanic came out, looked at it for maybe 10 seconds, plugged something in, and laughed, "Wow, don't know how we missed that".

I was having brake issues shortly after the warranty was over. They said I needed new brakes so I purchased the brakes. Literally the day after I got the vehicle back I get a recall notice from Jeep for the brakes (failing too early). I called Jeep, which was a bit of an issue, and told them about the problem. They said the dealership shouldn't have asked you to pay for new brakes as the dealer knew about the brakes (or should have known) weeks before. I eventually got my money back from the dealer but Jeep certainly didn't give a damn and I had to press the dealership on the issue.

Give me a bit and I can remember more shit. Obviously, a great part of the issue was the dealership. And, I have heard that Jeep's quality has improved. My sister has another bad story about her Grand Cherokee. Needless to say. we won't buy another Jeep or another vehicle from that dealership.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Who gives a fuck? My Tesla can smoke that soccer-mom car, but more importantly who makes a luxury car buying (or, in your case, leasing) decision based on 0-60 times.

And in no world is an Audi > Porsche, ever, what is wrong with you. Oh, that's right, you've probably never even ridden in a Porsche before so you wouldn't know.
No, dumbshit, thew Audi is faster than the Tesla