My not so hot take on a college prospect

msadows

Liked Posts:
Here is mine-

Ja’Marr Chase is better and will be a top 5 WR in the NFL.

He can do everything Devontae can do and is more physical.

Chase is a bigger Steve Smith.

Bump this in 2-3 years.

I think Chase is great too, I'm just scared of any top prospect who takes a year off after Mike Williams.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is mine-

Bump this in 2-3 years.

Considering Jefferson just broke rookie records and Chase was considered better than him by many, I am inclined to agree with the above.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think Chase is great too, I'm just scared of any top prospect who takes a year off after Mike Williams.

Mike Williams got lazy, wasn’t in shape.

Chase’s competitiveness jumps out at you every time he plays. Always looks like the best player on the field. Explosiveness, route running, hands, body control, speed, ability to high point. He has it all in spades. Love him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mike Williams got lazy, wasn’t in shape.

Chase’s competitiveness jumps out at you every time he plays. Always looks like the best player on the field. Explosiveness, route running, hands, body control, speed, ability to high point. He has it all in spades. Love him.

We'll see how he looks at the combine.

Like I said, it's not just him. Any prospected that opted out scares me. Shit, I'm worried that Eddie will come back the same player for us next year.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Like I said, it's not just him. Any prospected that opted out scares me. Shit, I'm worried that Eddie will come back the same player for us next year.

Im with you on Waddle, his speed and and ability to change direction is different. He’s also got some Hester to him as a punt returner. Would be a great 1st round pick for the Bears. Just sucks the Bears still need a QB.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Here is mine-

Bump this in 2-3 years.
Yeah, there's alot that plays into an individual prospects success at the next level outside of their personal talent. I'm a Chase fan.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’s an amazing player but the way the draft will most likely fall the Bears will have a shot at a legitimate LT. A guy like Darrisaw is exactly what this team needs other than QB. Hell they might be able to get a bookend RT in the 2nd too. With the improvements to the interior we’ve witnessed since the ND lineman were inserted into the lineup, bookend tackles would really give the Bears the foundation for an excellent o-line.

Great o-line play can mask a number of deficiencies until they can be addressed too.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I just finished watching the last of 8 games of Devonte Smiths college career. This isn't bears related as they have no shot at him but just wanted to share some quick thoughts.

He very well maybe the best Wr prospect I've ever seen. The only thing I can knock him on (and I'm not even sure it's legitimate at all) is his frame. At 6"-6"1 175ish he's really slender. But holy hell his skill set is unreal.

He's top 1% in so many facets of the game and his physical tools it's scary.

Explosion, short area quickness, long speed, speration, route running, body control, release combinations off the line, coming out of his stems, Tracking the ball, hands, high pointing. There's really nothing he does that's not at an elite level. If he weighed 200LBS he would be the sitting on MT Rushmore with the Hershel Walkers of the prospect world.

If I'm an NFL team I don't think twice about taking him over Chase.

I've been trying to think of a decent comp but can't. Chad Johnson/ Antonio brown with more speed is the best I can do but he's better then both my a country mile coming out of college.
The best comp I heard for him the other day was Marvin Harrison. Very similar build and style of play.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Good comp in terms of refinement. Smith has a bit more twitch. He's the best I've seen coming out since A.J Green.
Exactly. I tried to locate another WR prospect from the last 5 years that was more refined in all aspects. I couldn’t find one.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
It is the second year in a row of an elite WR group in the draft.

I see at least 20 players I really like, who can have an impact starting on Day 1.

Mooney was the 25th WR selected last year in the fifth round so I think we can get someone really good all the into the 4th this year.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I just finished watching the last of 8 games of Devonta Smiths college career. This isn't bears related as they have no shot at him but just wanted to share some quick thoughts.

He very well maybe the best Wr prospect I've ever seen. The only thing I can knock him on (and I'm not even sure it's legitimate at all) is his frame. At 6"-6"1 175ish he's really slender. But holy hell his skill set is unreal.

He's top 1% in so many facets of the game and his physical tools it's scary.

Explosion, short area quickness, long speed, speration, route running, body control, release combinations off the line, coming out of his stems, Tracking the ball, hands, high pointing. There's really nothing he does that's not at an elite level. If he weighed 200LBS he would be the sitting on MT Rushmore with the Hershel Walkers of the prospect world.

If I'm an NFL team I don't think twice about taking him over Chase.

I've been trying to think of a decent comp but can't. Chad Johnson/ Antonio brown with more speed is the best I can do but he's better then both my a country mile coming out of college.

Not trying to sound crazy. But the only two players I can ever remember dominating like this at a skill position is Jerry Rice in the NFL and Reggie Bush at USC.

I agree with everything you said.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Agreed

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Here is mine-

Bump this in 2-3 years.

Can bump me agreeing to this in 2-3 years as well.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's better than Waddle. Waddle isn't as refined in certain areas. I knew he was good obviously, just like Waddle or insert any Bama Wr over the past 8 years. But I had no idea how good until I sat down and watched him intently. Its something to behold, truly. He's playing 3D chess on a checker board.

Smith is 10 times the prospect that Waddle is IMHO

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Here is mine-

Bump this in 2-3 years.

I dont think its a stretch to say Jamaar Chase will be the better NFL player. I have him as the #1 wr prospect and I think he will be the first receiver taken in the draft.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It's very similar to the Green/Jones draft. You can't wrong with either. One is polished to a razors edge, plug and play #1 and the other has other worldly upside.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Here is mine-

Bump this in 2-3 years.
Shiatttttt