my Oline fix

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
.It won't be loved by all, but whatelse can we do, I would love to hear ideas. We have a good team, but this oline as it is looks like it could kill our season once again. If I'm Emory, I don't care what Tice thinks of Webb, I would trade a 4th rounder & CWilliamms for Bryant Mckinney. McKinney isn't starting for the ravens, but he'd be such an upgrade over Webb it isn't funny. Then id sign Jake Scott to play LG, and cut Spencer. He'd be an upgrade over Spencer even if he was in a wheel chair. What this team can be and what they will be is all defined by the line, particularly the left side. Webb don't get it, and Spencer never had it. At least McKinney and Scott would give us a lot more consistant effort and play each week. I know ill get roasted by some, but what can we do offensively if Jay is running for his life, & the running game is inconsistant cause the entire left side folds nearly every down?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You would be doing terrible terrible things to Jay Cutler and Michael Bush.. and stunt any chance of the line getting coherence.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
My Oline fix bench Spencer for Williams or Rachel. Bench Webb for Scott or for James Brown or that other rookie on the practice squad.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I think the one rookie got cut from the PS. However I do really like Brown and think he'd immediately would be better than Webb. At the same time he is a raw rookie, so there would be struhhles at times with him as well. I was just suggesting guys I thought we could get within reason to try to repair think sinking left side of our oline. As for Rachal, I don't think he'd be any better than Spencer, though ii do think EWilliams is easily better than either one. Scott, the tackle we signed probably should start, he has experience, he should be better than Webb. Put he and EWill in the gane as starters next week, and shake it up.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I think this requires us to sacrifice a Panda at the alter of the football gods

emo_panda.png

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not mckinney. scott maybe on the LT and possibly work in brown. spencer is a center. dunno why they have him at guard anyways. garza was a guard, n would probably be better there.scott/brown,williams,spencer,garza,carimi now that might work better, but who knows. don't forget, carimi was a LT in college.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Ravens won't trade McKinnie and compromise their depth.

I honestly think we need to have a conversation about Carimi at LT. No matter how you look at it he is our best OT.

LT Carimi
LG E Williams
C Garza
RG Louis
RT C. Williams/ J Scott

I know it throws off what Carimi is doing at RT but we are desperate.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What match-ups of Carimi on speed rushes so far have made you think he should be playing LT?

As usually by Bears fans, continuity and working as a unit that changes little is ignored as something that is key and helpful for offensive lines. Every single year of the past 4 they've gotten better as the season went along and it usually worked by building a continuity among the players. (after the cutler injury they were in shambles but the run blocking still kept getting better)

I would rather see Spencer replaced but I'm not blind to thinking Chris Williams was great last year like some. Tice even commented on him last year saying every game he makes a play that he makes you want to strangle him.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No fucking Chris Williams at RT

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Put Webb back at RT he was better there then LT.

:roll:

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
My Oline fix bench Spencer for Williams or Rachel. Bench Webb for Scott or for James Brown or that other rookie on the practice squad.
The first thing that needs to be tried,is give Scott a shot at the LT spot. A change there is a real need, and they signed him for that anyways.
Tice admitting any other mistakes is a long shot, but everyone in the nation can see Webb is garbage at LT.
Next off season hopefully they will have better options in the draft, trade, or FA and not neglect the O line. I was happy like everyone else about getting wide receiver
and key back up help at RB and QB, but I was never convinced the O line woes were all Martz's fault. They have shit at LT and LG and people playing out of position
at the other spots, and it should be obvious now that no coaching or offensive scheme changes, can magically turn crap into gold.

Forget about Brown, they should have shitcanned Webb and gave Brown the PS games to see if he could cut it, and have him and Williams battle for that spot.
I wouldn't even have Webb on the team as insurance, he is that bad.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What match-ups of Carimi on speed rushes so far have made you think he should be playing LT?

As usually by Bears fans, continuity and working as a unit that changes little is ignored as something that is key and helpful for offensive lines. Every single year of the past 4 they've gotten better as the season went along and it usually worked by building a continuity among the players. (after the cutler injury they were in shambles but the run blocking still kept getting better)

I would rather see Spencer replaced but I'm not blind to thinking Chris Williams was great last year like some. Tice even commented on him last year saying every game he makes a play that he makes you want to strangle him.

He shut down Robert Mathis last week.

Is Carimi the best OT on the team?

jcut

Liked Posts:
Williams was good last year at guard, he deserves another shot at it. He was instrumental in helping Forte in the run game before he went on IR

As long as Webb isn't allowed to play LT anymore, I'll be happy

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You would be doing terrible terrible things to Jay Cutler and Michael Bush.. and stunt any chance of the line getting coherence.

Who care's. Who gives a shit if the coherence of a bottom 10 o-line is disrupted. The difference in minimal. This isn't a thing of missed assignments this is 1v1 oops I suck at blocking.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
with essentialy an extra day this would be a good week to change the line. But since we don't have a left tackle on the roster I don't see it happening.

Personally I have been wondering since camp why E Williams was not given a shot at LG.

Liked Posts:
The Ravens won't trade McKinnie and compromise their depth.

I honestly think we need to have a conversation about Carimi at LT. No matter how you look at it he is our best OT.

LT Carimi
LG E Williams
C Garza
RG Louis
RT C. Williams/ J Scott

I know it throws off what Carimi is doing at RT but we are desperate.

Yes! Finally, someone else that thinks Carimi should at least get a shot at LT. He's only been the best O-Lineman in both regular season games. I am of the minority that think Carimi will accel as a LT as well as RT. Not to mention Chris Williams had his best season as a Bear in 2009 at RT. I know that may not be saying much but at this point any improvement we can get is imperative

Liked Posts:
not mckinney. scott maybe on the LT and possibly work in brown. spencer is a center. dunno why they have him at guard anyways. garza was a guard, n would probably be better there.scott/brown,williams,spencer,garza,carimi now that might work better, but who knows. don't forget, carimi was a LT in college.

Yep, Carimi was a LT in college for four seasons & won the Outland Trophy award for the best lineman in the country on either side of the ball. Trouble with the speed rush or not, he seems to be handling the speed rush better than any of the other O-linemen on the roster. He owned Mathis in week one.

How come Tice can play the worst lineman on the roster at LT & give him some help with the speed rush but can't even try the same with Carimi?

Where in the hell is Omelet on this while the rest of us get grilled for bringing up the notion that an actual first round pick LT(Carimi), just may actually be a LT? I know he thinks Carimi should be a LT also from prior posts on CBMB.