My Reason for Optimism in 2023

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
BHO, shatter, Live resin, or flower?

jive

Liked Posts:
BHO, shatter, Live resin, or flower?
Yes, and edibles.

I usually start the day with a couple drops of tincture in my coffee, smoke a J and go from there.

jive

Liked Posts:
Why not optimism for 2022? Da fuq is wrong with that rag.
Actually the shit was pretty good. I meant to write 2022, but was stoned and wrote 2023. I'm too stoned and lazy to correct it, so I'm leaving it as a monument to my highness.

I got my joints mixed up and smoked a heavy indica leaning hybrid instead my usual daytime sativa, so I'm more stoned than I expected. I knew it after the first puff, but figured I'd just run with it.

Last edited:

jive

Liked Posts:
I hope he types "Flower" b/c all that other shit will send you straight to 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus' hell.
I mainly do flower. I will either smoke joints or use a dry vape. Ill do concentrates once in a while, bit not regularly. However, I do love my edibles.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I nominate for “Thread of 2023”

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes, and edibles.

I usually start the day with a couple drops of tincture in my coffee, smoke a J and go from there.
I’ve just recently been introduced to tincture. The THC/CBD tincture combo is money. Never tried it in coffee but I don’t mind it on its own

jive

Liked Posts:
I’ve just recently been introduced to tincture. The THC/CBD tincture combo is money. Never tried it in coffee but I don’t mind it on its own
That THC CBD combo is seriously like medicine for me. But I'm not used to being of normal mind, so I don't use it as often as I should.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Junkies and meatballs summarizes most Bears fans

jive

Liked Posts:
Since I'm back to my normal weed diet and thinking a little more clearly, I do have optimism for 2023. Although the Super Jack sativa strain I've been smoking has the side effect of anxiety, I'm not that anxious about 2023 even after a fatty. I think if certain things pan out in 2022, there are just a few pieces left to fill in 2023 to make this a team capable of making a deep run into the playoffs.

The main thing that has to pan out is the coaching staff and their schemes. They will be key to player development. It doesn't matter what talent you bring in if the coaching staff sucks ala Nagy.

On D-line, we could be just a lineman or 2 away from making this a solid unit. I doubt Quinn will be around in 2023 and be effective, but who knows. If Robinson, Jones, Tonga, and Gipson work out, we have a cheap and effective D-line with a couple guys playing for a payday. But if even if they all don't, there is a first rounder and plenty of cap space to get a DE or 3-Tech.
If Roquan shows out in 2022, he should be re-signed in 2023. If Morrow proves worthy of another contract, then there's 2 of the 3 spots covered. Then it's a matter of getting 1-2 more LBs which we may already have, or are easily obtainable through later rounds in the draft and 2nd/3rd tier free agency. If none of them get re-signed or worthy of being re-signed, then this group will be a major question mark for 2023.
On the bright side, if Johnson keeps developing, EJax bounces back, and the 2 draft picks make and immediate impact, this unit should keep the team competitive for 2023.

On O, it really depends on whether Patrick and the young linemen pan out. Whitehair can still play, and if someone out of Borom, Jenkins, and the late round draft picks can man the tackle spots, and a RG emerges, this unit will give the Bears alot more flexibility in the draft and free agency in 2023. Not to mention, it would really help out Justin Fields.
The RB room will still look good with Herbert, Ebner, and some late round draft pick from 2023 if Monty doesn't get re-signed. If Kmet emerges as a solid TE, then it's just a matter of signing depth. The WR room will still be a question mark with only Mooney and Jones under contract, but with a full cadre of draft picks and tons of cap space, signing 1-2 quality WRs is certainly possible.

So if some things pan out, we might be just a few players away from fielding a quality roster.
Getting a DE, DT, WR, and LB with a full cadre of draft picks, lots of cap space, and hopefully some comp picks is certainly possible. Much more than in 2022.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Since I'm back to my normal weed diet and thinking a little more clearly, I do have optimism for 2023. Although the Super Jack sativa strain I've been smoking has the side effect of anxiety, I'm not that anxious about 2023 even after a fatty. I think if certain things pan out in 2022, there are just a few pieces left to fill in 2023 to make this a team capable of making a deep run into the playoffs.

The main thing that has to pan out is the coaching staff and their schemes. They will be key to player development. It doesn't matter what talent you bring in if the coaching staff sucks ala Nagy.

On D-line, we could be just a lineman or 2 away from making this a solid unit. I doubt Quinn will be around in 2023 and be effective, but who knows. If Robinson, Jones, Tonga, and Gipson work out, we have a cheap and effective D-line with a couple guys playing for a payday. But if even if they all don't, there is a first rounder and plenty of cap space to get a DE or 3-Tech.
If Roquan shows out in 2022, he should be re-signed in 2023. If Morrow proves worthy of another contract, then there's 2 of the 3 spots covered. Then it's a matter of getting 1-2 more LBs which we may already have, or are easily obtainable through later rounds in the draft and 2nd/3rd tier free agency. If none of them get re-signed or worthy of being re-signed, then this group will be a major question mark for 2023.
On the bright side, if Johnson keeps developing, EJax bounces back, and the 2 draft picks make and immediate impact, this unit should keep the team competitive for 2023.

On O, it really depends on whether Patrick and the young linemen pan out. Whitehair can still play, and if someone out of Borom, Jenkins, and the late round draft picks can man the tackle spots, and a RG emerges, this unit will give the Bears alot more flexibility in the draft and free agency in 2023. Not to mention, it would really help out Justin Fields.
The RB room will still look good with Herbert, Ebner, and some late round draft pick from 2023 if Monty doesn't get re-signed. If Kmet emerges as a solid TE, then it's just a matter of signing depth. The WR room will still be a question mark with only Mooney and Jones under contract, but with a full cadre of draft picks and tons of cap space, signing 1-2 quality WRs is certainly possible.

So if some things pan out, we might be just a few players away from fielding a quality roster.
Getting a DE, DT, WR, and LB with a full cadre of draft picks, lots of cap space, and hopefully some comp picks is certainly possible. Much more than in 2022.
Change the name of that strain to Super Bowl Sativa and we’re talking.

jive

Liked Posts:
Change the name of that strain to Super Bowl Sativa and we’re talking.
Sounds like a plan.
During the preseason, I'll smoke various strains of weed. If the Bears play well and win, then I'll smoke that strain throughout the season until they lose one. I'm going to find the lucky strain and then I'll call it Super Bowl Sativa. If I can help the Bears by smoking weed, you better believe I will.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Sounds like a plan.
During the preseason, I'll smoke various strains of weed. If the Bears play well and win, then I'll smoke that strain throughout the season until they lose one. I'm going to find the lucky strain and then I'll call it Super Bowl Sativa. If I can help the Bears by smoking weed, you better believe I will.
You’re a fan willing to do what it takes to help your favorite team. That’s commendable! I appreciate your effort.