My takeaway from this draft.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
None of us…. Or the media…. Knows anything.

Nakobe Dean still on the board after our 3rd pick.

Malik Willis still there in the 3rd.

No offensive line.

No defensive line.

Velus Jones in the 3rd. Anyone have that?

No trades.

We spent hours and hours talking about players and strategy and were 100% wrong.

We will spend hours and hours discussing this draft and won’t know the results for years.

Was this good? Was is bad? Who knows? We don’t know shit! ?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

No offensive line.

No defensive line.

No trades.

We spent hours and hours talking about players and strategy and were 100% wrong.

We will spend hours and hours discussing this draft and won’t know the results for years.

This is all true but the draft still officially sucks if you were hoping this new regime would put Fields in a position to succeed.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a trade up now. Go get Cam Jurgens at Center. Possible 4 starters in rounds 2 and 3.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is all true but the draft still officially sucks if you were hoping this new regime would put Fields in a position to succeed.
Who knows? I’m not judging anything at this point. Good or bad. I just want to hear Poles go through his rationale for each pick and look forward to seeing them in September. Until then it’s all speculation.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Draft experts are always right. That Kevin White guy could play.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Draft's a crapshoot. Teams that suck at every position like the Bears, with a first year GM under zero pressure for short term success, have a high chance of just going full BPA with zero regard for position because they just want to build the roster. Bears did exactly that, which wasn't too difficult to foresee. I did think they'd prioritize building up front, though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cool, you're a r3tard.
I just want to say I have a Special person niece who is the sweetest person you will ever meet. She loves everyone and everyone loves her. She goes through life with a smile on her face and she’s just a joy to be around. We all would do well to be halve as happy as her. So when you call someone a Special person it’s not really an insult in my book… it’s a complement. Maybe you should start calling people an Ommy? I’d hate to be a loathed bitter piece of shit who’s greatest life achievement is buying an Audi.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The famous none of us know anything post. A telltale sign that your team had a horrible draft.
I mean my first take is I love the first two picks and went WTF for the third pick. But I’m not wrong with the none of us knows anything part. If this draft hasn’t shown you that then nothing will.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
Hating on draft picks on draft night because the team didn’t draft the guys you drafted on the pff simulator or read about from Mel Kiper is moronic. But classic ccs…
PFN not PFF...LOL

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just want to say I have a Special person niece who is the sweetest person you will ever meet. She loves everyone and everyone loves her. She goes through life with a smile on her face and she’s just a joy to be around. We all would do well to be halve as happy as her. So when you call someone a ****** it’s not really an insult in my book… it’s a complement. Maybe you should start calling people an Ommy? I’d hate to be a loathed bitter piece of shit who’s greatest life achievement is buying an Audi.
I'll call them a @dabears70. Ommy is 200 years old and his brain is mush. Not his fault he was born in the 1800s.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I just hope they got some real playmakers here, which seems to have actually been the intention. I like Jaylon Johnson and Roquan Smith, but they aren't really apt at making gamechanging plays. Johnson particularly is pretty worthless at creating turnovers, even if he is great in coverage.

Offensively the grandpa they drafted looks like he presented the best value as far as offensive playmakers go in the early third. He might not be much as a receiver but he's fast and has moves, I bet they'll find little niche uses for him. And then he'll make some noise in the return game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No offensive line.

No defensive line.

No trades.

Well, at least I knew that before the draft.

Velus Jones and no trade downs were still surprising. I had a CB, Safety and WR in all my bullshit mocks so I get it but Poles is swinging for the fences with Jones. I get that there isn't great deal of diff between the 2nd and 3rd round OL prospects but 5th round? I would have traded down in 2(if possible) and picked up Pierce later in 2 and Kinnard in 3.

I can say that Poles has shown patience in FA and the draft instead of forcing things like Pace. Hope he's as smart as he is sure of himself.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange