My thoughts on Harbaugh

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It’s not going to happen in 1 year. But with new players and acquisitions, he may.
Your optimism isn't based on history though. They added a 1st round WR (AJ Jenkins) in SF while he was there. He added NFL WR talent at Michigan, and he still didn't have league average passing offenses at either stay.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
LOL. Those were the rankings of the Harbaugh led passing offenses in San Francisco. Like I also pointed out in the original post. I know it was a lot to read, but probably should read it if you're going to make uninformed smart ass comments. IDK
Yeah I’m going to pass on reading your novel. I’m not gonna waste my time, but thanks!

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Your optimism isn't based on history though. They added a 1st round WR (AJ Jenkins) in SF while he was there. He added NFL WR talent at Michigan, and he still didn't have league average passing offenses at either stay.
And history is always rewritten. I’m not saying he isn’t going to do anything or he is. It’s just that you never know the outcome. Any coach that comes in is till going to have the 30th ranked passing offense and the other numbers. Thing is, what coach gives you the best chance to get better quicker. And what coach gives you the better chance to sustain and success if success is reached. At the end, it’s still a chance. So they can still fail. Especially when there are lots of variables.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
That’s why the only way I’m interested in Harbaugh is if he has a plan to put a modern day passing offense around Fields.

As far as QB development which I agree is the #1 point this offseason, he deserves credit for Kap and Andrew Luck. The exact amount is always impossible to say… but this guy got a level of play out of Kap nobody else ever did. Then as soon as Harbaugh left, he regressed massively and so did the 49ers record. To me this is the best evidence of him developing a QB nobody else could.

Let's also not forget we saw first hand this year with Trevor Lawrence how ruinable and fragile even these golden boy QB prospects are like him and Luck. If Harbaugh was bad at QB development, we could seen Luck take a step back too. But that never happened.

As a Michigan fan its also got much better play out of Cade Mcnamara this year than anybody ever expected. I would hate to see this guy leave unless it was for the Bears. He got him playing at a high enough level for him that they finally crushed ohio state.

I'm not saying he's the best at QB development among HC candidates but the only two guys who I am convinced are better (Payton and McDaniels) either are going to cost an insane amount of draft picks or have a history of completely screwing 2 different nfl teams.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
One thing is for sure, with Harbaugh you getting proven HC even with his faults its a known entity. Bring others, can you honestly tell what you are getting? To be an realist, at this point for me is Harbaugh..

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a lot I don't like about Harbaugh, but I honestly thought he did a good job getting the most out of Kaepernick, whom I thought was overrated as a QB.