Nagy and his RPO need to go

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I honestly am curious about why people seem to want to let Nagy off the hook so much and blame the QB. Is this just a Bears fan thing? We've never had a good QB so immediately blame the QB? Like I know that Trubisky isn't good. Is it just easier to say, "DA QUARTERBACK SUCKS! BEARS!" and that's that? Too mentally taxing to take a look at the organization as a whole to see a bunch of different problems from a bunch of different sources? IE players, coaches, the GM, and the dipshit fuckin' McCaskeys?

Secondly, who the fuck do people think is going to come in here in 2020 as the QB of the Chicago Bears and suddenly everything will be fine with this offense? Who is available to us that is going to turn this offense around? Is there a QB out there that can better execute Nagy's 10 screens per game gameplan? Is there a QB that will stop Nagy from running Cohen up the gut from shotgun? Is there a QB that will enable our line to suddenly be capable of blocking EVEN FUCKING BACKUP LEVEL PLAYERS? What is really going to change?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
People refuse to see that there is more than one reason why the Bears O sucks.....

I saw one moron on here wondering just how awesome the offense would be if Nagy had Cutler.....

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Everything is broken. HC, QB, OL, TE group. HC/QB share roughly the same amount of blame, IMO. The OL has been trash as well, but at the same time, when Nagy decides to “dumb down” his offense and runs a more traditional scheme, the offense is magically competent. The problem is he just refuses to stick with it because our HC is completely incompetent.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Every year.... we need to switch to the 4-3. (3-4 if running a 4-3 already). This year it’s “we need to ditch the RPO’s.” Every fucking year it’s bitch about the scheme. It gets tiring.... The only scheme that makes you guys happy is dreaming about the perfect one they’ll run next year.

OP used a lot of words to say "Trubisky sucks"

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Everything is broken. HC, QB, OL, TE group. HC/QB share roughly the same amount of blame, IMO. The OL has been trash as well, but at the same time, when Nagy decides to “dumb down” his offense and runs a more traditional scheme, the offense is magically competent. The problem is he just refuses to stick with it because our HC is completely incompetent.

I have a feeling the players quit on Nagy and his antics. No one likes working with an egomaniac that can’t see what is in front of him. Like you said, when the Bears went with a more traditional offensive game plan the few times it happened this year, the offense played much better. This team should be a heavy run first play action pass type of offense that plays to the strengths of a strong defensive unit. The fact this roster didn’t even have a fullback until about week 14 tells me Nagy is clueless and has no business running a NFL offense.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
we need to find players built for the sideline WR screen and 3rd down midget dive
Your posts are very funny, and also true...Nagy is just a POS!

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Earth to fucktard... There's a pretty big difference between the situations at LT and QB. One guy is a 7th rounder you could replace with literally anyone off a practice squad and the other is a guy you traded up to draft 2nd overall to be your franchise QB and need to make a determination on long term with no viable replacement.

Nagy had no choice but to play Trubisky barring injury and let him sink or swim. If they had a guy like Bridgewater as a backup it's a completely different situation but they don't. They have Chase who's an even bigger bum than Trubisky.

As for losing the locker room I guarantee you the few good players on this roster have lost respect and tuned out Nagy after watching the shit Leno puts on tape each week in their meetings with zero accountability. It's just that guys like Mack and ARob that are too high character to pull an OBJ and make it public and cause a distraction.

I'd advise not discussing anything with the biggest Special person on the board. He literally understands NOTHING about the game of football.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Did you not see the Lions game where he could have easily run for a first down and decided to run towards the sideline? That is not my perception that is reality. A QBs number 1 job is to throw in the pocket and 1 read Mitch is dog crap at that. I remember an Eagles defender literally laughing at Mitch pointing at his eyes because he only stares down 1 receiver. If you think this line is as bad as the line that got Cutler sacked 9 times in 1 half you need to get your eyes checked. Mitch sometimes has a clean pocket and runs into pressure and defenses know he can't read a blitz to save his life. Tramon Williams said they could beat Mitch if they made him play QB. QB!

You chastise a RB for running out of bounds not a QB. QBs ideally don't get injured, running QBs do. I'm guessing that was part of why Nagy had him not running the first part of the season.

That may be a QB's #1 job, but our QB runs, that is what is reality.

You saw a defender "literally" "laughing at Mitch pointing at his eyes because he only stares down 1 receiver" and you think you can convince me you don't have an overactive imagination that has you adding a lot to what you think you see?
What I see is Trubisky is able to escape more than Cutler was not a better oline. If Cutler was here he would likely go down as much as he ever has with the Bears. I'm pretty sure we've had statues playing behind Trubisky and they go down more.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
within 2 seconds someone was running full blast at Trubisky with no blocker anywhere in sight.
This is completely untrue. Shame on you.

There was always an offensive lineman, who had just been badly burned, ready to give Trubisky a helping hand to get up.

Last edited:

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd advise not discussing anything with the biggest Special person on the board. He literally understands NOTHING about the game of football.
Trust me, I know better. I wasn't trying or expecting to have an actual intelligent discussion with him. Rest assured, if you see me engage with one of our resident retards you can be certain it's purely to bump one of my threads and keep it on the first page lol.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My question for today's presser...will Pace/Nagy admit the offense is a shit show and actually do something to actually score some points. I have NO confidence Nagy can change his philosophy of one TD a game and hopefully 2 under 40 yd FG's per game.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I honestly am curious about why people seem to want to let Nagy off the hook so much and blame the QB. Is this just a Bears fan thing?

It's the Jay Cutler after effect. While Jay was here Bears ownership gave him the red carpet treatment. Every headcoach and O coordinator change was made to appease Cutler. in the end Jay basically got 6 offensive coordinators fired, LOL!

It's crazy Jay at one time had Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Matt Forte and Marcellus Bennett as his weapons and still blew chunks.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling the players quit on Nagy and his antics.

Midseason was tough, games 5-10, with low effort performances against the Raiders, Saints and Rams. I did think the Bears showed pretty good effort down the stretch. I too had thought Nagy had lost the team but I think he kept it together pretty decently considering the season. I am a pretty bad Nagy critic, but I don't think we can say at all that he "lost the team".

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
take a look a this circle-jerk of #10 apologists
Lol no one is absolving Trubisky of anything you dumb fuck. This is a thread about the issues that directly fall on Nagy's shoulders. Just because you meatballs want to blame everything on Mitch and ignore everything else doesn't mean there aren't other issues with this team that warrant discussion.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny how "Be You" in reality is "Be Nagy" as Nagy force feeds his offense without utilizing what the players are best at.

The funny part is we saw the offense explode when they were running in the I and using play action pass and Trubisky was running again.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The funny part is we saw the offense explode when they were running in the I and using play action pass and Trubisky was running again.
I wondered if the visor wearing genius was told to come out running at the start of the 2nd half vs the queens or if he actually did that on his own. Seemed strange.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wondered if the visor wearing genius was told to come out running at the start of the 2nd half vs the queens or if he actually did that on his own. Seemed strange.

I don't see the Bears front office doing that.

That offense is what scored points in the past and where Trubisky and the running game was excelling at several games ago. Its like Nagy gave in to the dark side in the second half and admitted is style wasn't working.

The team cannot run or throw in Nagy's RPO with any consistency, but seem to do just fine in a traditional running game and PA passing attack.