Nagy confirms they will install some of the OSU plays/concepts to give Fields a head start

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Kinda refreshing to hear. The last thing I wanted for this kid was that Nagy was going to force his playbook down Justin's throat like he did with Mitch the first year. Also helps that Ryan Day runs a pretty pro style centric offense.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Anything that leads to Fields's success. I like how the iggles strategically gave Hurts snaps various times and situations with the starters. I hope Nagy does the same while Fields is brought up to speed.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Anything that leads to Fields's success. I like how the iggles strategically gave Hurts snaps various times and situations with the starters. I hope Nagy does the same while Fields is brought up to speed.
Pat Kirwan was saying the other day that regardless of who is starting Fields should get at least 70% of the reps in training camp. Him and Miller both said foles doesn't need any and Dalton has been around long enough he can get by on minimal, but Fields needs as many as possible for development. I like that approach for sure

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Pat Kirwan was saying the other day that regardless of who is starting Fields should get at least 70% of the reps in training camp. Him and Miller both said foles doesn't need any and Dalton has been around long enough he can get by on minimal, but Fields needs as many as possible for development. I like that approach for sure
Nagy's offense seems like a bit of a diff beast.

If it was Lazor calling plays, then I would agree that Dalton may not need too much of a feeling out process. But even Foles had problems getting the plays in on time and what not, so I'm wondering if the volume of Nagy's diner menu will take both Dalton and Fields a while to get used to..

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Nagy's offense seems like a bit of a diff beast.

If it was Lazor calling plays, then I would agree that Dalton may not need too much of a feeling out process. But even Foles had problems getting the plays in on time and what not, so I'm wondering if the volume of Nagy's diner menu will take both Dalton and Fields a while to get used to..
I'd still give fields the majority of the reps. Sucks for Dalton, but his future doesn't impact us. He's a placeholder and can learn on the fly if he can't pick it up in camp with limited work. If he wants to keep starting he'll put in work to learn the playbook off the field too.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
jesus christ. bears fans need to let this die already. he’s not sean payton or andy reid but he undeniably was asked to make chicken salad out of chicken shit the last few seasons.
tenor.gif

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He brought in foles as an alternative and had years to bring in alternatives for those tackles. Instead he rolled Coward out in front of guys like bars and mustipher
he also just drafted justin fields. Foles cost a 4th round pick he didn’t exactly mortgage the future. Nagy’s first two years we didn’t have a first round draft pick...? how are you supposed to replace tackles without a first round draft pick?