Nagy confirms they will install some of the OSU plays/concepts to give Fields a head start

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
he also just drafted justin fields. Foles cost a 4th round pick he didn’t exactly mortgage the future. Nagy’s first two years we didn’t have a first round draft pick...? how are you supposed to replace tackles without a first round draft pick?
1. Okay, good. Doesn't change what's happened his first 3 years. If things go better in the future I'll be happy to keep him around.
2. Never said he did, but he chose him as a starting option knowing he had no faith in trubisky.
3. FA or at least making an attempt in the draft after rd 1. The blatantly neglected the offensive line for years.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
1. Okay, good. Doesn't change what's happened his first 3 years. If things go better in the future I'll be happy to keep him around.
2. Never said he did, but he chose him as a starting option knowing he had no faith in trubisky.
3. FA or at least making an attempt in the draft after rd 1. The blatantly neglected the offensive line for years.
1. it does change what you said because you somehow used foles as some catastrophic indictment on his player input
2. he was right to have no faith in mitch he’s literally a back up QBi
3. i don’t know if you noticed but the bears are kinda strapped for cash, and tackles tend to be expensive. but if you really want to die on this hill he did address tackle in FA. ifedi is his starting RT and is signed for super cheap. of all the legit criticisms of you Nagy you chose this stupid one lol.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
he also just drafted justin fields. Foles cost a 4th round pick he didn’t exactly mortgage the future. Nagy’s first two years we didn’t have a first round draft pick...? how are you supposed to replace tackles without a first round draft pick?
Giving a 4th for foles and his contract was unnecessary. There were a lot of options they could have gone with. Andy dalton, cam newton and phillip rivers were all available and didnt cost a pick.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Giving a 4th for foles and his contract was unnecessary. There were a lot of options they could have gone with. Andy dalton, cam newton and phillip rivers were all available and didnt cost a pick.
sure, and you’re right about that. but when people use this as evidence of Nagy’s supposed incompetence that’s when you start blowing it out of proportion. was it a and move? obviously. but the only better option on that list is andy dalton, who is literally on the Bears now.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
1. it does change what you said because you somehow used foles as some catastrophic indictment on his player input
2. he was right to have no faith in mitch he’s literally a back up QBi
3. i don’t know if you noticed but the bears are kinda strapped for cash, and tackles tend to be expensive. but if you really want to die on this hill he did address tackle in FA. ifedi is his starting RT and is signed for super cheap. of all the legit criticisms of you Nagy you chose this stupid one lol.
...how does making a good decision with Fields counteract a poor decision with Foles. Never ever implied foles was a catastrophic decision which you keep trying to portray even though I'm stating the opposite for a second time. He was just an unnecessary bad decision.

Right. His lack of faith in mitch was fair...

Hes an offensive head coach. He saw Reid always prioritize a strong offensive line. He spent 3 years doing very little to prioritize it. Ifedi is a very good example of not making it a priority. You know who else was strapped for cash? The chiefs this offseason and they completely rebuilt their oline after it was decimated by injuries last year.

We obviously don't agree on what Nagy has done to this point. Hopefully we will agree with his future vision and it will lead to a successful offense, team, and organization.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
sure, and you’re right about that. but when people use this as evidence of Nagy’s supposed incompetence that’s when you start blowing it out of proportion. was it a and move? obviously. but the only better option on that list is andy dalton, who is literally on the Bears now.
It put the bears in bad cap situation. If they went with any of the FA they could have gotten a contract they could have gotten out of. Instead the bears had to get rid of a good player in fuller to make room for other players. And of course they had one less pick in the draft. Foles was a bad move. Didn't mortgage the future but got rid of a lot of flexibility in the draft and FA this year.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It put the bears in bad cap situation. If they went with any of the FA they could have gotten a contract they could have gotten out of. Instead the bears had to get rid of a good player in fuller to make room for other players. And of course they had one less pick in the draft. Foles was a bad move. Didn't mortgage the future but got rid of a lot of flexibility in the draft and FA this year.
i’ve already admitted it was a bad move, in fact i never tried to defend the move.

but if you think that’s the reason or even one of the biggest the offensive personnel has been so bad since nagy got to chicago you’re bat shit crazy.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
At the end when he says something like, “Dang that kid sure can run... Look at him run!” I just immediately thought “Fuck you, he’s a pocket passer.”

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
...how does making a good decision with Fields counteract a poor decision with Foles. Never ever implied foles was a catastrophic decision which you keep trying to portray even though I'm stating the opposite for a second time. He was just an unnecessary bad decision.

Right. His lack of faith in mitch was fair...

Hes an offensive head coach. He saw Reid always prioritize a strong offensive line. He spent 3 years doing very little to prioritize it. Ifedi is a very good example of not making it a priority. You know who else was strapped for cash? The chiefs this offseason and they completely rebuilt their oline after it was decimated by injuries last year.

We obviously don't agree on what Nagy has done to this point. Hopefully we will agree with his future vision and it will lead to a successful offense, team, and organization.
the chiefs already had their QB of the next 20 years LOL. It’s much easier to rebuild an offensive line when you 1) aren’t consistently trying to find a quarterback before anything else 2) have consecutive seasons with a first round draft pick? they came in really conveniently when trading for a franchise LT didn’t they. 3) Nagy is only in his second season with a draft picker higher than a 3rd round. how do you honestly rebuild an offensive line when you don’t have cap space or first or second round draft picks? it’s easy to say look what KC did when the circumstances are not close. since Nagy has got here they’ve drafted Daniels in the 2nd, Fields in the first, now Jenkins, in the 2nd, and later round picks such as Borrom, and the two 7th rounders last year. these things take time without premium picks.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
How will fickle Bear fans and the media react if Fields has 2 bad games in a row while learning?

I cringe to think of what will happen to that poor guy!

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
How will fickle Bear fans and the media react if Fields has 2 bad games in a row while learning?

I cringe to think of what will happen to that poor guy!
Have to sack up as an NFL player with franchise expectations. Fans and media in most places aren’t very patient or kind

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I bet Mitch is shaking his head and turning off whatever media he's watching that has Bears news. Doing in one week what they didn't manage to do in 4 years.

And anti-fanbois, I'm not saying Mitch is great. I'm saying there was no reason not to get an offense 4 freakin years ago. Otherwise they could've done a better job of sucking for better draft picks if that was the goal. And since Trubbles was never given an offense to really say beyond a shadow of doubt he is a bum we could've traded those picks for a shit load of picks 4 years in the future and just not drafted him in the first place.
What a waste of time and cap space.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
jesus christ. bears fans need to let this die already. he’s not sean payton or andy reid but he undeniably was asked to make chicken salad out of chicken shit the last few seasons.
That anyone seeing his play designs of colliding WR's, or playcalls of 130lb halfback dives or 12 bubbles screens a game exonerate Nagy is comical.

But you having his nuts tonsils deep down your throat may have something to do with that.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I caution people to temper their expectations. What if the 1st play of the season is a 1-yard Out Route Pass to Cohen and the 2nd play is a hand off to Foles.. Nagy is still coach. When I saw that first play against the saints I knew the game was already lost. But I am optimistic. I feel like Nagy will do some weird shit sometimes tho like Fields in the slot, Cohen at QB and maybe Santos at Middle linebacker and we’ll just have to live with it

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet Mitch is shaking his head and turning off whatever media he's watching that has Bears news. Doing in one week what they didn't manage to do in 4 years.

And anti-fanbois, I'm not saying Mitch is great. I'm saying there was no reason not to get an offense 4 freakin years ago. Otherwise they could've done a better job of sucking for better draft picks if that was the goal. And since Trubbles was never given an offense to really say beyond a shadow of doubt he is a bum we could've traded those picks for a shit load of picks 4 years in the future and just not drafted him in the first place.
What a waste of time and cap space.

not disagreeing completely but the bears put pieces around him., dumbed down the offense. What was NCs playbook? Did Mitch even know it lol? He played 12 games as a starter?

he hit a wall in late 2018 and teams figured him out, pretty simple.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm no Mitch lover or hater. But none of that explains Nagy's wacky decision making and play calling.

Name some things about Nagy's offense that you like.
Yeah was thinking about that recently. I am hoping it was desperation. Trying to get more out of Mitch.. Mitch was pretty football stupid.