Nagy: Could Move Borom to LT and Teven to RT

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Now that Tevan has a few practices under his belt it's time to change positions?

I'm starting to wonder if this entire season is just some cruel joke to ruin any confidence he might have.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless of where Teven plays...he's still really soft on the edge.

Only advantage to moving him to the right side is Fields will be able to see when he's beat right away versus having to feel it on his blind side.

Peters getting hurt isn't great for the last 4 games of Fields development.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Only advantage to moving him to the right side is Fields will be able to see when he's beat right away versus having to feel it on his blind side.

Because of rehab and the situation, he's going to look soft. The back surgery wrecked his season. He's healthy, but he isn't in "football" shape. Right now, focus on his instincts and not his penalties or power. And then just hope the offseason program and a training camp next year leads to significant improvement.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Both have decent Olines. Hell Laramie Tunsil is better than any two of our guys put together. Lane Johnson is a stud, Im sure there are a few more solid pieces on both of those lines. Are you arguing we don't need a good Oline or are you arguing our guys are good enough?? I'm puzzled, are you saying the oline isn't as important to a young QB?
Well it seems pretty clear.

You said:

Collins77 said:
Look at New England, it's no surprise Mac is balling out. They have a DOMINANT offensive line that keeps him clean. They can also pound the rock right at you so that keeps the D on their heels a bit. You can have all the toys, best WRs,and gimmick BS in yhe world but unless the line can give enough time it doesn't matter.

So i was simply letting you know that QB's can and have and do still ball out without having good o-lines so i gave you A.Rodgers and R.Wilson as examples which you didn't like because they're HOF QB's, even though you said nothing about great QB's in your comment, and said you can't think of any rookie or 1st year QB's that have so i then gave you two more examples with Watson and Burrow, which you're now trying to say they also don't/didn't have bad o-lines by mentioning Tunsil and Johnson but there's 8 other o-linemen between them. They both have and had bad o-lines.

I'll just leave it alone though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Peters looked soft on the edge when he first played 2. Question is whether that is just down to stamina and conditioning or lack of ability.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember @Black Rainbow wanting Jenkins in the first round.
I remember a lot of people did. Quite a few mocks had him going around 20-ish. I was not one of them. I wanted one of these three: Darrisaw, Bateman, or Cosmi

I was happy Pace actually drafted OL. I don't hate the pick, we could have had Cosmi though for a lot less and he is and was more LT ready for the NFL but it is what it is.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ideally wouldn't it better to have Borom at RT, Jenkins at RG, Daniels/Whitehair at C/LG (whichever suits best) and draft/sign a real LT?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I remember a lot of people did. Quite a few mocks had him going around 20-ish. I was not one of them. I wanted one of these three: Darrisaw, Bateman, or Cosmi

I was happy Pace actually drafted OL. I don't hate the pick, we could have had Cosmi though for a lot less and he is and was more LT ready for the NFL but it is what it is.
Yeah I wanted darrisaw or trade down

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Ideally wouldn't it better to have Borom at RT, Jenkins at RG, Daniels/Whitehair at C/LG (whichever suits best) and draft/sign a real LT?
What starting LT is going to be available and where is the 10-15 mill coming from to sign them? Where is the draft pick to draft a LT prospect better than Borom or Jenkins?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Drafting another OT prospect in the 4-7 round is possible or signing someone's bench player OT that is a FA and has not gotten a chance. This is really hard anymore with so many teams having OL problems every year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What starting LT is going to be available and where is the 10-15 mill coming from to sign them? Where is the draft pick to draft a LT prospect better than Borom or Jenkins?
A good talent evaluator can find a solid tackle outside round 1 and good coaches can develop them into something better. It's not like every starting LT is a first round pick.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point wasnt that Jenkins was good. It was that Borom sucked at RT too. Jenkins problems seemed attrituble to this being his first real game action.

By contrast Borom started out well but has struggled quite a bit the last few games.

No doubt... Bull rush is killing Borom the last few games

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Hes got great feet and always stays in front of his guys, but he needs to work on the anchor
That'll come with more offseason work. I think we all are an impatient bunch, I am completely happy giving him time to come around. I would much rather he have good feat and need to work on the anchor, than having a good anchor and needing to work on his feat.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I might be in the minority but I'm willing to cut Jenkins some slack when it was his first game, coming off of back surgery, with Nagy getting cute and throwing him out on an island and lining him up as a FN WR. IMO, what I saw in that game was a rookie LT with 0 reps in camp, 0 reps pre-season getting thrown into the fire. No doubt he has to take a HUGE step this week with technique and holding the point of attack but to start talking about flip flopping Borom and Jenkins seems a bit premature and short sighted to me. But wtf do I know.