Nagy defenders

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can’t wait till Nagy/Pace are gone. It was obvious by the end of 2019 that these guys are not the answer.

What sucks is Fields will have to learn a whole new offense again next season.
i have no doubt that Fields will have no problem and will quickly learn a new system, were not talking about Trubisky here

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone here believes he is or can be a good head coach anymore. We have seen enough incompetence now, going into the 4th year, to have proof otherwise.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't think anyone here believes he is or can be a good head coach anymore. We have seen enough incompetence now, going into the 4th year, to have proof otherwise.

The sad thing is he did his apprenticeship with us and when he gets to his next stop, he might be a better coach.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
For a minute I thought this was a foiled game plan for opposing defenses.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The sad thing is he did his apprenticeship with us and when he gets to his next stop, he might be a better coach.
Did we catch one? A Nagy defender?

No way Nagy's next job is even an OC. I say a position coach is probably the best he could hope for but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a consultant role.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
lol nagy...the bald headed salesman is going down fast. Quick someone get him a book bundle of Coaching for Dummies and Playcalling for Dummies.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Did we catch one? A Nagy defender?

No way Nagy's next job is even an OC. I say a position coach is probably the best he could hope for but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a consultant role.

Nah.....I'm not a Nagy supporter. I never wanted him here in the first place. I wanted a experienced HC.
Maybe he gets a job as OC. But if you've read any of comments, you'll know I do not support how he runs the offense, play calling etc. ;)(n) on Nagy for me.

Expectations for Justin Fields vs other good rookies.

My belief is Fields will mentally supersede what ever Nagy lacks. he succeeded in helping him. yes "helped". However....... Using 'catch phrases' doesn't equate to Qb development. When ppl think of Mahomes' Qb development, I respectfully doubt you'll find anyone saying Nagy "developed"...

This will show ya who supports Nagy>>>#197

Last edited:

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
we have already blown the last 2 GM and HC choices, what gives you hope that eill change the next time
While his teams weren't world beaters, I still feel Fox was a good hire at the time. He put structure back into the team. Got control of the locker room that went into the dumpster fire under Trestman.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite excuse is all the people that said we needed to dink and dunk all night long, because that's what the Rams gave us. They were defending the deep pass! That's why we had to TORCH them with 4 yard passes.

You only take what the defense gives you. At no point should you ever challenge them or attempt to impose your will on them. Only take what they will allow you to have. That's how you win championships! ? So bad...
This. ?‍♂️ For as much as he tries to not expose his gameplan, he just flat out TOLD opponents what to do to stop him.

Smooth. Real smooth.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More accountability problems:

RE to question about the 2 DBs not touching a WR down & giving up easy TD...

Nagy: "I'll tell you this, it was not lack of effort".

!!!!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? The flying fuck!????
say what chris rock.gif
One can't write a script and film a football play with a more obvious & clear lack of effort!!! Holy shit this is incredible.

As a metaphor and comparison of this logic, Nagy's either trying to convince us the sky isn't blue, or he doesn't understand what the sky or the color blue is when his job is do exactly that. I question his mental sanity at this point. Seriously, WTF is wrong with this guy?? Totally delusional.

Also Nagy: "We'll learn from this. It's a learning opportunity".

OMG!?? - these are highly paid top-level PRO-athletes!!!
If they haven't learned this by now, they are mentally incompetent to function as adults/play football, or you have an effort & coaching problem (see above).
+ Fuck you for making me type "OMG" Mr. Nagy.

Second, enough of this "WE" shit!!!
There is no WE. It's YOU Mr. Nagy. YOU are the HC and YOU are the one calling plays and NOT calling out players who need to be called out...esp. when they force the issue by being lazy as fuck and checking out on the field for all to see. Not only do YOU tolerate this, but YOU reinforce this shit play & attitude by publicly DEFENDING IT!!!

1631688992437.jpeg

Not enough rant to respond to his inability to coach. I. Can't. Even.

I hope this meme somehow reaches Nagy & the defense so they at least take this learning opportunity to figure out how to tackle.

Attachments

• 1631689093780.png
    1631689093780.png
    76 KB · Views: 1

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you ever wonder why Nagy doesn't call play action, consider that he doesn't design the run plays. Our Offensive genius designs trick plays with poor blocking coordination, the pass game plus RPO but not the runs. How much play action will you be comfortable with or natural integrate into your play book like that. He says the strangest things, contradicts himself in the same sentences if it happens to be one that you can actually follow and calls plays the same way.

He has enough rote learning to create a decent playbook but he cannot process on the fly. It's so weird that he'll stay the course in a game like Sunday when he needs to adjust and then in other games where the plan is working, throw some weird shit at the wall to kill drives.

On a positive note, Castillo (run game coordinator) seems to be doing a VG job with what he's got to work with now that he has familiarity with his players. I suspect he didn't care about keeping mope Leno either.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
My favorite excuse is all the people that said we needed to dink and dunk all night long, because that's what the Rams gave us. They were defending the deep pass! That's why we had to TORCH them with 4 yard passes.

You only take what the defense gives you. At no point should you ever challenge them or attempt to impose your will on them. Only take what they will allow you to have. That's how you win championships! ? So bad...

Back in the day that was true. To hold off explosive offenses is to keep the ball away. Time of possession, grind the clock out and keep the defense fresh is usually a recipe for success. Bears had their chances up to the middle of the 3rd quarter but the overpriced defense laid an egg.

Halftime was only 13-7. Rams got the kickoff starting the 3rd quarter and scored a TD that made it 20-7. Bears offense answered with a 16 play, 10 minute drive and they actually finished it off with a TD, a 3 and out stop here would have been huge and force the tired Ram defense back on the field but the defense gave up another TD and well that was the end of that, lol.

Fans following their home teams from one season to the next usually witness a coverage breakdown for a touchdown maybe just once per season if that. To have 2 in the same game in week 1? uh oh

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fans following their home teams from one season to the next usually witness a coverage breakdown for a touchdown maybe just once per season if that. To have 2 in the same game in week 1? uh oh
Yeah, that was totally inexcusable. And as much as we do need to blame the defense for that, plenty of teams in this league can get in a shootout and compete. We will never do that with Andy Dalton and Matt Nagy playing that conservatively.

We're back to every other Chicago Bears season. If our D bails us out, we can have a shitty offense. But the D doesn't look to be capable of bailing us out anymore. And I'm sure everyone is sick of that being the case. It's time for the offense to step the fuck up for the first time in history. Lol.

IE..... START JUSTIN FIELDS!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yeah, that was totally inexcusable. And as much as we do need to blame the defense for that, plenty of teams in this league can get in a shootout and compete. We will never do that with Andy Dalton and Matt Nagy playing that conservatively.

We're back to every other Chicago Bears season. If our D bails us out, we can have a shitty offense. But the D doesn't look to be capable of bailing us out anymore. And I'm sure everyone is sick of that being the case. It's time for the offense to step the fuck up for the first time in history. Lol.

IE..... START JUSTIN FIELDS!

Yes it would be nice to witness a shootout once in awhile and come out on top . . . lol

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
there are people that still have faith in Nagy? IDK, maybe as a HC who lets his OC make the play calls... maybe.

but there is not much I'm impressed with, the team continues to make the same fundamental mistakes because he just ain't drilling it in their heads. repetition, consistency, no sign of it with Nagy.
Yep, same crap new year. Badly coached team that commits stupid penalties like false starts and personal fouls. The team plays with no energy, no passion, no fire. The "best" players on the team in 2018 have regressed significantly with exception of Allen Robinson, the #2 overall pick Trubisky was a bust and it appears coaching was a big factor in that. The guy needs to go.