Nagy Era Leaks

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
Some of us have been saying this since year two of Nagy. 90% caught on by year three. It was pretty obvious Nagy does not know how to manage his X and O style based on his personnel. He may be a smart guy, but there are a lot of smart unsuccessful people in the world who never learn to adapt.
Shout out to all of us who saw this fraud Nagy for what he was early.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it’s about Mitch being able to play better. This isn’t middle school they’re grown men.
So nagy blowing off meetings with Trubisky and calling him out in front of teammates is supposed to make him play better.

And to think I've been doing my management style all wrong by showing up to meetings and staying professional.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So nagy blowing off meetings with Trubisky and calling him out in front of teammates is supposed to make him play better.

And to think I've been doing my management style all wrong by showing up to meetings and staying professional.
Neither did having wide open receivers for him. Maybe some players truly are just uncoachable!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither did having wide open receivers for him. Maybe some players truly are just uncoachable!
And maybe some coaches just truly suck at their job and at leadership....they don't have to be mutually exclusive

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And maybe some coaches just truly suck at their job and at leadership....they don't have to be mutually exclusive
Nobody here is starting threads trying to make Nagy look better

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No it literally doesn’t. I’m not going to cry over a millionaire getting his feelings hurt.
Imagine thinking someone's net worth affects how they are motivated by insults. Like since he is making millions calling him shit in front of teammates should totally fire him up to go to battle for the guy.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Imagine thinking someone's net worth affects how they are motivated by insults. Like since he is making millions calling him shit in front of teammates should totally fire him up to go to battle for the guy.
He could always play better. Not like he didn’t suck before and he definitely still sucked after.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This isn't hard.

Mitch maxed out is Kirk Cousins. Matt Nagy was such a terrible coach with a terrible offense that he couldn't even get Mitch to that Kirk Cousins level.

Plenty of bad all around.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This isn't hard.

Mitch maxed out is Kirk Cousins. Matt Nagy was such a terrible coach with a terrible offense that he couldn't even get Mitch to that Kirk Cousins level.

Plenty of bad all around.
And if NFL circles believed this he wouldn’t be holding coffee in Buffalo.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you GROSSLY overrate Kirk Cousins....

I'd rather have Kirk Cousins than:

• Mike Tomczak
  • Peter Tom Willis
  • Will Furrer
  • Steve Walsh
  • Dave Krieg
  • Rick Mirer
  • Steve Stenstrom
  • Moses Moreno
  • Cade McNown
  • Shane Matthews
  • Jim Miller (I liked the guy, but hurt too much)
  • Chris Chandler
  • Henry Burris
  • Kordell Stewart
  • Chad Hutchinson
  • Craig Krenzel
  • Jonathan Quinn
  • Brian Griese
  • Todd Collins
  • Caleb Hanie
  • Jason Campbell
  • Jimmy Clausen
  • Matt Barkley
  • Brian Hoyer
  • Mike Glennon
  • Chase Daniel
  • Nick Foles
  • Andy Dalton
Omitted from the list:
  • Jim Harbaugh (I want him as our HC, so I am not including him in the above list)
  • Erik Kramer (I enjoyed him as a kid growing up before I learned what QB pain we had)
  • Rex Grossman (I enjoyed watching Sexy Rex, as infuriating as he could be, there was nothing like seeing those bombs to Bernard Berrian.)
  • Kyle Orton (Guy was a winner and underrated - probably the closest you can get to Kirk Cousins on this list).
  • Jay Cutler (most under appreciated QB Chicago's ever had, and also, the Bears fucked him up with a new OC every year).
  • Mitch Trubisky (Nagy fucked this guy over, period.)
So, yeah, considering the long list of names we've had at QB, I think most of us would take Kirk Cousins any day except for those guys under the omitted list.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd rather have Kirk Cousins than:

• Mike Tomczak
  • Peter Tom Willis
  • Will Furrer
  • Steve Walsh
  • Dave Krieg
  • Rick Mirer
  • Steve Stenstrom
  • Moses Moreno
  • Cade McNown
  • Shane Matthews
  • Jim Miller (I liked the guy, but hurt too much)
  • Chris Chandler
  • Henry Burris
  • Kordell Stewart
  • Chad Hutchinson
  • Craig Krenzel
  • Jonathan Quinn
  • Brian Griese
  • Todd Collins
  • Caleb Hanie
  • Jason Campbell
  • Jimmy Clausen
  • Matt Barkley
  • Brian Hoyer
  • Mike Glennon
  • Chase Daniel
  • Nick Foles
  • Andy Dalton
Omitted from the list:
  • Jim Harbaugh (I want him as our HC, so I am not including him in the above list)
  • Erik Kramer (I enjoyed him as a kid growing up before I learned what QB pain we had)
  • Rex Grossman (I enjoyed watching Sexy Rex, as infuriating as he could be, there was nothing like seeing those bombs to Bernard Berrian.)
  • Kyle Orton (Guy was a winner and underrated - probably the closest you can get to Kirk Cousins on this list).
  • Jay Cutler (most under appreciated QB Chicago's ever had, and also, the Bears fucked him up with a new OC every year).
  • Mitch Trubisky (Nagy fucked this guy over, period.)
So, yeah, considering the long list of names we've had at QB, I think most of us would take Kirk Cousins any day except for those guys under the omitted list.

I mean it's fine if you feel that way.

And you'll be just as close to super bowl with Kirk cousins as you would be with any of the other names on that list so I don't know what difference it makes.

You need a quarterback who's better than Kirk cousins if you want to win a super bowl is my overall point...

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean it's fine if you feel that way.

And you'll be just as close to super bowl with Kirk cousins as you would be with any of the other names on that list so I don't know what difference it makes.

You need a quarterback who's better than Kirk cousins if you want to win a super bowl is my overall point...
Oh, absolutely, but not quite true either.

Yes, a great QB will get you over the hump, but sometimes having a good back-up QB helps too. See below:
  • Roger Staubach (started season as back-up).
  • Jim Plunkett (started season as back-up).
  • Doug Williams (started season as back-up).
  • Jeff Hostetler (replaced Phil Simms).
  • Trent Dilfer (possibly the worst winning QB of the Super Bowl)
  • Kurt Warner (started season as back-up).
  • Tom FREAKIN' Brady (started season as back-up).
  • Nick Foles (started season as back-up).
Sometimes you just need a good back-up QB just in case with a strong defense. We have Foles for another year (unless we cut/trade him). With that being said, I feel pretty good about Justin Fields + Nick Foles under a new HC/OC.

Trust me, I agree with you 99.9%, but the list proves that even the other 0.01% can be right.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh, absolutely, but not quite true either.

Yes, a great QB will get you over the hump, but sometimes having a good back-up QB helps too. See below:
  • Roger Staubach (started season as back-up).
  • Jim Plunkett (started season as back-up).
  • Doug Williams (started season as back-up).
  • Jeff Hostetler (replaced Phil Simms).
  • Trent Dilfer (possibly the worst winning QB of the Super Bowl)
  • Kurt Warner (started season as back-up).
  • Tom FREAKIN' Brady (started season as back-up).
  • Nick Foles (started season as back-up).
Sometimes you just need a good back-up QB just in case with a strong defense. We have Foles for another year (unless we cut/trade him). With that being said, I feel pretty good about Justin Fields + Nick Foles under a new HC/OC.

Trust me, I agree with you 99.9%, but the list proves that even the other 0.01% can be right.

The thing of it is, that 0.01% is not something you can plan. It would be absolutely insane to count on that 0.01% as a general manager or a head coach.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, but those things happen out of sheer luck and is nothing anyone actually responsible for the football operation should be planning around. Therefore to me it's also just as silly for fans to bank on that as well.

Dick Jauron

Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing of it is, that 0.01% is not something you can plan. It would be absolutely insane to count on that 0.01% as a general manager or a head coach.

Doesn't mean it can't happen, but those things happen out of sheer luck and is nothing anyone actually responsible for the football operation should be planning around. Therefore to me it's also just as silly for fans to bank on that as well.

Not to divert the subject, but is there a reason @Chicagosports89 keeps disliking your posts?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
It is very possible that Mitch became less accurate under Nagy. As a pitcher I know if I have too much shit in my head I become less accurate. If Mitch was being given too much, which it appears he was, then it is definitely possible his accuracy regressed.