My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

“It did bum Mitch out, but it also bummed out his teammates,” another source said. “Mitch was really liked by his teammates.” Backup quarterback Nick Foles, the former Super Bowl MVP, waited in the wings. And a week later, after Trubisky threw an ugly interception in the second half against the Falcons, Nagy benched him.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I was just reading this article this morning on The Atlantic and was just like, it figures. I wish a lot of this had come out while he was still posturing around and warming up the smoke machine for Club Dubbbbb.

This also begs the question of why they didn't fire his ass last year. No showing a meeting is the ultimate example of unprofessionalism. Nagy didn't develop a damn thing. Worst coach I've ever heard of. Ever. He is the baseline that I now use for what a bad coach is.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I was just reading this article this morning on The Atlantic and was just like, it figures. I wish a lot of this had come out while he was still posturing around and warming up the smoke machine for Club Dubbbbb.

This also begs the question of why they didn't fire his ass last year. No showing a meeting is the ultimate example of unprofessionalism. Nagy didn't develop a damn thing. Worst coach I've ever heard of. Ever. He is the baseline that I now use for what a bad coach is.
Snake oil. Fucked up is what it is.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I have no idea how to keep accountability in a lockerroom. It sounds like the worst part of the job, calling out meatheads with potential brain trauma after a disappointing, tough loss.

For real though, how do you snub your QB? Even if Mitch wasnt performing well, Job #1 for him was to fix the QB position.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
TO SOME, THOUGH, IT WAS EVIDENT THAT THINGS WEREN’T WORKING OUT WITH THE QUARTERBACK AND HEAD COACH. “MITCH NEVER CHECKED THE BOXES FOR NAGY FROM DAY 1,” SAID ONE SOURCE.

THEN CAME THE WEEK 1 MATCHUP AGAINST GREEN BAY. IN THE MOST ANTICIPATED REGULAR-SEASON BEARS GAME IN DECADES, TRUBISKY WAS 26-FOR-45 PASSING WITH ONE INTERCEPTION AND NO TOUCHDOWNS. HE WAS SACKED FIVE TIMES. THE BEARS LOST 10-3. “THE PACKERS GAME WAS WHERE YOU WERE LIKE, ‘OH SHIT, THIS IS NOT WORKING OUT,’” SAID ONE SOURCE.

TO THOSE WHO HAD FOLLOWED TRUBISKY’S SHORT CAREER, IT WAS APPARENT THE MATCH WASN’T WORKING. THE GENERAL SENTIMENT? NAGY TRIED TO MAKE HIS QUARTERBACK SOMETHING THAT HE WASN’T. “MATT UNDERSTANDS THAT PUBLIC PERCEPTION,” A FORMER BEARS PLAYER SAID. “IF HIS QUARTERBACK ISN’T DOING WHAT HE WANTS, WHAT HE SEES IN HIS DREAMS, IT’S GOING TO BE A TOUGH DYNAMIC, AND IT’S GOING TO REFLECT POORLY ON HIM AND HIS STAFF.”

This is problem number 1,2,3,4 and 5.

He says he adjusts to player…. Fuck you Nagy

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read it earlier today and I have to say..."holy crap". If this shit is true, Nagy should've been canned a long ass time ago. I don't mind a coach who yells or whatever, but your own offense and playcalling has been shit. Gotta point the finger at yourself too

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
After this year can anyone really believe anything being reported about the Bears behind the scenes?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
So more coming out about how bad of a coach Nagy was.

What happens if Trubisky gets a shot with another team and finds some success? As bad a coach as Nagy was, he still had a winning record here. And if it turns out it was largely the coaching that ruined Mitch just like it's done no favors for Fields, Foles or Dalton, do people re-evaulate their perspective on Pace and his (in)ability to put talent on the field that can win games?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
TO SOME, THOUGH, IT WAS EVIDENT THAT THINGS WEREN’T WORKING OUT WITH THE QUARTERBACK AND HEAD COACH. “MITCH NEVER CHECKED THE BOXES FOR NAGY FROM DAY 1,” SAID ONE SOURCE.

THEN CAME THE WEEK 1 MATCHUP AGAINST GREEN BAY. IN THE MOST ANTICIPATED REGULAR-SEASON BEARS GAME IN DECADES, TRUBISKY WAS 26-FOR-45 PASSING WITH ONE INTERCEPTION AND NO TOUCHDOWNS. HE WAS SACKED FIVE TIMES. THE BEARS LOST 10-3. “THE PACKERS GAME WAS WHERE YOU WERE LIKE, ‘OH SHIT, THIS IS NOT WORKING OUT,’” SAID ONE SOURCE.

TO THOSE WHO HAD FOLLOWED TRUBISKY’S SHORT CAREER, IT WAS APPARENT THE MATCH WASN’T WORKING. THE GENERAL SENTIMENT? NAGY TRIED TO MAKE HIS QUARTERBACK SOMETHING THAT HE WASN’T. “MATT UNDERSTANDS THAT PUBLIC PERCEPTION,” A FORMER BEARS PLAYER SAID. “IF HIS QUARTERBACK ISN’T DOING WHAT HE WANTS, WHAT HE SEES IN HIS DREAMS, IT’S GOING TO BE A TOUGH DYNAMIC, AND IT’S GOING TO REFLECT POORLY ON HIM AND HIS STAFF.”

This is problem number 1,2,3,4 and 5.

He says he adjusts to player…. Fuck you Nagy

Nagy was not the coach he appeared to be and was not a long-term coach. The offseason kicker fiasco was the first glaring one....prior to that you could chalk it up to "rookie coach" learning curve. The great coaches find ways to adjust...even against their own ego(see Brian Billick's 2001 Ravens).

But this also says a lot about the organization, and their willingness to put average to below average product on the field vs looking good to the NFL (aka known as gutless/Casper Milquetoast/not firing coach midseason).

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Also I’m surprised at the vitriol in this thread.
Pretty much everyone was pissed and done with Mitch when they looked at the tape and saw him miss wide open reads and didn’t pass to the correct receiver.

I remember many “tale of the tapes” chastising Mitch because he could execute the simplistic passing schemes.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was trying to tell people, as some of the rumors and shit was coming out, that Nagy was a used car salesman and a lot of leaks were likely coming out from his camp. Between him and Pace trying to save their own skin, a lot of the in-season bullshit reporters were biting on were likely coming from those 2 camps.

I'm just glad he's done now. Dude was a grade A fraud, and Pace should have been fired for not seeing through it, and instead latching on to "douchebro energy"...

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also I’m surprised at the vitriol in this thread.
Pretty much everyone was pissed and done with Mitch when they looked at the tape and saw him miss wide open reads and didn’t pass to the correct receiver.

I remember many “tale of the tapes” chastising Mitch because he could execute the simplistic passing schemes.

On no planet would I say Mitch is a better prospect than Justin Fields, so I don't regret how things went down.

But in light of the Matt Nagy debacle, I do think Mitch deserves another look in this league under capable coaches.

I still think Mitch's ceiling though is Kirk Cousins...