Nagy Era Leaks

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
We've come full circle now, sympathizing with Mitch after the fanbase trashed him relentlessly.

Just another in a long line of QBs the Bears ruined
i actually think Grossman had terrible coaching as well. What coach here has ever developed a QB?

Grossman was a really good intermediate to deep ball passer, he just was never taught to handle the blitz...which is why you saw Favre throw the Packer screen about 2000 times...

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I mean we all saw Mitch miss wide open Taylor Gabriel and Miller way too many times. So I'm not saying Mitch didn't suck. However, when he says the offense isn't working and he wants to change it, and then the guy you handpicked, Foles, says the same thing. Maybe the coach is definitely to blame. How stubborn are you that you can't listen to your players when they tell you something isn't working?
Agreed. Mitch was always an over drafted project. Nagy did him no favors but Mitch had plenty to situations to capitalize on and rarely did.

I sympathize with Mitch and what he had to go through with Nagy but this doesn't vindicate him or his ability as a starting QB. Mitch wasn't the guy. Nagy wasn't the guy. Pace wasn't the guy.

Speaking of Pace, this is just more telling to how awful he was as the overseer of this franchise. EOY he should have had meetings with every major contributor on the team and got input on how the hell their offense kept failing week after week, year after year. Another incompetent meatball tard to hold the mantle of GM.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Mitch still sucked and always will.
Its not an either or....both can be true

Mitch needed time and alot of work....he didn't get the help he needed here....he was an average at best and more like a below average starter

However

The head coach and so called offensive genius and qb guru was way worse at his job than Mitch

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
i actually think Grossman had terrible coaching as well. What coach here has ever developed a QB?

Grossman was a really good intermediate to deep ball passer, he just was never taught to handle the blitz...which is why you saw Favre throw the Packer screen about 2000 times...

We can't develop shit and I feel bad for Justin Fields, the odds are not good.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Wow he did that even after dear sweet Mitchell cried on his shoulder after being benched. What a POS

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I bet the same ones calling Flores great head coaching material are in here defending Mitch from Asshole Nagy

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Wait.... so the guy is an even bigger pos than we originally thought??? Hard to imagine but not surprised.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I bet the same ones calling Flores great head coaching material are in here defending Mitch from Asshole Nagy
Sweaty Teddy is working overtime today. Even while interviewing Flores

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Really posters are upset because Trubs got blown off. I'm sure his note taking would of been superb!

Here's a lesson you over sensitive bitches- no note taking is gotta help youto read a defense

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I was just reading this article this morning on The Atlantic and was just like, it figures. I wish a lot of this had come out while he was still posturing around and warming up the smoke machine for Club Dubbbbb.

This also begs the question of why they didn't fire his ass last year. No showing a meeting is the ultimate example of unprofessionalism. Nagy didn't develop a damn thing. Worst coach I've ever heard of. Ever. He is the baseline that I now use for what a bad coach is.
Agreed he was awful period.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Agreed. Mitch was always an over drafted project. Nagy did him no favors but Mitch had plenty to situations to capitalize on and rarely did.

I sympathize with Mitch and what he had to go through with Nagy but this doesn't vindicate him or his ability as a starting QB. Mitch wasn't the guy. Nagy wasn't the guy. Pace wasn't the guy.

Speaking of Pace, this is just more telling to how awful he was as the overseer of this franchise. EOY he should have had meetings with every major contributor on the team and got input on how the hell their offense kept failing week after week, year after year. Another incompetent meatball tard to hold the mantle of GM.
He didn’t like confrontation…. ?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Seemed like he didn't know how/when to hold players accountable. He was that passive aggressive coach that will end up being a QB coach if/when he gets back into the NFL
I see no qualifications to be a QB coach.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Why would he even take the job, if he didn’t want Mitch?
Inexperienced guy who was probably startled and wet his pants when offered the job, only 32 of them and millions of dollars would be my guess. He probably thought holly shit I can't believe this of course YES!

Reactions: DC

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NGL, after reading this, it makes me hope Mitch gets another chance to start somewhere as slim as it is and have the late 20's early 30's career revival. It' likely won't ever happen, but it shows he wanted to put in the work and learn the offense. though if what they said is ALSO true. what I said in another topic is that Nagy wasn't a teacher. He didn't have players grow into what he even wanted them to do. It's a shame. I hope Nagy learns from his mistakes. If he is not good at teaching but coaching, hire someone to make up for the fault.+

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:

“It did bum Mitch out, but it also bummed out his teammates,” another source said. “Mitch was really liked by his teammates.” Backup quarterback Nick Foles, the former Super Bowl MVP, waited in the wings. And a week later, after Trubisky threw an ugly interception in the second half against the Falcons, Nagy benched him.

Yeah, lets kick the guy on his way out of the door! Where were these leaks when the guy was here and fully capable of defending himself?

I am glad Nagy is gone just like most of us here. But I would not be so quick to buy into these so called, "leaks". Guys come out with the knives when a guy is down. Maybe he fired some guy, chewed out another, or did not give someone the time of day that day because he was busy -- and that person never forgot about and now wants to kick the guy now that he is down. Or maybe this rumor starter (that's what it is - a rumor - because it truly not a "leak" - the guy is gone) is some guy who is a Trubisky fan boy and wants to change the narrative on Trubs and put it all on Nagy.

Either way, I am not buying it. And besides.... there are always 2 sides to every story.

I just find it extremely suspicious that these stories are now surfacing after all of these years........................

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Big Dick Nick sure seemed like he had a LOT to say, lol
Nick probably had the best game for the Bears this year offensively. That’s due to he was calling the plays. Man I saw Nick performing a lot of audibles during that game. Nick was helping Fields when he was QB2. Nick was a professional and knew this offense and Nagy were frauds. To be honest if Nagy wanted to win against Vikings. He should’ve put Foles in. Foles could run that offense. I know Foles had a Cutler “go fuck yourself Martz” moment to Nagy.

Dalton didn’t give a shit, saw Fields as a threat, and still played like shit. Nagy’s offensive is horrible. He wanted Dalton to play like Alex Smith. Problem is the talent on offense did not match the KC offense. There is no Hill, Kelce, or even a good O-line to give QB time.

Fuck Nagy Mitch was over drafted but he would’ve been better if he had good coaching. Not a franchise QB, but his ceiling is Taneyhill.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Accountability doesn't have to include shaming your teammates publicly.

Imagine an office environment where every mistake is laundry listed in front of your coworkers....

that's not teaching...its punishment.

the beatings will continue until morale improves
I think it’s kind of different in team sports. I had coaches in highschool that would call you out when the team is watching film from previous games. I think that is needed. You can kind of make it funny or other approaches but you don’t want to be called out for letting your team down so it can encourage players not to loaf or repeat mistakes bc you dont want to get called out again.

with that said, f nagy