Nagy Era Leaks

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I’m not shedding any tears for Trubisky, just being drafted third overall will net him millions for what should have been 3rd or 4th round pick. He can thank the stupidity of Ryan fucking Pace for that…
glad they’re all gone, should have been long ago…

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Fuck Nagy, but Mitch is going to be a career backup because he had the same fatal flaws in the pros that he had in college. You can just listen to Grudens draft day evaluation of him and thats who he was for the Bears after 4 years.

Nagy was arrogant enough to insist his QB be Aaron Rodgers when it was clear he actually had Marcus Mariota. Also it turns out his scheme was just as bad to build around as the QBs the Bears brought in to try and fit it.

Some of these leaks paint Nagy as a slimeball, and that's probably pretty close to who he actually is as a coach. But reading between the lines to me I wonder how the FO could be so stupid to let the Nagy+Mitch situation fester as long as it did. Competent management sees the QB not working/not living up to his draft position and the coach doing nothing to help and instead of giving Nagy an ultimatum like "fix the offense this season or find a new job" in 2020 they bring him back another year. Fuck Pace, and fuck George too.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

“It did bum Mitch out, but it also bummed out his teammates,” another source said. “Mitch was really liked by his teammates.” Backup quarterback Nick Foles, the former Super Bowl MVP, waited in the wings. And a week later, after Trubisky threw an ugly interception in the second half against the Falcons, Nagy benched him.

Mitch didn't play in London, so that first quote seems odd.

Was also the game Hicks left with an injury - which was quite impactful (rather than Mack not playing well) and of course the team got stung on Special Teams with a fake punt, that really turned the game.

I can absolutely imagine the team being bummed though - it was a game they should have easily won. But seems a strange game to pick in the context of the points he's trying to make - which seems to make them a bit less credible.

In saying all that, I've absolutely no doubt Nagy sucked at play calling - but he did seem to be generally liked by the players??

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I think it’s safe to say, Nagy won’t be getting another HC job in the NFL anytime soon. I don’t even expect him to get a OC or QB coaching job in the NFL in the near future. He’s been exposed in many ways.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
So more coming out about how bad of a coach Nagy was.

What happens if Trubisky gets a shot with another team and finds some success? As bad a coach as Nagy was, he still had a winning record here. And if it turns out it was largely the coaching that ruined Mitch just like it's done no favors for Fields, Foles or Dalton, do people re-evaulate their perspective on Pace and his (in)ability to put talent on the field that can win games?

Pace hired Nagy

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I have no idea how to keep accountability in a lockerroom. It sounds like the worst part of the job, calling out meatheads with potential brain trauma after a disappointing, tough loss.

For real though, how do you snub your QB? Even if Mitch wasnt performing well, Job #1 for him was to fix the QB position.
Sadly, there are HCs who never want a part of a QB and nothing is going to change their minds.

If HCs like Jerry Glanville can ignore and cause a Hall of Fame QB like Favre to be traded from his team, it is pretty obvious that Nagy can shit on Trubisky the same way.

Nagy was just a low-budget real estate agent who said whatever he needed to say to make the sale. Sadly, he ran into Nagy, Teddy and George who were easy to fool.

It didn't hurt that Reid pulled one over on the Bears by selling them a bill of goods to get rid of Nagy, saving face by not having to dump Nagy himself.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Can you imagine going through all that and then have Nagy go to the press conferences talking about finding the whys and all that. No wonder ARob finally checked out
Especially since he kept finding the "why" every morning when he looked in the bathroom mirror.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Accountability doesn't have to include shaming your teammates publicly.

Imagine an office environment where every mistake is laundry listed in front of your coworkers....

that's not teaching...its punishment.

the beatings will continue until morale improves
I didn’t aware office workers were professional athletes

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Also I’m surprised at the vitriol in this thread.
Pretty much everyone was pissed and done with Mitch when they looked at the tape and saw him miss wide open reads and didn’t pass to the correct receiver.

I remember many “tale of the tapes” chastising Mitch because he could execute the simplistic passing schemes.
It is my belief that Mitch was just not an alpha.

I remember his first time on the field under Fox in crunch time. He was throwing the ball all over the field, but then he got fooled by a linebacker sneaking back into coverage, getting the ball thrown right at him. Game over.

I believe that Fox ripped him a new A-hole. Right after that, Trubisky was very tentative.

He kept that tentative approach for the rest of his Bears career.

So his game was affected by wild inaccuracies, not being able to read the field and voices in his head which all caused him to have many poor performances.

Maybe with a good coach, he can gain some confidence and also learn how to be an NFL QB.

Who knows?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It is my belief that Mitch was just not an alpha.

I remember his first time on the field under Fox in crunch time. He was throwing the ball all over the field, but then he got fooled by a linebacker sneaking back into coverage, getting the ball thrown right at him. Game over.

I believe that Fox ripped him a new A-hole. Right after that, Trubisky was very tentative.

He kept that tentative approach for the rest of his Bears career.

So his game was affected by wild inaccuracies, not being able to read the field and voices in his head which all caused him to have many poor performances.

Maybe with a good coach, he can gain some confidence and also learn how to be an NFL QB.

Who knows?
He was setting the world on fire holding coffee in Buffalo I hear

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:

“It did bum Mitch out, but it also bummed out his teammates,” another source said. “Mitch was really liked by his teammates.” Backup quarterback Nick Foles, the former Super Bowl MVP, waited in the wings. And a week later, after Trubisky threw an ugly interception in the second half against the Falcons, Nagy benched him.

Here's what we know about Nagy:

1) Something was off with his play calling. It didn't make sense for long stretches.
2) Nagy was hesitant to give up play calling duties. He seemed more interested in managing details than be a leader.
3) Often times he blamed execution on poor performance
4) Nick Foles didn't like Nagy's offense
5) Nagy's press conferences were obtuse and repetitive.

All this points to someone who is deeply flawed but knows how to work the cracks in a system and get promoted until they're finally exposed. I could easily see Ryan Pace moving on to get another job because his one mistake was sticking by his head coach. But Nagy... I would be surprised if he doesn't get a decent coaching gig for some time now.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not surprising that a terrible coach is doing terrible coach shit. Ive hated Nagy since I realized he's that lethal combination of a narcissist and a dumb fuck.

I'm glad he and Pace are gone. I hope Bill Polian still has enough football sense to pick the right GM.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's funny I've been saying this for months. no Likes, no Dislikes, no Harolds. just nothing. like I'm a fucking asshole. well who's the fucking asshole now? I would say Matt Nagy, but I would probably have to say the rest of you for not seeing the obvious problems with this BHVSKAHASJFHA clown.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
it's funny I've been saying this for months. no Likes, no Dislikes, no Harolds. just nothing. like I'm a fucking asshole. well who's the fucking asshole now? I would say Matt Nagy, but I would probably have to say the rest of you for not seeing the obvious problems with this BHVSKAHASJFHA clown.
Who is this guy?