My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Mitch didn't play in London, so that first quote seems odd.

Was also the game Hicks left with an injury - which was quite impactful (rather than Mack not playing well) and of course the team got stung on Special Teams with a fake punt, that really turned the game.

I can absolutely imagine the team being bummed though - it was a game they should have easily won. But seems a strange game to pick in the context of the points he's trying to make - which seems to make them a bit less credible.

In saying all that, I've absolutely no doubt Nagy sucked at play calling - but he did seem to be generally liked by the players??
Diff takes. London game was calling out Mack and D. The Trubisky quote was Detroit game prior to the Flacons game where Nick took over.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch Trubisky was overdrafted and Matt Nagy* was overhired by Ryan Pace, who was overhired by numbnuts George following the advice of Ernie Accorsi, a .500 career GM, who was recommended by George’s loser NYG owner-friends, who may have been sabotaging the Bears or legitimately trying to help. Bill Polian and crossed fingers are our only hope.

*Possibly insane as he kept trying, over and over, the same losing things expecting to win. Or just a dumb fuck.

Last edited:

Joker85

Liked Posts:
The most important things this confirms are that:

A. He was indeed well on the path to ruining Fields, incapable of actually developing him, and would have soon turned on him as the latest excuse for his failing career. Whatever we thought we saw from the outside, it was actually worse.

B. The Bears were right to fire him before he could (hopefully) do any permanent damage to JF.

C. Pace either knew all this and didn't care when he retained Nagy for one more year, or was so out of touch he didn't know. Either way, he had to go to.

It's kind of funny, without both of them we probably don't have JF. And yet, now that we do have him, they certainly couldn't be trusted with such a valuable prize. I'm genuinely excited to see what he can do without an inept manchild and his clueless enabler stifling him.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Reading that article really makes me think if Andy Dalton didn't get hurt, Nagy wouldn't have played Fields at all this season. I don't think he had a plan on how to use him nor ever actually bothered at all to look into how to use him until it was thrust upon him because of the injury. It seemed like Dalton was Nagy's plan A, B and C and he was going to "run his offense" come hell or high water.

Other interesting thing to me is the story about Lazor taking over play-calling, the Bears win 4 games in a row with 30+ pts and then only muster 9 points against the Saints with speculation that Nagy went from being hands off to being hands on for the playoffs. It would not surprise me one bit because there were times this season that it seemed like Nagy's fingerprints were all over the play calling even if Lazor was supposedly the one calling the plays. Regardless, I am glad he's gone.

I disagree with any coach or manager/executive that thinks they gotta be an asshole just to be an asshole for people to be successful. For me, the more you insult or embarrass me, the less buy in you'd be getting from me. You can challenge me to do better, tell me what I did wrong and what I need to do to be better, that's fine and fair game. But saying "you're un-coachable" in front of teammates/coworkers would make me, the player, feel like shit and torpedo my confidence. If I saw that happen to a teammate, I'd immediately lose all respect and desire to work for that coach/manager.

The best coaches and managers I've had in life were the ones that would get on you to fix x, y or z but were also willing to take the time to coach you up on how to do better. Maybe I had a bad play or possession, the coach would say here's what you did right, here's what you did wrong, now let's eliminate the wrong and go get it done. Nagy did not come across as someone that realized he needed to actually coach his players up and that they were just finished products. I say that by the way he didn't give Fields any reps until Dalton got hurt and did exactly nothing to help his new QB out against Cleveland.

Anyways, just my two cents.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'm waiting for all the leaks about all the fake injuries and Covid sicknesses the team forced players to pretend they had or were dealing with.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me, here's how I sum up Matt BroChop Nagy:

He watched Andy Reid lead a team and thought it was easy. Never really invested the time in learning how to adapt to his players/talent and clearly can't command the clock and his game management was abhorrent. He can literally be all those terrible things we've observed and long suspected.

He thought if it wasn't Mitchell, he could replace him with any bumpkin with a brain. Then it happened again. Three years it takes. Over and over. How could this be? He's smarter than Andy Reid and "works harder" than him. It's not me. No way. Never.

Nothing worse than a stubborn idiot. We should know, as our beloved forum has many of them.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Mitch Trubisky was overdrafted and Matt Nagy* was overhired by Ryan Pace, who was overhired by numbnuts George following the advice of Ernie Accorsi, a .500 career GM, who was recommended by George’s loser NYG owner-friends, who may have been sabotaging the Bears or legitimately trying to help. Bill Polian and crossed fingers are our only hope.

*Possibly insane as he kept trying, over and over, the same losing things expecting to win. Or just a dumb fuck.
Dumbfuck is good….but prefer egomaniacal asshole..

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

MadBearsFan

Liked Posts:

“It did bum Mitch out, but it also bummed out his teammates,” another source said. “Mitch was really liked by his teammates.” Backup quarterback Nick Foles, the former Super Bowl MVP, waited in the wings. And a week later, after Trubisky threw an ugly interception in the second half against the Falcons, Nagy benched him.

Nobody cares about Illwill lmao ? why post stuff from nobody Twitter people? Chicago beat writers yeah

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Nobody cares about Illwill lmao ? why post stuff from nobody Twitter people? Chicago beat writers yeah
He had retweeted it and it was the first I could find, chill lol

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
told you boys like 3 years ago Nagy is fraudulent AF, but y'all just had to bash Mitchell, (i did a but too) Hating on a dude whom didn't have a fucking chance with that fraud, that same fraud almost ruin Justin too and nearly costed Dalton a leg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Myk

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
who's talking? Foles? Hicks?

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Nagy broke his spirits and morale. I hope he lands a starting job again somewhere and does well.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The most important things this confirms are that:

A. He was indeed well on the path to ruining Fields, incapable of actually developing him, and would have soon turned on him as the latest excuse for his failing career. Whatever we thought we saw from the outside, it was actually worse.

B. The Bears were right to fire him before he could (hopefully) do any permanent damage to JF.

C. Pace either knew all this and didn't care when he retained Nagy for one more year, or was so out of touch he didn't know. Either way, he had to go to.

It's kind of funny, without both of them we probably don't have JF. And yet, now that we do have him, they certainly couldn't be trusted with such a valuable prize. I'm genuinely excited to see what he can do without an inept manchild and his clueless enabler stifling him.

Rumors had it early this season that Nagy didnt like where justin was at as far as being actual NFL ready....what a clown.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Could not understand when people were all saying how nice of guy he is.
I always thought he was bit creepy.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ok but did he want Trubisky’s Camry from the get go?
Mitchell was a Pace pick while Fox was still here, Nagy promised to develop Mitchell for the job./
I regret bashing Mitchell a bit but not all of it.