Nagy Era Leaks

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The correct judgement of the Bears last season was that Mitch was a flawed quarterback who wasn’t being used/developed properly. Neither he nor Nagy were the long term answer.

From the outside looking in, I understand why they retained Pace and Nagy after a COVID disrupted season.

I don’t understand how they let Nagy continue with Fields this season when it was obvious Nagy didn’t have a clue.

Management prolonged an ugly situation and stunted the developement of another young QB by not firing Nagy mid season.

That was the final nail in the coffin for Pace to me. At some point, you have to correct mistakes.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
How the hell does a head coach, who calls the plays, go 5 months without talking to one of their 2 best offensive players?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What gets me is we knew Foles told Nagy what he thought. Now we know Trubisky told him the same thing. Probably safe to assume the other 2 QBs said it too.
In Nagy's eyes everyone is wrong except him.
The fact that he had the record he had with the problems we fans saw tells me this team could've gone places if Nagy would've listened to anyone.

My guess is things will continue to leak until the jobs are filled in an effort to remind GMs not to hire the dumbass.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t see anything shocking in these reports. Turbisky was a bad QB. NFL coaches are going to be on you if you suck at your job. Go read up on how Sean McVay treated Jared Goff. He humiliated him at every opportunity. That’s NFL coaching.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you don’t correct mistakes, you will continue to make mistakes, period

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
I don’t see anything shocking in these reports. Turbisky was a bad QB. NFL coaches are going to be on you if you suck at your job. Go read up on how Sean McVay treated Jared Goff. He humiliated him at every opportunity. That’s NFL coaching.
wrong

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

“It did bum Mitch out, but it also bummed out his teammates,” another source said. “Mitch was really liked by his teammates.” Backup quarterback Nick Foles, the former Super Bowl MVP, waited in the wings. And a week later, after Trubisky threw an ugly interception in the second half against the Falcons, Nagy benched him.

I need access to that article

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Did you not read or are you a fan of bad coaches?
Sounded to me like that was when Nagy lost the team.

Maybe the team didn't like Goff. Maybe the team thought Mitch was a soy boy and couldn't take it. But the fact is when the article says coaches call out players all the time, but this was different, Nagy fucked up.

Maybe Nagy ran Mitch out of town, maybe the team then ran Nagy out of town to return the favor.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mitch lacks Fields arm talent, mind, and resilience. At least Fields describes his responsibilities on a play to reporters. It’s not Fields fault that play calling was shit. Nagy was exposed by Foles last year. Foles is a true professional QB. He is good for Fields.

Fields will be ok. He is a smart kids who learned the speed of the game. Now with good coaching and time with his teammates, we will see development.

Pace should’ve said no to Dalton. This is why Pace needed to be fired. He should’ve said I gave up a 4th rounder for Foles, deal with it.

That 10 million could’ve gotten a CB2, C or WR.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Up to that point Nagy thought it was all Mitch and he was still the Offensive Guru. Now we all know that is not the case (even Nagy).

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I need access to that article
It is a doozy. Even more tidbits. Essentially Nagy lost portions of the locker room throughout the year as well.

I signed up for the Athletic when they had a deal, I think they may have one going again but it is super cheap.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it’s kind of different in team sports. I had coaches in highschool that would call you out when the team is watching film from previous games. I think that is needed. You can kind of make it funny or other approaches but you don’t want to be called out for letting your team down so it can encourage players not to loaf or repeat mistakes bc you dont want to get called out again.

with that said, f nagy
I agree, there is a correct way to do it in public settings. But done unprofessionally can destroy a team.