Nagy Era Leaks

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It is a doozy. Even more tidbits. Essentially Nagy lost portions of the locker room throughout the year as well.

I signed up for the Athletic when they had a deal, I think they may have one going again but it is super cheap.
Give us points of the article dayday

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I remember Wilbon saying like 2 years ago that Nagy did very little in the ways of developing Mitch and didn’t really help or coach him up at all. I’m not sure how he stuck around for so long. He was truly terrible in every single facet of coaching. Every. One.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Mitch lacks Fields arm talent, mind, and resilience. At least Fields describes his responsibilities on a play to reporters. It’s not Fields fault that play calling was shit. Nagy was exposed by Foles last year. Foles is a true professional QB. He is good for Fields.

Fields will be ok. He is a smart kids who learned the speed of the game. Now with good coaching and time with his teammates, we will see development.

Pace should’ve said no to Dalton. This is why Pace needed to be fired. He should’ve said I gave up a 4th rounder for Foles, deal with it.

That 10 million could’ve gotten a CB2, C or WR.

This is at least the 4th time I’ve seen this about signing Dalton. You guys completely spin what happened. They whiffed on Watson and Wilson. They then signed Dalton because Foles was the only guy they had. They had also been trying to trade Foles. Everybody thought he was done in Chicago so this idea that we were cool with hanging onto Foles is bs. Everybody wanted Foles gone and everybody thought he would probably get traded. The draft also hadn’t happened. So they didn’t have Fields. They also gave Dalton backup money. It was obvious they were going to draft a guy. They have to have something at the QB position though. Not just a rookie they haven’t even drafted yet and that’s it. They needed a body who could potentially play after whiffing on Watson and Wilson and Dalton was about all that was left. Dalton was essentially a replacement for Foles who it felt like would be gone. The Bears never got what they wanted for Foles and just ended up keeping him. And now people are like “Why didn’t they just keep Foles?” Because everybody wanted Foles gone. They were trying to trade him. And people are also now like “They brought in Dalton to be the guy.” They did not bring in Dalton to be the guy. They took a flier on him after having almost no other options and gave him backup money to be the stop gap for whatever rookie they drafted.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the top this team makes every predictable mistake, whether it's by copy-catting or over-correcting. They want an offensive innovator so they get Trestman, which ends in disaster. So they go get Fox to stabilize the situation, which leaves them out of sync with the league. So the pendulum swings back and they get another offensive wunderkind in Nagy. Lather rinse repeat.

McKaskey's press conference was painful and humiliating, and entirely predictable. The Bears just stumble along reacting, paying consultants to make football decisions, caricature team owners from a Hollywood B movie. No one in power is actually taking charge or thinking. JF will have to be one very resilient young man to not end up traumatized and wasted.

As much as I hate the mad rush to build shiny new publicly financed stadiums, if moving to Arlington is part of a plan to sell to new owners then I'm all for it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I might need a min lol it is a long article with lots of terrible, terrible things.
Just put the worst in your opinion so I can hate him more

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So more coming out about how bad of a coach Nagy was.

What happens if Trubisky gets a shot with another team and finds some success? As bad a coach as Nagy was, he still had a winning record here. And if it turns out it was largely the coaching that ruined Mitch just like it's done no favors for Fields, Foles or Dalton, do people re-evaulate their perspective on Pace and his (in)ability to put talent on the field that can win games?
What if Trubisky comes back to Chicago as part of hiring Daboll and wins the starting job over Fields out of training camp?
mindblown.gif

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
At the top this team makes every predictable mistake, whether it's by copy-catting or over-correcting. They want an offensive innovator so they get Trestman, which ends in disaster. So they go get Fox to stabilize the situation, which leaves them out of sync with the league. So the pendulum swings back and they get another offensive wunderkind in Nagy. Lather rinse repeat.

McKaskey's press conference was painful and humiliating, and entirely predictable. The Bears just stumble along reacting, paying consultants to make football decisions, caricature team owners from a Hollywood B movie. No one in power is actually taking charge or thinking. JF will have to be one very resilient young man to not end up traumatized and wasted.

As much as I hate the mad rush to build shiny new publicly financed stadiums, if moving to Arlington is part of a plan to sell to new owners then I'm all for it.
I felt the same way about the press conference. I am tired of the arrogance and refusal to admit past mistakes. I have lost any confidence in the ability of these people to get things right. Rinse and repeat.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
This is at least the 4th time I’ve seen this about signing Dalton. You guys completely spin what happened. They whiffed on Watson and Wilson. They then signed Dalton because Foles was the only guy they had. They had also been trying to trade Foles. Everybody thought he was done in Chicago so this idea that we were cool with hanging onto Foles is bs. Everybody wanted Foles gone and everybody thought he would probably get traded. The draft also hadn’t happened. So they didn’t have Fields. They also gave Dalton backup money. It was obvious they were going to draft a guy. They have to have something at the QB position though. Not just a rookie they haven’t even drafted yet and that’s it. They needed a body who could potentially play after whiffing on Watson and Wilson and Dalton was about all that was left. Dalton was essentially a replacement for Foles who it felt like would be gone. The Bears never got what they wanted for Foles and just ended up keeping him. And now people are like “Why didn’t they just keep Foles?” Because everybody wanted Foles gone. They were trying to trade him. And people are also now like “They brought in Dalton to be the guy.” They did not bring in Dalton to be the guy. They took a flier on him after having almost no other options and gave him backup money to be the stop gap for whatever rookie they drafted.

You basically said the same thing everyone else has been saying except its in a long ass paragraph

The Bears could've just kept Foles and let Foles be the stop gap for whatever qb they were gonna draft considering he knew the system already .

I would bet money Pace didnt want Foles gone because all it does is create 2017 all over again . You bring in a veteran qb from outside to the system and then task him whim with not only learning your system, but also helping the rookie qb learn it which is ridiculous when you have someone who already know it on the roster.

Nagy didnt want Foles because he realized Foles knew the principles of the system well which he learned from Reid himself and wanted to have a say in the offense which Nagy wasn't down with .

Look at Foles comments from a few weeks ago

“I never requested a trade,” Foles said. “If a team wanted to trade for me, I would look at it, but I just made it clear—The team was great. They were like, if there’s a team you want to go to, then we can talk, and if there’s a team you don’t want to go to, then we’re not gonna do it.

“I mean, teams were wanting to trade. It’s a crazy business and we were banged up and fortunately, I’m glad I got to spend this year with my teammates in Chicago.”
Now look at what Foles said back in August

“Is aspiring to be a three what I want?” Foles said during training camp. “No, it’s not. I’ve shown what I can do. I’ve shown it in the right situation. A player wants to be in the right situation where he’s running what he wants to run and doing it the way he wants to do it, in complements to the coaching staff.

Dalton is here because Nagy knew that Foles wanted a bigger say in how the offense was gonna be run and Nagy was just looking for someone to run it his way with little input which is why Dalton was brought in and thats exactly what Dalton did .

By going down the path they did with Dalton they reset the entire offense again and went right back down the same path as 2017.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy couldn't develop a Polaroid. He was a glorified quarterbacks coach. I like how you guys are calling him a fraud, it's the truth. I will be surprised if Nagy ever gets another HC opportunity.

Who knows how good Mitch is? I'll never forget the brilliant pass he threw to get the Bears into position for the double-doink. What was it 20-25 yards down the right hash, on a dime, with everything on the line? He also led 10-15 touchdown drives in the Bills Bears PS game in 2021, not sure of the actual number. Wouldn't be surprised if Mitch someday gets an opportunity and runs with it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy couldn't develop a Polaroid. He was a glorified quarterbacks coach. I like how you guys are calling him a fraud, it's the truth. I will be surprised if Nagy ever gets another HC opportunity.

Who knows how good Mitch is? I'll never forget the brilliant pass he threw to get the Bears into position for the double-doink. What was it 20-25 yards down the right hash, on a dime, with everything on the line? He also led 10-15 touchdown drives in the Bills Bears PS game in 2021, not sure of the actual number. Wouldn't be surprised if Mitch someday gets an opportunity and runs with it.
This made me laugh

RumourBoy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
That's why you don't overpay for a head coach who had the pleasure of working with arguably the best QB in the league, was it him or the QB, now we know.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I remember thinking "Okay, they fucked up with Trestman and learned their lesson, surely."

They gonna hire a vet coach, fire him, then hire another Nagy-Trestman.

Best we can hope is Ginny croaks before they get to the next one and we waste another 4 years on building the why's of the man.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
And people are also now like “They brought in Dalton to be the guy.” They did not bring in Dalton to be the guy. They took a flier on him after having almost no other options and gave him backup money to be the stop gap for whatever rookie they drafted.
This is the tweet from 7 days after announcing the signing. They absolutely did bring in Dalton to be the guy or they wouldn't have their social media team tweeting out that he's the guy on March 24th.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
@PrideisBears here you go homie:

Nagy was mad at a 12 yard pass from Mitch because he didn’t go through his progressions the way he wanted him to and he missed an open Allen after a DB slipped, so he threw him under the bus in front of the team which was a downer for Mitch and his teammates.

He called out the OL and defense in the Raiders London game, including Mack. It didn’t sit well with defenders since they were responsible for most of the wins and his offense was shit lol.

Lots on Teddy and George messing shit up. Lovies last year was pushed on Emery, players wanted him back and did all they could. He brought in Trestman and Tucker vs Arians and Bowles. They made Tucker run Lovies defense vs his own (he and the staff were not familiar with it), so players had to try to teach others and there was just a ton of confusion. Arians thought he could make Cutler thrive and thought he got the gig. What could have been with him and Bowles.

Thank Emery for the Urlacher debacle, he wanted to play longer.

They also made Angelo keep Jauron for two years and Ernie and team pretty much made it clear that Pace should pick Fox, Pace wanted Bowles.

In terms of Pace over Ballard: “That thing stunk,” a former employee said. “It’s a good ol’ boy thing. Ryan Pace was a recommendation from (Saints GM) Mickey Loomis. Loomis and Ted are tight. (Saints coach) Sean Payton wanted Pace to be GM. Accorsi and Payton are connected. There was a reason Pace interviewed last.”

Also a funny note is Pace wanted Wentz and he wanted to move away from Fox which is why he was not involved with Trubisky. Fox and Fangio wanted Jamal Adams.

“Why the fuck does John Fox need to know anything?” a source said. “He’s a lame duck. Everyone knew that.”

After two seasons it became apparent that the arranged marriage was headed for a rocky end. Fox didn’t match the energy of Pace or his younger staff members. One person familiar with Fox’s style suggested he was just “going through the motions.” He seemed tuned out in meetings, and there was friction with defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

Nagy did not want Mitch from day 1, even though he was brought here for that. The Packers game in 2019, week 1 was the oh shit moment.

Nagy ghosted Mitch at the end of 2019 when Mitch wanted to discuss next steps and how they fix this.

Nagy tried to make his quarterback something that he wasn’t. “Matt understands that public perception,” a former Bears player said. “If his quarterback isn’t doing what he wants, what he sees in his dreams, it’s going to be a tough dynamic, and it’s going to reflect poorly on him and his staff.”

Trubisky struggled with deep ball accuracy and field processing. HOWEVER:
Trubisky came equipped with plays he wanted to run. In the past, Trubisky’s concerns had been shrugged off — he had been wanting to get running back David Montgomery and Kmet more involved — but now the coaches listened. (After the losing streak with Foles)

“(Trubisky would) be in the middle of camp and be like, ‘Guys, none of this stuff is working,’ or he’d be pointing out the problems with the offense, and he’d be getting this, ‘Oh, no, man. Don’t worry at all. It’ll all come together. Have faith. Trust the process,'” a source said. “And then it gets to the season and we have all those problems happen.” Nagy and team only started listening when he was out back in the lineup after the Foles debacle, where the team went on a little scoring run against bad defenses.

As most thought, Nagy took over for that Saints playoff game…

The team went after a Wentz trade and then a Wilson trade. Lastly settling on Dalton. Nagy wanted him way more than Pace. Nagy wanted the KC blueprint all season, treat Fields like Mahomes.

They shot themselves in the foot when they decided to go with Dalton, especially after the Dolphins preseason game,” one source said. “This (city) wants the kid to play.”

They set Fields up to fail. He didn’t have a rapport with Robinson or other teammates and Nagy’s offense lacked and identity. He didn’t do a good job explaining why some progression or steps were needed which in all likelihood made Fields lose respect for him. Also this:

Some sources suggested that Nagy was hired as a head coach too early in his career, that he needed more time calling plays in Kansas City and more seasoning overall. Walkthroughs were “a mess,” a source said, and the lack of accountability at Halas Hall showed up in penalties during games. Nagy connected well with some players, while his grip on others faded as the losses mounted and fingers pointed. Nagy tried to assert himself. Players were fined more this season than in the previous three.

The Bears have struggled to get the HC, GM, QB dynamic right and the article finishes with:

“The decisions made under McCaskey’s watch have resulted in 13 starting quarterbacks and zero playoff wins over 11 seasons.

“It all starts with the McCaskeys,” a team source said. “It starts with George.””