Nagy Era Leaks

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
@PrideisBears here you go homie:

Nagy was mad at a 12 yard pass from Mitch because he didn’t go through his progressions the way he wanted him to and he missed an open Allen after a DB slipped, so he threw him under the bus in front of the team which was a downer for Mitch and his teammates.

He called out the OL and defense in the Raiders London game, including Mack. It didn’t sit well with defenders since they were responsible for most of the wins and his offense was shit lol.

Lots on Teddy and George messing shit up. Lovies last year was pushed on Emery, players wanted him back and did all they could. He brought in Trestman and Tucker vs Arians and Bowles. They made Tucker run Lovies defense vs his own (he and the staff were not familiar with it), so players had to try to teach others and there was just a ton of confusion. Arians thought he could make Cutler thrive and thought he got the gig. What could have been with him and Bowles.

Thank Emery for the Urlacher debacle, he wanted to play longer.

They also made Angelo keep Jauron for two years and Ernie and team pretty much made it clear that Pace should pick Fox, Pace wanted Bowles.

In terms of Pace over Ballard: “That thing stunk,” a former employee said. “It’s a good ol’ boy thing. Ryan Pace was a recommendation from (Saints GM) Mickey Loomis. Loomis and Ted are tight. (Saints coach) Sean Payton wanted Pace to be GM. Accorsi and Payton are connected. There was a reason Pace interviewed last.”

Also a funny note is Pace wanted Wentz and he wanted to move away from Fox which is why he was not involved with Trubisky. Fox and Fangio wanted Jamal Adams.

“Why the fuck does John Fox need to know anything?” a source said. “He’s a lame duck. Everyone knew that.”

After two seasons it became apparent that the arranged marriage was headed for a rocky end. Fox didn’t match the energy of Pace or his younger staff members. One person familiar with Fox’s style suggested he was just “going through the motions.” He seemed tuned out in meetings, and there was friction with defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

Nagy did not want Mitch from day 1, even though he was brought here for that. The Packers game in 2019, week 1 was the oh shit moment.

Nagy ghosted Mitch at the end of 2019 when Mitch wanted to discuss next steps and how they fix this.

Nagy tried to make his quarterback something that he wasn’t. “Matt understands that public perception,” a former Bears player said. “If his quarterback isn’t doing what he wants, what he sees in his dreams, it’s going to be a tough dynamic, and it’s going to reflect poorly on him and his staff.”

Trubisky struggled with deep ball accuracy and field processing. HOWEVER:
Trubisky came equipped with plays he wanted to run. In the past, Trubisky’s concerns had been shrugged off — he had been wanting to get running back David Montgomery and Kmet more involved — but now the coaches listened. (After the losing streak with Foles)

“(Trubisky would) be in the middle of camp and be like, ‘Guys, none of this stuff is working,’ or he’d be pointing out the problems with the offense, and he’d be getting this, ‘Oh, no, man. Don’t worry at all. It’ll all come together. Have faith. Trust the process,'” a source said. “And then it gets to the season and we have all those problems happen.” Nagy and team only started listening when he was out back in the lineup after the Foles debacle, where the team went on a little scoring run against bad defenses.

As most thought, Nagy took over for that Saints playoff game…

The team went after a Wentz trade and then a Wilson trade. Lastly settling on Dalton. Nagy wanted him way more than Pace. Nagy wanted the KC blueprint all season, treat Fields like Mahomes.

They shot themselves in the foot when they decided to go with Dalton, especially after the Dolphins preseason game,” one source said. “This (city) wants the kid to play.”

They set Fields up to fail. He didn’t have a rapport with Robinson or other teammates and Nagy’s offense lacked and identity. He didn’t do a good job explaining why some progression or steps were needed which in all likelihood made Fields lose respect for him. Also this:

Some sources suggested that Nagy was hired as a head coach too early in his career, that he needed more time calling plays in Kansas City and more seasoning overall. Walkthroughs were “a mess,” a source said, and the lack of accountability at Halas Hall showed up in penalties during games. Nagy connected well with some players, while his grip on others faded as the losses mounted and fingers pointed. Nagy tried to assert himself. Players were fined more this season than in the previous three.

The Bears have struggled to get the HC, GM, QB dynamic right and the article finishes with:

“The decisions made under McCaskey’s watch have resulted in 13 starting quarterbacks and zero playoff wins over 11 seasons.

“It all starts with the McCaskeys,” a team source said. “It starts with George.””
The direction of a team is always guided by leadership. That is true of most work environments. The McCasky's continue their method of hiring and hoping it all works out. They don't seem to think they are the underlying issue.

As far as Nagy goes, its pretty obvious he mismanaged this team. He didn't know what he was doing and his leadership was superficial and not evenly distributed.

While Trubisky was not worthy of the overall 2nd pick (that's on Pace), he seemed to be the lightning rod for what turned out to be primarily bad head coaching decisions.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
The direction of a team is always guided by leadership. That is true of most work environments. The McCasky's continue their method of hiring and hoping it all works out. They don't seem to think they are the underlying issue.

As far as Nagy goes, its pretty obvious he mismanaged this team. He didn't know what he was doing and his leadership was superficial and not evenly distributed.

While Trubisky was not worthy of the overall 2nd pick (that's on Pace), he seemed to be the lightning rod for what turned out to be primarily bad head coaching decisions.
Baffling to be around football this long and to be a complete idiot around these matters.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Baffling to be around football this long and to be a complete idiot around these matters.
The story about Trubisky having to correct the ship on play calling and then finally going on a tear is pretty damning of Nagy's ignorance.

Game after game of mistakes and penalties is a universal signal of shitty coaching as well.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@PrideisBears here you go homie:

Nagy was mad at a 12 yard pass from Mitch because he didn’t go through his progressions the way he wanted him to and he missed an open Allen after a DB slipped, so he threw him under the bus in front of the team which was a downer for Mitch and his teammates.

He called out the OL and defense in the Raiders London game, including Mack. It didn’t sit well with defenders since they were responsible for most of the wins and his offense was shit lol.

Lots on Teddy and George messing shit up. Lovies last year was pushed on Emery, players wanted him back and did all they could. He brought in Trestman and Tucker vs Arians and Bowles. They made Tucker run Lovies defense vs his own (he and the staff were not familiar with it), so players had to try to teach others and there was just a ton of confusion. Arians thought he could make Cutler thrive and thought he got the gig. What could have been with him and Bowles.

Thank Emery for the Urlacher debacle, he wanted to play longer.

They also made Angelo keep Jauron for two years and Ernie and team pretty much made it clear that Pace should pick Fox, Pace wanted Bowles.

In terms of Pace over Ballard: “That thing stunk,” a former employee said. “It’s a good ol’ boy thing. Ryan Pace was a recommendation from (Saints GM) Mickey Loomis. Loomis and Ted are tight. (Saints coach) Sean Payton wanted Pace to be GM. Accorsi and Payton are connected. There was a reason Pace interviewed last.”

Also a funny note is Pace wanted Wentz and he wanted to move away from Fox which is why he was not involved with Trubisky. Fox and Fangio wanted Jamal Adams.

“Why the fuck does John Fox need to know anything?” a source said. “He’s a lame duck. Everyone knew that.”

After two seasons it became apparent that the arranged marriage was headed for a rocky end. Fox didn’t match the energy of Pace or his younger staff members. One person familiar with Fox’s style suggested he was just “going through the motions.” He seemed tuned out in meetings, and there was friction with defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

Nagy did not want Mitch from day 1, even though he was brought here for that. The Packers game in 2019, week 1 was the oh shit moment.

Nagy ghosted Mitch at the end of 2019 when Mitch wanted to discuss next steps and how they fix this.

Nagy tried to make his quarterback something that he wasn’t. “Matt understands that public perception,” a former Bears player said. “If his quarterback isn’t doing what he wants, what he sees in his dreams, it’s going to be a tough dynamic, and it’s going to reflect poorly on him and his staff.”

Trubisky struggled with deep ball accuracy and field processing. HOWEVER:
Trubisky came equipped with plays he wanted to run. In the past, Trubisky’s concerns had been shrugged off — he had been wanting to get running back David Montgomery and Kmet more involved — but now the coaches listened. (After the losing streak with Foles)

“(Trubisky would) be in the middle of camp and be like, ‘Guys, none of this stuff is working,’ or he’d be pointing out the problems with the offense, and he’d be getting this, ‘Oh, no, man. Don’t worry at all. It’ll all come together. Have faith. Trust the process,'” a source said. “And then it gets to the season and we have all those problems happen.” Nagy and team only started listening when he was out back in the lineup after the Foles debacle, where the team went on a little scoring run against bad defenses.

As most thought, Nagy took over for that Saints playoff game…

The team went after a Wentz trade and then a Wilson trade. Lastly settling on Dalton. Nagy wanted him way more than Pace. Nagy wanted the KC blueprint all season, treat Fields like Mahomes.

They shot themselves in the foot when they decided to go with Dalton, especially after the Dolphins preseason game,” one source said. “This (city) wants the kid to play.”

They set Fields up to fail. He didn’t have a rapport with Robinson or other teammates and Nagy’s offense lacked and identity. He didn’t do a good job explaining why some progression or steps were needed which in all likelihood made Fields lose respect for him. Also this:

Some sources suggested that Nagy was hired as a head coach too early in his career, that he needed more time calling plays in Kansas City and more seasoning overall. Walkthroughs were “a mess,” a source said, and the lack of accountability at Halas Hall showed up in penalties during games. Nagy connected well with some players, while his grip on others faded as the losses mounted and fingers pointed. Nagy tried to assert himself. Players were fined more this season than in the previous three.

The Bears have struggled to get the HC, GM, QB dynamic right and the article finishes with:

“The decisions made under McCaskey’s watch have resulted in 13 starting quarterbacks and zero playoff wins over 11 seasons.

“It all starts with the McCaskeys,” a team source said. “It starts with George.””
Thanks bro. Fuck Nagy

This whole organization is a fucking mess

Last edited:

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
George Halas hated Virginias husband and didn’t want any of them getting their hands on the team. The plan was always for Mugs to take over and he was being groomed for it. His sudden death threw all of that out the window and left Virginia, with zero preparation, to try to maintain the bears in the family. I’m sure George didn’t let any of the mccaskeys near the team.
it also gives us some hope that this disinterested bunch will sell the team once she passes on, or at least make them minority owners…

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s painfully obvious that the offense did succeed under all our QBs when they themselves played to their strengths. When Nagy’s offense is completely removed Mitch and Fields thrived.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s painfully obvious that the offense did succeed under all our QBs when they themselves played to their strengths. When Nagy’s offense is completely removed Mitch and Fields thrived.
Some of us have been saying this since year two of Nagy. 90% caught on by year three. It was pretty obvious Nagy does not know how to manage his X and O style based on his personnel. He may be a smart guy, but there are a lot of smart unsuccessful people in the world who never learn to adapt.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Some of us have been saying this since year two of Nagy. 90% caught on by year three. It was pretty obvious Nagy does not know how to manage his X and O style based on his personnel. He may be a smart guy, but there are a lot of smart unsuccessful people in the world who never learn to adapt.
A lot of the talking heads, some ex QBs, said his play calling looked like he threw a bunch of random plays in a hat and drew them out….

Reactions: DC

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
A lot of the talking heads, some ex QBs, said his play calling looked like he threw a bunch of random plays in a hat and drew them out….
Santa’s sleigh tho

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I literally does. Treating people like dirt in front of their co-workers affects everyone.
No it literally doesn’t. I’m not going to cry over a millionaire getting his feelings hurt.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I think this truly shows the ego and arrogance of Nagy. Nice guy it seems off the field, but a blabbering baboon during press conferences to cover his weaknesses as a leader. He should be ashamed for disregarding Mitch. He had his limitations as a QB but to treat him like that should have been a fireable offense vs. letting him try again with Fields.

weaponx24

DA BEARS!
Liked Posts:
While the stuff between Nagy and Mitch is surprising and unfortunate, Mitch still struggled with his accuracy, and going through the progressions. Nagy failed because he wouldn’t tailor his offense to Mitch. Oil and water. Let’s hope whoever comes in can work with Justin and tailor it to his strengths.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Just a reminder with the Nagy stuff that Mitch wasn’t it either lol

Still could be Nagy. 32 seconds before the half. Tied game. 1st down in the red.

I don't know when that was but Trubisky could've learned from experience with Nagy by then that that is not a lot of time left to play. Nagy could've failed to teach him that that is plenty of time not only for the Bears to score but for the other team to tie it back up. If a QB doesn't throw away I'm leaning towards nobody drilling it into them to throw away, especially when it's not a QB I'd expect to have too much faith in their arm.
Cutler or Favre I could see many of their ints being on their belief in their arm or their WRs ability to win. But Trubisky? Nothing about his career tells me he has an inflated ego, deserved or not. Legs maybe, but not his arm.

If I'm remembering right there was a lot of that failure to teach time management to a lot of players all over the field. Defense pushing players out of bounds when they should've been trying to kill the clock, RBs running out when they should've been trying to kill the clock. And Nagy's own clock mismanagement tells me he wasn't able to teach it to others when he didn't grasp it himself.

I'm not saying Trubisky didn't have a lot of bad decisions/throws but that particular one still could've been on Nagy being a bad HC.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Still could be Nagy. 32 seconds before the half. Tied game. 1st down in the red.

I don't know when that was but Trubisky could've learned from experience with Nagy by then that that is not a lot of time left to play. Nagy could've failed to teach him that that is plenty of time not only for the Bears to score but for the other team to tie it back up. If a QB doesn't throw away I'm leaning towards nobody drilling it into them to throw away, especially when it's not a QB I'd expect to have too much faith in their arm.
Cutler or Favre I could see many of their ints being on their belief in their arm or their WRs ability to win. But Trubisky? Nothing about his career tells me he has an inflated ego, deserved or not. Legs maybe, but not his arm.

If I'm remembering right there was a lot of that failure to teach time management to a lot of players all over the field. Defense pushing players out of bounds when they should've been trying to kill the clock, RBs running out when they should've been trying to kill the clock. And Nagy's own clock mismanagement tells me he wasn't able to teach it to others when he didn't grasp it himself.

I'm not saying Trubisky didn't have a lot of bad decisions/throws but that particular one still could've been on Nagy being a bad HC.
That was year 4 (just for reference)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
so its about class warfare for you and not a about a productive working environment?
No it’s about Mitch being able to play better. This isn’t middle school they’re grown men.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just a reminder with the Nagy stuff that Mitch wasn’t it either lol

Literally no one was open on the play. Mitch should’ve threw it away. I think he thought he had to make a play because he literally saw big money literally flew away with his play.

I would be pressing too if I’m losing $100 million. Mitch did. He knew his 2019 season sucked. That’s why he wanted to do better. He was losing his cash.