Nagy Expected to Return per Rapoport

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Alright I guess we get to keep watching this trainwreck for at least another season. Wasn't expecting much different from the McCaskeys.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
When GB puts up 40 again on this defense, who's going to be the DC? Pagano will be this years scapegoat, but no decent DC will want to come straight into a hot seat, one and done scenario.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is the exact problem with Nagy, he is such an inept ego manic he will never succeed for long.
1)Completely failed for 2 1/2 years at playcalling.
2)At the point of losing his job, finally gave it up.
3)With signs of actual team success and development in the absence of his hand in playcalling, he can't take it and starts to slowly add his shitty input and leaks it to the press to stroke his ego. The evidence is in the moronic TE "Jumbo Jet" sweep last week.
4)Or the alternative is he is leaking false info to get credit for the playcalling he has nothing to do with.

If they make the playoffs, I would expect a full on Nagy as Chiefs OC level playcalling disaster.

Last edited:

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
When GB puts up 40 again on this defense, who's going to be the DC? Pagano will be this years scapegoat, but no decent DC will want to come straight into a hot seat, one and done scenario.
This was the problem with Lovie too in the latter end of his coaching here. When a coach goes from possibly fired to bringing him back, it’s hard to attract other coaches because they know it could easily be over the next year.

It rarely works out when your coach goes from “possibly fired” to bringing him back the next year... once you start thinking that about your coach it’s time to move on.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This is the exact problem with Nagy, he is such an inept ego manic he will never succeed for long.
1)Completely failed for 2/12 years at playcalling.
2)At the point of losing his job, finally gave it up.
3)With signs of actual team success and development in the absence of his hand in playcalling, he can't take it and starts to slowly add his shitty input and leaks it to the press to stroke his ego. The evidence is in the moronic TE "Jumbo Jet" sweep last week.
4)Or the alternative is he is leaking false info to get credit for the playcalling he has nothing to do with.

If they make the playoffs, I would expect a full on Nagy as Chiefs OC level playcalling disaster.
That’s really frightening that he’s the Bears head coach given the above. There’s really nothing good about him

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
It’s pretty obvious the first half of last game was the coaching staff trying to see if Mitch could run their Kansas City Andy Reid offense. Then the second half they went back to McVay Rams stuff. It wasn’t Nagy trying to call plays. It was a test.

This staff is all guys who run the KC offense. Lazor and all those guys prefer the Andy Reid stuff. And I think amongst football people “real” quarterbacks run an offense in the style like KC. None of this amateur hour “cut the field in half” kiddie nonsense. And I get the vibe that even though this stuff is working. down deep the staff thinks they’re running some kiddie offense. And that real NFL quarterbacks don’t run these coddled systems.