Nagy/Fangio game plans for next week?

baredown

Liked Posts:
Nagy is already on record that the Bears will treat next week like a regular game, and go all out to win. But how he & Fangio should structure their respective game plans is a pretty interesting question. The probability is reasonably high (certainly greater than 50%...) that they'll end up playing the Vikings again the following week, when the stakes will be immeasurably higher. So, should they attack what they perceive the Vikings weaknesses to be, and therefore show their hand, or do they hold back on that and go pretty vanilla? Or do they go off-the-wall, and throw a lot of unexpected stuff at the Vikings? I'm guessing that whatever they do, they'll hold back on going after what they really want to attack. In any case, I think it's a fascinating question for them.

Monster

Liked Posts:
You do everything to beat the shit out of them and get ready for the Eagles... unless the 9rs save the day!

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
You do everything to beat the shit out of them and get ready for the Eagles... unless the 9rs save the day!

unless the 49ers save the day? They're playing at the same time and if the 49ers save the day, the Bears better win their game 'cause they'd have the 2nd seed in the NFC.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game Plan: Find your opponent's weaknesses and attack them.

Playoff Game Plan: See above.

All the advantages and disadvantages to a re-match later that week are the same for each team, discounting injuries, so I think it is a wash.

All the same...you play to keep that from happening at all and it starts by going 12-4.

Monster

Liked Posts:
unless the 49ers save the day? They're playing at the same time and if the 49ers save the day, the Bears better win their game 'cause they'd have the 2nd seed in the NFC.

Thats what I said...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It's an interesting problem, and it's a problem that's right within Nagy's ballpark to solve considering how creative and tricky he is. I wouldn't put it past him to play a misdirection game, and to call a completely different type of game in week 17 than he calls in game 1 of the playoffs. We have the personnel versatility to get away with something like that. Like, for example, there wasn't a whole lot of Cohen being featured in the game against the 49ers yesterday.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
It's an interesting problem, and it's a problem that's right within Nagy's ballpark to solve considering how creative and tricky he is. I wouldn't put it past him to play a misdirection game, and to call a completely different type of game in week 17 than he calls in game 1 of the playoffs. We have the personnel versatility to get away with something like that. Like, for example, there wasn't a whole lot of Cohen being featured in the game against the 49ers yesterday.

Yep, it will be interesting to see how Nagy plays this. And while the two teams play simultaneously, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a whole lot of scoreboard watching. Perhaps if the Rams are up by double digits going into the 4th, Nagy may play the %'s and let his guys rest the 4th quarter. For Nagy the real question is who do you want to play in the 1st round, because that's the only thing he can control at this point.

greg23

Liked Posts:
It's an interesting situation because the bears have a chance go dictate who they play the following week in the playoffs (not sure I've seen it before)

Consider entering the 4th quarter next week

Bears vs min is tight
Phil is handily beating wash
La is handily beating sf
(None too out of the question)

Nagy will have the decision to pull the plug and play Minn or go for the win and play phil.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
It's an interesting situation because the bears have a chance go dictate who they play the following week in the playoffs (not sure I've seen it before)

Bears vs min is tight
La is handily beating sf

Nagy will have the decision to pull the plug and play Minn or go for the win and play phil.

Bears lose, rams lose, philly loses, because nfl.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bears vs min is tight
La is handily beating sf

I put my foot on the throat of the Vikings. Would rather see the Eagles than face the Vikings for a 3rd time.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If not a bye...

Bears win and Philly win = Bears play Philly

Would you rather play MIN x2, or PHI?? Not sure myself. - Both looking uncharacteristically good the last few weeks.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
If not a bye...

Bears win and Philly win = Bears play Philly

Would you rather play MIN x2, or PHI?? Not sure myself. - Both looking uncharacteristically good the last few weeks.

The Lions will make anyone look good. Kirk Cousins/Vikings don't scare me...The guy that just put up 4 TD's/475 against Houston and is the defending SB Champ does.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Game Plan: Find your opponent's weaknesses and attack them.

Playoff Game Plan: See above.

All the advantages and disadvantages to a re-match later that week are the same for each team, discounting injuries, so I think it is a wash.

All the same...you play to keep that from happening at all and it starts by going 12-4.

What happens if the Bears score more than their opponents?