Nagy fired if Bears lose at home to Lions?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Everyone knows you get one second after the clock hits zero. The refs are instructed that they have to see it hit zero, count a beat, then look at the ball. If the ball is in the process of being snapped before they can blow their whistle, it's fine.

I do wish they would tweak that, but it's been the process forever. Nothing new or egregious.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions played a very good game against the Ravens, and would have beaten them, had it not been for superman Justin TUCKER, and a record setting field goal.

I expect to lose on Sunday if Nagy is calling the plays....
17 pts he snagged me yesterday in FF.... Love me some Tucker!!

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
Nagy should have been fired last year. He is awful at calling offense and no player has improved during his tenure. He is a complete failure as a coach. The Giants will get a top 5 pick if he is around for all 17.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't deny they got away with one there...it is not the first time a play clock expired without a penalty. Maybe the League should set up a horn for play clock violations similar to shot clock in Basketball, where the time keeper is responsible, not the refs.
Refs usually give about a second after play clock hits zero. ravens got 2. LMAO

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I think that in order for the Bears to truly progress is by removing their accountant from his current team president position and hire a true, real NFL football person to handle ALL football on the field matters, They have consistently made bad hiring decisions and everything they do seems to be worse or as worse as before.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
if they do lose to the lions and it is as ugly of an offense as these first three games the locker room will come unhinged. You already have Foles capture on camera, Graham retweeting depressing stats and god knows what is going on it the minds of the defense, but it can't be good.

This picture says it all:
1632764282979.png

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could you NOT fire Nagy after yesterday with him already being on thin ice from last year? This is absolutely insane to keep allowing him to coach this team.
whats really ridiculous, is believing the Bears would be better with a different HC, if you suck, you suck

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
whats really ridiculous, is believing the Bears would be better with a different HC, if you suck, you suck
This is true, but they could suck much less. Simplify everything would be my first step. Painfully obvious whatever it is he's trying to implement is not working.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
if they do lose to the lions and it is as ugly of an offense as these first three games the locker room will come unhinged. You already have Foles capture on camera, Graham retweeting depressing stats and god knows what is going on it the minds of the defense, but it can't be good.

This picture says it all:
View attachment 14352
Arob has done himself no favors this season but i feel real bad for him. His stock has plummeted and he knows it. This offense gives him zero shot at showcasing himself and he needs to make the most of his 5 targets a game.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no doubt that the Lions will spank the Bears. They have actually looked decent and been in every game except the 4th quarter against the Packers

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I honestly don’t know what it will take to fire him. He’s a joke. Everyone knows he’s a joke.

I still feel like he’ll be there forever. Coaching purgatory

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
17 pts he snagged me yesterday in FF.... Love me some Tucker!!
One of the Leagues I play in is at my wife's work, and all she askes is that we Must take Tucker every year. I agree, and I usually overpay (did an auction draft this year) or draft him too soon, but I never regret taking him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt be upset if the Bears lost and fired Nagy. If this is the case, then I am the biggest Lions fan ever.
I meant if the Bears lost a game like the way the Lions lost to the Ravens, the no call delay of game, etc.....

Rise

Liked Posts:
I meant if the Bears lost a game like the way the Lions lost to the Ravens, the no call delay of game, etc.....
They have lost one where they kicked off with I believe 11 seconds left and the lead. They ended up missing the playoffs that year by 1 game.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember that , they started the clock late in that play, clock should have ran out after one play.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all the crap that Nagy is getting, I would hold Pace more accountable to that crap O-line he put together. There is no way Hicks and Graham are more important right now than a few decent tackles and a center.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears have never replaced a coach mid season to my knowledge, so they probably won't do it now. Nagy is here for the season. A new play caller will improve things a bit.....but unless that new play caller is allowed to put together a game plan that suits Fields, that improvement will be negligible at best. The OL that Pace has neglected for the better part of 7 years is still there and still bad. Nothing can save this OL unless both the kids they drafted suddenly recover and turn into stars.

Once again a huge fail by ownership....another in a long line of bad GM's that fail at team contruction and complicate things even more by hiring another weak head coach.

Funny thing, I was ecstatic when they hired Nagy. Never heard of him before but he was bringing the KC offence here. I love KC's offence. Too bad he wasn't bringing Andy Reid with it.