Nagy honeymoon over?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I've been done with Nagy
Seeing his play calling and having no idea how to manage OL blocking schemes makes me believe Bears will be lucky to win 7 games this year.
Coach of the Year? Nagy should kiss Fangio's ass forever for this award.

Nagy WILL BE FIRED NEXT YEAR!! 100%

Pace has 90% of being FIRED NEXT YEAR ALSO

I agree, but it will be yet another wasted season next year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've been done with Nagy
Seeing his play calling and having no idea how to manage OL blocking schemes makes me believe Bears will be lucky to win 7 games this year.
Coach of the Year? Nagy should kiss Fangio's ass forever for this award.

Nagy WILL BE FIRED NEXT YEAR!! 100%

Pace has 90% of being FIRED NEXT YEAR ALSO

Well it's now confirmed that Nagy and Pace aren't going anywhere. Thanks Mike.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s tough evaluating the head coach when the starting QB is bungling even the most basic of plays.

Very difficult.

The system NEEDING to be dumbed down is a bigger concern to me than anything.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s tough evaluating the head coach when the starting QB is bungling even the most basic of plays.

I mean, his game management, stubbornness, playcalling, etc. aren't enough for you guys? I could go on. AND I HAVE!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I mean, his game management, stubbornness, playcalling, etc. aren't enough for you guys? I could go on. AND I HAVE!

We need to finger paint because of our QB and you think the biggest problem is that the art teacher is trying to make them use a brush.

The biggest issue is that we have to finger paint.

The 2nd biggest issue is the teacher.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We need to finger paint because of our QB and you think the biggest problem is that the art teacher is trying to make them use a brush.

I think Nagy is the biggest problem, yeah. Especially because Nagy was brought in to develop Trubisky, and Trubisky has regressed.

There are a lot of shit things that Nagy has done/is doing that you can't blame on Trubisky. I don't know. Blaming Trubisky only gets you so far imo. After that, you have to look at the guy that is running the show.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Nagy is the biggest problem, yeah. Especially because Nagy was brought in to develop Trubisky, and Trubisky has regressed.

There are a lot of shit things that Nagy has done/is doing that you can't blame on Trubisky. I don't know. Blaming Trubisky only gets you so far imo. After that, you have to look at the guy that is running the show.

It is the most important position in sports and the engine of the offense. There is really no getting around Trubisky's impact on everything.

We can blame Nagy for not developing Mitch, but I am not sure how far that goes, Mitch has some incredible weaknesses in his game that Nagy covered up last season and breaks went his way. Now those fatal flaws get exposed, because in the NFL you cannot hide your QB.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy is likely going to get another QB. I hope like hell that I'm wrong, and suddenly he'll stop shitting his pants. We'll see.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
IT was easy for people to get excited with Nagy when we were stuck with Fox and Cutler.

When Pace was hired, I asked, "What the hell does this guy actually know? He is an assistant to Mickey Loomis who is a paper pusher for Sean Payton."

This guy, never called a play for important games, for some reason, Reid gave it up to him for 6 games that were not really that good. Remember asking the same questions.

As far as Trubisky, bidding against ourselves, passing on Maholmes and Watson, giving up picks to do so, because the Bears were so convinced if someone was trading up with San Fran, it was going to be for Trubisky, not either of the other two.

Now, all the fan boys are backtracking like they never called anyone stupid for saying the above.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

As far as playcalling, I think Nagy is completely hamstrung. He called a play for Trubisky last week so basic that it is usually only called for 4th string QB’s in the last week of preseason. Trubisky still managed to misread it and fumble the game away. How much further Can Nagy even dumb down the offense?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Are we certain what’s going on here?
Is Nagy just stuck with Paces hand picked QB and just trying to show him and the mccaskeys what an idiot trubisky is? Could just be a power play, “Let me get the right QB or fire me”.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

As long as we agree that the two biggest issues right now are our HC/Play Caller and our QB then i really don't give a damn which one deserves more of the blame. You give me a 50-50 on both and i'm good. The only thing that would lean towards play calling for me is that his play calling is hurting more areas of the team then just the QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is the most important position in sports and the engine of the offense. There is really no getting around Trubisky's impact on everything.

We can blame Nagy for not developing Mitch, but I am not sure how far that goes, Mitch has some incredible weaknesses in his game that Nagy covered up last season and breaks went his way. Now those fatal flaws get exposed, because in the NFL you cannot hide your QB.

But then you could ask the question of did Nagy's covering up Trubisky's weaknesses actually hurt his development even more? It's kinda like one of the things i've been saying this year that Nagy just needs to let Trubisky go out there and make his mistakes throwing the ball instead of playing scared and holding Trubisky back from letting him throw downfield after he over throws a WR or throws a INT. We need to just let the guy play and make his mistakes and see if he can learn from them in game to see if he can grow but Nagy just stops him from doing anything after he does make a bad throw or bad play.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As far as playcalling, I think Nagy is completely hamstrung. He called a play for Trubisky last week so basic that it is usually only called for 4th string QB’s in the last week of preseason. Trubisky still managed to misread it and fumble the game away. How much further Can Nagy even dumb down the offense?

I just find the idea that Nagy has this amazing bag of tricks, but they're all locked away because Trubisky is so bad, pretty stupid. I mean, you're all probably going to get your wish. You're likely going to see Nagy with a different QB. Don't double down if he keeps shitting his pants lol.