Nagy honeymoon over?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clearly. Loved the guy last year but the way he's running the team this year is baffling.

It's not like the situations at QB/OL are new revelations. He more than anyone should be aware of the limitations he's working with there. Yet instead of minimizing those weaknesses and playing complimentary football to the teams actual strength (the defense) he continues to run his gimmick scheme and make the same mistakes.

I firmly believe if he put his ego in check and didn't call games like a 13 year old playing Madden this team would be undefeated even with Mitch and Chase playing like bottom feeders.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Clearly. Loved the guy last year but the way he's running the team this year is baffling.

It's not like the situations at QB/OL are new revelations. He more than anyone should be aware of the limitations he's working with there. Yet instead of minimizing those weaknesses and playing complimentary football to the teams actual strength (the defense) he continues to run his gimmick scheme and making the same mistakes.

If firmly believe if he put his ego in check and didn't call games like a 13 year old playing Madden this team would be undefeated even with Mitch and Chase playing like bottom feeders.

What u mean?

He runs the ball 7 times a game. Way more than a madden game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

It's not like the situations at QB/OL are new revelations. He more than anyone should be aware of the limitations he's working with there. Yet instead of minimizing those weaknesses and playing complimentary football to the teams actual strength (the defense) he continues to run his gimmick scheme and make the same mistakes.

I firmly believe if he put his ego in check and didn't call games like a 13 year old playing Madden this team would be undefeated even with Mitch and Chase playing like bottom feeders.

I liked this post but i don't think we'd be undefeated but wouldn't have a losing record for sure. It's just amazing to me that this guy can't simplify this offense to Trubisky's strengths which is short passes and running the ball himself and as a team. I'm not 100 on this but i would bet there hasn't been one single designed play for a QB run and Trubs is great at running. Then he talks in a presser about how important it is to be productive on 1st down and the very next game his 1st offensive play was running Cohen up the middle. He doesn't even have Monty as the starting RB to begin games until last week against the Chargers, i'm pretty sure Monty started.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Because Nagy has gone full on Coach Klein from the waterboy and is coaching scared

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I understand that he was probably shocked by what happened at the beginning of the season. His QB sucks, his OL was playing terrible football.

But the fact that we are 7 games into the season and he has struggled to adjust consistently is killing me.

I get that this is not what was suppose to happen, but it is time to accept it and adapt.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
to me the lack of preseason readiness and the bumbling of the London experience are inexcusable...if he does the preseason thing again next year he's got to go

as well as some of the play designs that look like they were thought up after Helferich ate some edibles

I think we're way past blaming any of this on how he chose to not play starters in the preseason. Maybe in the first couple of games i could of used that as a reason but we're past that having anything to do with this IMO.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think we're way past blaming any of this on how he chose to not play starters in the preseason. Maybe in the first couple of games i could of used that as a reason but we're past that having anything to do with this IMO.

This is bigger than that, so I agree.

His refusal to put 202 in the garbage is the problem and as Broc said that has a lot to do with ego. In the NFL you need to adapt quicker than 7 games to the reality you are in.

The tough part is that Mitch sucking should not be shocking. All the camp reports about him were pretty negative. We knew he was not lighting it up in camp.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
This is bigger than that, so I agree.

His refusal to put 202 in the garbage is the problem and as Broc said that has a lot to do with ego. In the NFL you need to adapt quicker than 7 games to the reality you are in.

The tough part is that Mitch sucking should not be shocking. All the camp reports about him were pretty negative. We knew he was not lighting it up in camp.

what is 202

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What u mean?

He runs the ball 7 times a game. Way more than a madden game.

Nah the current trend on Madden is for a lot of top players to run almost exclusively as the new run system is easier for players to control.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand that he was probably shocked by what happened at the beginning of the season. His QB sucks, his OL was playing terrible football.

Not buying it. He is literally the last person on Earth that should be shocked by what's transpired. He saw these guys up close every day, behind closed doors seeing things none of us could see, all off-season long. Was he hiding in his office playing Madden all training camp while people were reporting how bad Trubisky looked? Was he absent during the entire install of the run game?

The unfortunate reality is that we're seeing the real Nagy now. He was coaching on easy mode last year thanks to those 36 defensive turnovers and being a first year HC that nobody knew what to expect from. Now that the defense isn't gifting him all those turnovers and everyone has caught up to his scheme we're seeing what Matt Nagy truly is as a coach and sadly it's not looking good.

It shouldn't take 8 fucking weeks to realize, "gee my QB isn't developing as much as we hoped he would and my offensive line can't execute my run game at all... I should make some adjustments.."

And worse yet, we're still waiting for those adjustments. The way he handled the Chargers game blows my fucking mind. It's like he's purposely antagonizing the media and fanbase. Comes out in I formation and runs for 10 yards... next 4 plays it's right back to the shotgun RPO shit and punt. Come out in the second half and march down the field with dual back I formations and put it in for 6... next drive right back to the shotgun RPO shit and never go back to what just worked.

Just mind boggling management of this team. To me it seems like he's simply too married to his scheme and has too much pride and ego to put it aside and do what's best for the team. People want to act like he's got Jonathan Quinn at QB holding him back. Give me a fucking break. He has nobody but himself to blame for this mess. He could easily adjust the game plans and playcalling to work around the limitations on this roster if he wanted to. He just refuses to do it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Nah the current trend on Madden is for a lot of top players to run almost exclusively as the new run system is easier for players to control.
Stopped playing Madden years ago. The best of the best players would basically take advantage of the glitches to the point that they were not even playing a real game. It got super lame.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Not buying it. He is literally the last person on Earth that should be shocked by what's transpired. He saw these guys up close every day, behind closed doors seeing things none of us could see, all off-season long. Was he hiding in his office playing Madden all training camp while people were reporting how bad Trubisky looked? Was he absent during the entire install of the run game?

The unfortunate reality is that we're seeing the real Nagy now. He was coaching on easy mode last year thanks to those 36 defensive turnovers and being a first year HC that nobody knew what to expect from. Now that the defense isn't gifting him all those turnovers and everyone has caught up to his scheme we're seeing what Matt Nagy truly is as a coach and sadly it's not looking good.

It shouldn't take 8 fucking weeks to realize, "gee my QB isn't developing as much as we hoped he would and my offensive line can't execute my run game at all... I should make some adjustments.."

And worse yet, we're still waiting for those adjustments. The way he handled the Chargers game blows my fucking mind. It's like he's purposely antagonizing the media and fanbase. Comes out in I formation and runs for 10 yards... next 4 plays it's right back to the shotgun RPO shit and punt. Come out in the second half and march down the field with dual back I formations and put it in for 6... next drive right back to the shotgun RPO shit and never go back to what just worked.

Just mind boggling management of this team. To me it seems like he's simply too married to his scheme and has too much pride and ego to put it aside and do what's best for the team. People want to act like he's got Jonathan Quinn at QB holding him back. Give me a fucking break. He has nobody but himself to blame for this mess. He could easily adjust the game plans and playcalling to work around the limitations on this roster if he wanted to. He just refuses to do it.

This! If the HC is shocked by how his teams plays, then he’s more clueless than I thought.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This! If the HC is shocked by how his teams plays, then he’s more clueless than I thought.

Training camp is different than games.

Now taking 7 games is ridiculous as Broc said.

lbeattie820

Liked Posts:

I think that same mentality that we see him use in preseason "we don't want to get anybody hurt" is also how they practice, which is not full speed. So the timing is off when they go full speed in the game. You play how you practice and practice how you play. And they look like they practice at 3/4 speed.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Navy's ego fucked this team. Like Broc has mentioned he should know Mitch's limitations and actually work with that. Hell even Fox figured that out but Nagy wants to be him even if it's detrimental to the team

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
I've been done with Nagy
Seeing his play calling and having no idea how to manage OL blocking schemes makes me believe Bears will be lucky to win 7 games this year.
Coach of the Year? Nagy should kiss Fangio's ass forever for this award.

Nagy WILL BE FIRED NEXT YEAR!! 100%

Pace has 90% of being FIRED NEXT YEAR ALSO