Nagy: If no double doink 'we were going to win the Super Bowl'

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears—and particularly Nagy—weren't ready for the moment in 2018 so even if they got past the Rams, they weren't going to win the SB.

Vic's defense was propelling the team. Eddie Jackson was out. Burton pulled out of the game, reducing our offense to ARob. Nagy was clearly coaching around Trubs most of the game. I'm not sure the point of revisiting this for Nagy. He needs to earn his way back and prove he can coach in the postseason.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears had a good chance to beat the Rams, but lose to N.O. in NFCCG.

Yeah, if they had got out of LA alive...the Superdome should have been the coffin nail. I think the Bears have like one win there since they Little Mikey canned Ditka.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
It was only the week before that saw Jordan Howard punch in two TD's from short yardage against a stellar run defense up in MN so what happens on a two point conversion that wins the game?
Some stupid Santa's sleigh bullshit inside pitch to a 170lb receiver that went for a loss........Matt Nagy will NEVER win a big PO game.....ever!

Nagy's vaunted offense produced ONE TD against a real bad Eagles' defensive backfield if I recall.
2 Pt Conversion Fail

9:40 (should be queued up)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Imagine having 0 playoff wins as a play caller (Bears/KC), having a bottom of the league offense in 18 despite having consistently good field position and extra possessions because of the defense, and proclaiming they would have won the SB if it wasn’t for the kicker. How many points did the offensive guru’s team put up that game?

Nagy is a delusional clown and it’s reasons like these the team is constantly unprepared and undisciplined. 16-16 over the last two years and he’s talking about how they would have won a SB in 18 if it wasn’t for parkey lol. I can’t even anymore with this guy…if I were Vic I’d call him up and remind him why they were so good that year and the 18 coach of the year has been the joke of the year since he left

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Ppl here acted as if Mitch's "almost game winning drive" was legendary.
Even know it sucked the Bears lost, that last drive was exciting but far from legendary.

Now Cody Parkeys double doink is legendary.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
It didn't take a double-doink for a much better Bears team to get pants'ed in the '08 superbowl. Nagy is delusional.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kind of glad they didn't. I am sure we would be on Mitch's 5th year option had they made it.
The whole point of this is to win the Superbowl. The Bears have won a single Superbowl......I'd sacrifice having Trubisky if it meant doubling that total.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

“We felt like we were going to win the Super Bowl,” Nagy told Frank Thomas on NBC Sports Chicago’s “Hangin’ With the Hurt.” “You felt it, we were going to win the Super Bowl. The Rams went to the Super Bowl that year, and we got after the Rams pretty good at Soldier Field, 15-6. It was a good football game. And it didn’t happen.”

Despite the sour ending, that season doesn’t leave a bad taste in Nagy’s mouth. In fact he appreciates the entire season as a foundational learning experience for both himself and his players.

“It was special,” Nagy said. “I’ll never forget— I should say I’ll always remember. I think the biggest thing when I got there, I realize that the atmosphere, the environment, the building, there was a little bit of a mindset of, there wasn’t really a belief in how to win, or an understanding of what it takes to win. Once we won a few games, they started believing in what we were teaching… when you’ve got belief in your teammates and coaches it’s tough to stop. You might not be the best player on the field all the time, every position… but when you do it together it’s hard to stop.”
I will take what he is drinking and or smoking

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
Fuck the whole Andy Reid choke tree. They all learned how to choke in big games with Andy Reid being the biggest choker of all. Didn’t he go to like 5 NFC championship games in Philly only winning one and losing in the Super Bowl? Patrick Mahommes saved his ass, but I don’t know why he is so revered in this league. I hope Nagy gets fired before he has a chance to teach Justin how to choke like his coaching family.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Fuck the whole Andy Reid choke tree. They all learned how to choke in big games with Andy Reid being the biggest choker of all. Didn’t he go to like 5 NFC championship games in Philly only winning one and losing in the Super Bowl? Patrick Mahommes saved his ass, but I don’t know why he is so revered in this league. I hope Nagy gets fired before he has a chance to teach Justin how to choke like his coaching family.

If the Bears waived Nagy and hired Reid tomorrow, you'd be upset huh?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I would take this type of coach any day over the bums the Bears organization hires. There have been many great HCs that haven’t won a SB.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Agreed. And I'm not sure why people think playing in NO would have been a victory either.
Had the Bears won against the eagles it may not have been NO they played. As it was the eagles went to NO and the cowboys to LA. Had the Bears won they would have gone to LA and the cowboys to NO who beat NO earlier in the season. There was a real possibility the NFC championship game would have been hosted in Chicago against the cowboys. And the Bears going to the superbowl.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe that the Bears would have likely made it to the Super Bowl had they gotten past Philadelphia. Goff doesn’t score a TD on the Bears defense, especially so without the help of McVay who still had no answer for Fangio’s scheme. Drew Brees had completely ran out of gas. Super Bowl probably goes to New England, but Brady did not look good in that game against the Rams.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Had the Bears won against the eagles it may not have been NO they played. As it was the eagles went to NO and the cowboys to LA. Had the Bears won they would have gone to LA and the cowboys to NO who beat NO earlier in the season. There was a real possibility the NFC championship game would have been hosted in Chicago against the cowboys. And the Bears going to the superbowl.

There's a real good chance that the Rams beat the Bears and the Saints beat the Cowboys. The Bears and Cowboys winning the regular season games doesn't mean shit.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm just happy the entire Mitch, Foles, bad kicker thing is behind us. That Foles was part of beating that Bear team didn't bode well for continuing to the SB. He's still here but an afterthought and I will be even happier when that chapter gets closed.