Nagy is so bad that these 2 horrible decision aren't even in the top 10 things being discussed right now.

mecha

Liked Posts:
is anyone legitimately mad at how this season has played out thus far? cause I'm not. I was honestly celebrating this loss.

when George McCaskey doesn't call for Nagy's head at the expiration of the season, then I and everyone else should be mad.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
is anyone legitimately mad at how this season has played out thus far? cause I'm not. I was honestly celebrating this loss.

when George McCaskey doesn't call for Nagy's head at the expiration of the season, then I and everyone else should be mad.
I, sadly, have to agree. I have understood Nagy is terminally stupid for 3 seasons now. I have not had an emotion, positive or negative, in a Bears game this season. I have been rooting for Fields improvements with Nagy firing level results most all season.

So all in all, the season has gone about as well as I could have hoped. A stinker in DET may seal the deal.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The odds of
It's about strategrery. Yeah, no one would expect him to burn a TO, waste a personal foul penalty, and throw a ball short of the endzone from the 1 yard line. And that's real.

Terrible game management
No accountability/discipline
Terrible play caller
Terrible schemer/in game adjuster

Literally does nothing well and it’s his 4th year as HC.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Does anyone have a video of the fire Nagy chant at the game today? I missed it.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Often teams hit high pooch kickoffs when it is that short(from the 40), forcing a return with coverage being much closer. Good chance they could have pinned BALT inside their 15.
This, exactly, and how!!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
A few things… I was at the game and the fire Nagy chants were happening pretty regularly in the last part of the 4th quarter. They were loud too.

It was incredibly windy and it was swirling. I guess when you know your defense is going to give up a TD on the final drive to the worst QB in the NFL, you want prolong the agony by hoping one beautiful, timely gust could give you a chance to lose in OT instead of regulation. So you go for two to try to go up 6…

The Santos miss in the first quarter adds to the fun.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
5 or 4 is virtually the same thing. 6 vs 5 CAN matter, even if a small percentage. And there have actually been a lot of missed PATs in the NFL this year. 14 in one week alone. It would have actually been criminally stupid for a coach to kick the PAT there.

But using the penalty AND a timeout were also criminally stupid.
This. The wasted timeouts really changed how we approached the end of the game... again. Unprepared, undisciplined play. Bad headset should be a nonissue. These scenarios should be addressed and known before the game begins.

Here's the point sheet

1637589646840.png

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
5 or 4 is virtually the same thing. 6 vs 5 CAN matter, even if a small percentage. And there have actually been a lot of missed PATs in the NFL this year. 14 in one week alone. It would have actually been criminally stupid for a coach to kick the PAT there.

But using the penalty AND a timeout were also criminally stupid.
It seems that whenever the Bears have a big play downfield, they always have to burn a timeout right after because they have no fucking clue what to do. It's like "Whoa, that was unexpected! We moved the ball 50 yards for the first time all year so we gotta figure out how to get everyone downfield and lined up!"

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
This. The wasted timeouts really changed how we approached the end of the game... again. Unprepared, undisciplined play. Bad headset should be a nonissue. These scenarios should be addressed and known before the game begins.

Here's the point sheet

View attachment 15600
I love the calculation for if you are down by 1 after the TD. Go for 2 but only if you think there are exactly 5, 7, or 9 possessions remaining.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Let's not forget he burned a timeout to make his "genius decision". How do you not know your two versus one point decision before scoring the TD. That missing timeout might have been useful when trying to call plays to get back in field goal range with 22 seconds

Davide

Liked Posts:
The timeout management in the second half was so ugly.
The first message of this thread tells the last.

But the first is incredibile!

4th and 1 at midfield, the Bears choose to punt. (for me = right choice)
Soldier Field roar.
Nagy call a timeout to pretend that the headphones dosn't work
Nagy follow the audience. GO FOR IT, You play to WIN THE GAME!
And the beautiful mind Nagy go for.. a WILDCAT and tell to the Ravens "we run, forget passing defense"
Amazing.

Filmstudy

Liked Posts:
I have yet to see it discussed, but i may have just missed it. Had Goodwin gone down inside the 5-yard line rather than score the TD, the Bears are probably 96-97% to win 3 plays later on a FG as time expires. With the score, they gave Baltimore a chance to drive the field for a TD (which must be more than 3-4%, my gut says 10-12%)

Is it unreasonable for me to expect Nagy to have that information (to go down inside the 5) in the huddle?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The timeout management in the second half was so ugly.
The first message of this thread tells the last.

But the first is incredibile!

4th and 1 at midfield, the Bears choose to punt. (for me = right choice)
Soldier Field roar.
Nagy call a timeout to pretend that the headphones dosn't work
Nagy follow the audience. GO FOR IT, You play to WIN THE GAME!
And the beautiful mind Nagy go for.. a WILDCAT and tell to the Ravens "we run, forget passing defense"
Amazing.
Agreed on the 4th and 1. Just because bears fans are stupid and wanted to go for it shouldn't stop Nagy from making the right decision and punting.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been explained repeatedly on here why going for 2 is the (should be automatic) CORRECT call.

You dolts not knowing this is meh, but for Nagy to not know this and WASTE a time out by not being prepared is criminal as the head-fucking coach. Yet again, he's unaware and unprepared to do the basic duties of a HC. It's no wonder the players are tired of his repeated inadequacies costing them wins.