Nagy: "I've never been involved in something like this before"

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Does Nagy need to go into the concussion protocol? Because I'm pretty sure he's been involved in exactly this sort of offense since he joined us 40 games ago.

I get that he's been handed a bottom 5 offensive personnel by Pace, and I am all aboard the Fire Pace train, but at some point do you not have to show us something, anything on offense? We have a GM that can't draft offense, a coach that can't develop offensive players or get out of his own way with the playcalling. We'll be screwed when neither of them get shot into the sun at the end of this 9-7 season.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This just makes Nagy the latest in a long list of offensive guru's brought to the Bears who seem bewildered at their inability to have an effective offense. Of course there is an irony that their astonishment at their inability to generate any sort of offensive consistently is the exact same emotion Bears fans would feel if we ever had an offense that was something more what these coaches were accustomed to before they came to the Bears. Nagy might be at a loss for how this offensive stagnation is even possible in today's NFL but as Bears fans this is all most of us have ever known.

You'd have a hard time telling me there isn't some sort of fate to certain NFL franchises.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Does Nagy need to go into the concussion protocol? Because I'm pretty sure he's been involved in exactly this sort of offense since he joined us 40 games ago.

I get that he's been handed a bottom 5 offensive personnel by Pace, and I am all aboard the Fire Pace train, but at some point do you not have to show us something, anything on offense? We have a GM that can't draft offense, a coach that can't develop offensive players or get out of his own way with the playcalling. We'll be screwed when neither of them get shot into the sun at the end of this 9-7 season.

Thought the exact same thing watching it live. Nagy, did you already block out last season? Unbelievable

greg23

Liked Posts:
Part of the genius in BHVWGHC

Ignore the truth and make everyone forget about the past.... have them wonder along with you why things aren't as great as they were just a short while ago!!!!

BE YOU!

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
This is where he needs to take full responsibility for this. Not be dumbfounded like a fucking idiot. Ugh. I hate this organization.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
If this organization can't acknowledge thier mistakes.. We need a new coach. I think Nagy made the wrong choice benching Trubisky. He want to save his job and face. If Foles even said that he doesn't have time for some of the plays. That should tell you something. No matter who we put out there. The QB is gonna get killed

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

So let me get this straight, you think every FA and draft pick since 2018 has been picked by Pace and Nagy has no knowledge of this and Pace just says "These are the guys I got you, don't care if you like it or not make it work!!"

Pace and Nagy worked together to get most of the players they have now on offense. Nagy is just as much to blame for this personnel.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight, you think every FA and draft pick since 2018 has been picked by Pace and Nagy has no knowledge of this and Pace just says "These are the guys I got you, don't care if you like it or not make it work!!"

Pace and Nagy worked together to get most of the players they have now on offense. Nagy is just as much to blame for this personnel.

If you want to lay more of the blame for that on Nagy, I'm down, but Pace's inability to draft or sign any offensive personnel worth a shit predates Nagy: White, Grasu, Trubisky, Shaheen. I can't remember a single FA pick up on offense outside of Robinson? Even his "successes" are not good.

Nagy is not just as much to blame for the personnel as Pace - only one of them should be getting fired because the Bears haven't drafted a single difference maker on offense in six years. And one of them has been here half as long as the other.

To be clear, Nagy is 25-14 and I have zero faith that he can make this offense work even if he did have better players. If you run that play to Patterson and come out and say every one of the coaches and players thought it would work, shit, I don't know where that leaves you. Because I don't think many of us were looking at 84 in the backfield and thinking he would take the right hole and fall forwards.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Trestman was 2nd n points I believe.

I didn't follow Trestman prior to his Bears stint, am I correct in believing his offenses got figured out quickly over time? the only notable thing on offense I remember happening in 2014 was Forte catching most passes in a single season. it's too bad Cutler was so banged up by then and the Tucker defense was so horrible. then there was Trestman's quirks with pictures in the shower and an obsession with recycling in addition to losing the locker room quite quickly.

2020 Bears aren't quite down to 2014 Bears level, yet. or 2016 rather, I think that was the worst win/loss year.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
If you want to lay more of the blame for that on Nagy, I'm down, but Pace's inability to draft or sign any offensive personnel worth a shit predates Nagy: White, Grasu, Trubisky, Shaheen. I can't remember a single FA pick up on offense outside of Robinson? Even his "successes" are not good.

Nagy is not just as much to blame for the personnel as Pace - only one of them should be getting fired because the Bears haven't drafted a single difference maker on offense in six years. And one of them has been here half as long as the other.

To be clear, Nagy is 25-14 and I have zero faith that he can make this offense work even if he did have better players. If you run that play to Patterson and come out and say every one of the coaches and players thought it would work, shit, I don't know where that leaves you. Because I don't think many of us were looking at 84 in the backfield and thinking he would take the right hole and fall forwards.

both of them have to go, its quite simple. Nagy might not have as much to blame on personnel but the usage of the personnel and putting them in positions to succeed and not to mention scheme/identity, nagy is not far off from pace...This team has won despite nagy, nagy uses personnel like they are chess pieces, he doesnt consider that some players need to find a rhythm in a game, he thinks they can come in cold and make a big play and exit and do it again whenever his number is called... sometimes this is true but it depends on the player.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nagy: "I've never been involved in something like this before"

So now Nagy is throwing the whole offense and coaching staff under the bus.
Oh, and yes you have. Every waking day that you have been an NFL HC.

3 Years as HC
2018 21st ranked offense
2019 29th ranked offense ahead of PIT, WAS, NYJ
2020 29th ranked offense ahead of WAS NYG NYJ

3 QB's, one hand picked.
2 OC's hand picked.
2 QB coaches hand picked.
2 OL coaches hand picked.

Common denominator...Matt Nagy

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
3 weeks ago, "the colts defense will probably be the best defense we face all year

present day "the rams defense is the best we have seen all year"