They start talking about it at 6:30.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Gonna make me listen to that blab jab? Cliff notes por favor
"You know back in 17 we saw some stuff that we really loved in mahomes, and we knew that and he knows that too, and its part of the process to evaluate who is the best quarterback. And y'all think it was a simple decision, but there was a lot of work involved to make that pick and that's where we were at and that where I am at." -Nagy

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The most important part of that whole video was him acknowledging that Whitehair belongs at LG, Sam will go into the offseason as the starting C and Daniels will play RG. It does not matter who they bring in at QB if the line isn't at least average. It will be more of the same.

mecha

Liked Posts:
The most important part of that whole video was him acknowledging that Whitehair belongs at LG, Sam will go into the offseason as the starting C and Daniels will play RG. It does not matter who they bring in at QB if the line isn't at least average. It will be more of the same.

I think sevvy said it, if you make a crazy trade for Watson/Wilson, you won't be able to retool the other positions of need around the quarterback. Robinson was good, Mooney was good, Robinson is not worth the price he thinks he is, Mooney's paint is still wet yet. they lose Robinson, it's going to wreck a lot of dynamics for whoever plays quarterback.

like I keep saying, the Texans or Seahawks aren't coming with them. you're inserting a high quality quarterback into a highly undesirable situation. wasn't the Jay Cutler deal enough evidence of this? the only legitimate receiving talent he had were tight ends... one got dealt for no reason and the other they just decided to push out the door. it's going to be the same exact thing, with shitty playcalling and offensive line to boot.

giving up the house for someone else's quarterback is textbook definition insanity. you have a coach and GM with one foot out the door, take the low risk approach, draft your own quarterback. I'll even tolerate trading up, that won't require blowing your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for 3 years... you know, when the new yes-man GM comes in with a new head coach.

this franchise blows.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think sevvy said it, if you make a crazy trade for Watson/Wilson, you won't be able to retool the other positions of need around the quarterback. Robinson was good, Mooney was good, Robinson is not worth the price he thinks he is, Mooney's paint is still wet yet. they lose Robinson, it's going to wreck a lot of dynamics for whoever plays quarterback.

like I keep saying, the Texans or Seahawks aren't coming with them. you're inserting a high quality quarterback into a highly undesirable situation. wasn't the Jay Cutler deal enough evidence of this? the only legitimate receiving talent he had were tight ends... one got dealt for no reason and the other they just decided to push out the door. it's going to be the same exact thing, with shitty playcalling and offensive line to boot.

giving up the house for someone else's quarterback is textbook definition insanity. you have a coach and GM with one foot out the door, take the low risk approach, draft your own quarterback. I'll even tolerate trading up, that won't require blowing your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks for 3 years... you know, when the new yes-man GM comes in with a new head coach.

this franchise blows.
Agree with alot of your points. Well stated. I'm all for a trade because fuck it. Shake shit up and make it interesting. Football is entertainment and the bears don't entertain me anymore. There is no long game. That's pie in the sky horse shit. You're either winning now or losing now. I don't give a shit about what it could potentially look like 3-5 years down the road. Or the ramifications. I've been patiently waiting since 06 and before that 85. I have none left for this franchise. In other words, I do not care if what they do this offseason sinks the franchise for the next 5-10 because being middle of the road or bad is par for the course with this team.

I will say though, if they do pull off some kind of trade, they have to find away to retain Robinson as well. You can't bring in a franchise QB and let your #1 wr walk. Just can't happen. They will be very short on draft capital. Doesn't matter what you, or I think he's worth.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That 2017 draft was a bit of a lay up and Pace blew it. Watson and Mahomes were both leaders with a multitude of experience and their collective talent and intangibles jumped off the tape. The Bears actually identified Mahomes as their second guy and had him into Halas Hall. It blows my mind how anyone could compare Mitch and Mahomes and come away thinking Mitch was better. If they felt Mahomes was too much off an off script gunslinger, Watson was the safe pick with an amazingly high ceiling too.

John Fox liked Watson and Dalvin Cook and the Bears ended up with Mitch and Shaheen. I actually believe Pace is pretty good at his job. Unfortunately, he choked on the biggest decision of his career. It defines him at this point. I do not believe that a room full of professional talent evaluators had consensus on Mitch as Pace claims. Whichever scout had the list as Mahomes, Watson followed by Mitch should be the loudest voice in the room this time around in tandem with Nagy. Otherwise, Nagy should contact Veach and ask him who he likes in this year’s QB class since he is the reason KC was in on Mahomes.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That 2017 draft was a bit of a lay up and Pace blew it. Watson and Mahomes were both leaders with a multitude of experience and their collective talent and intangibles jumped off the tape. The Bears actually identified Mahomes as their second guy and had him into Halas Hall. It blows my mind how anyone could compare Mitch and Mahomes and come away thinking Mitch was better. If they felt Mahomes was too much off an off script gunslinger, Watson was the safe pick with an amazingly high ceiling too.

John Fox liked Watson and Dalvin Cook and the Bears ended up with Mitch and Shaheen. I actually believe Pace is pretty good at his job. Unfortunately, he choked on the biggest decision of his career. It defines him at this point. I do not believe that a room full of professional talent evaluators had consensus on Mitch as Pace claims. Whichever scout had the list as Mahomes, Watson followed by Mitch should be the loudest voice in the room this time around in tandem with Nagy. Otherwise, Nagy should contact Veach and ask him who he likes in this year’s QB class since he is the reason KC was in on Mahomes.
If ol Foxy had it his way he still may be coaching this team. That's as deadly a backfield combo as they come.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

LOL at any QB drafted being a layup. Sort of means consensus 1st off the board. Hmmm, I wonder who was most like that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
LOL at any QB drafted being a layup. Sort of means consensus 1st off the board. Hmmm, I wonder who was most like that.

I highly doubt he was the consensus number 1 with professional teams. There’s a huge gap between draft pundits and professional talent evaluators.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's never a consensus but he was likely the top on most boards. Mitch appeared the safest pick that needed to sit a year. Watson the most ready to play and Mahomes the highest ceiling that also needed to sit but also the most risk.

Your take is revisionist.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It only took them 3 years and jobs on the line to figure this out? He can go fuck himself.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should be bringing in a center to push for the job. Handing starting positions over does not build a winning culture. They should be competing at every spot (minus the obvious). There are plenty of FA centers that will be jobless in a few weeks.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The biggest knock on D. Watson was his arm velocity. I think CCS should line every poster up on this board that was spouting nonsense about that and slap them a good one along side the head.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:

If you go back and read several of the draft preview write ups for 2017 it was not a layup which QB was better. Lot of them did not see any of the 3 as a top 10 pick. Several thought Mahomes was a project and not worth a high pick. Several were scared of Watson's knee. Light bulbs should have went off for Pace that Trubisky could not beat out a non NFL talent QB for over 2 years. It's harder to understand passing on Watson than Mahomes. Watson was one of the best College QBs in history. Leader on the field winning against the best talent. Maybe his career would be shorter due to knee issues but with the new surgery techniques it is not as big of a deal. At times Mahomes looked like 10 other run and shoot QBs from Texas colleges which none had ever made an impact in the NFL. He was different but a lot of people missed on him.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If you go back and read several of the draft preview write ups for 2017 it was not a layup which QB was better. Lot of them did not see any of the 3 as a top 10 pick. Several thought Mahomes was a project and not worth a high pick. Several were scared of Watson's knee. Light bulbs should have went off for Pace that Trubisky could not beat out a non NFL talent QB for over 2 years. It's harder to understand passing on Watson than Mahomes. Watson was one of the best College QBs in history. Leader on the field winning against the best talent. Maybe his career would be shorter due to knee issues but with the new surgery techniques it is not as big of a deal. At times Mahomes looked like 10 other run and shoot QBs from Texas colleges which none had ever made an impact in the NFL. He was different but a lot of people missed on him.

Anyone that watched Mahomes play at Tech and thought he was another Kliff Kingsbury or Graham Harrell doesn’t know much about football.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

this franchise blows.

I hear ya own " inserting a high quality quarterback into a highly undesirable situation". But jay was not in the Watson/Wilson category. We did put good talent around him, but he was still a loser. Like your sig suggests "he didn't care".
But yes ya have to careful about starting from 'bare bones'

mecha

Liked Posts:
I hear ya own " inserting a high quality quarterback into a highly undesirable situation". But jay was not in the Watson/Wilson category. We did put good talent around him, but he was still a loser. Like your sig suggests "he didn't care".
But yes ya have to careful about starting from 'bare bones'

he's an awkward dude. had all the physical talent imaginable, I am not an awkward dude, but if I was brought in entirely in the same exact way he was and had to learn a new offense every year because Lovie Smith couldn't promote stability at the offensive playcaller, I would just keep cashing the checks and not care either. people keep going on about franchise quarterbacks, which ones do you know that the team had multiple lame ducks running the offense and complete douchebags like Aaron Kromer and Adam Gase, like a total of 7 different guys in an 8 year span. I don't think it's ever happened. ever.

this team's incompetence goes back further than many of you would even bother to acknowledge. oh once again, this is how Lovie Smith was fired after a 10-6 season of beating no winning teams. try to keep up.