Nagy Presser - Monday, Sept. 27th

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Q: I hope this isn't a scheme thing, but is it fair to say you like [to be] more aggressive than that, in that regard, going forward?

A: "Yea there's alot of things that, I think right now ..that we're doing up there in the office right now that guys are looking at that... you know we got together early this morning and you start really talking thru how things went yesterday, and.. there's some things that you learn, as you go through this.. and now, when you learn that: what do you do that's different, what do you do that's the same? Is it what you're saying, is that a part of it.. well, yes it can be.. whether it's shots or scheming up different ways to get the ball downfield.. and that's just all, it does get a little bit into scheme.."

(*this is a quote, btw)

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This outcome was predestined when they feebly decided to keep Nagy and Pace after last season, basically admitting that they did so because they knew they couldn't do better.

This year was always going to be a disaster, there was no other potential outcome. The only question is how much damage will they do to the franchise in the future.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I feel like Nagy's entire performance yesterday was like if I withheld food and water from my child.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well. At least Nagy didn't sound happy.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
?we need this added to the like/ dislike bar for all naggy news

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Hope you are right, I just caught the part where they said he had an MRI or xray or something like that.

I am sure Justin's parents are pissed at watching their son get beat up yesterday. That was assault! Going all the way back to grade school, you can bet he probably never took a beating like that. Fields' parents are solid, humble people but watching their son get beat up like that would make even a quiet, humble man angry.

Could anyone really blame Justin if he faked injury and quit on the sidelines like Foles did last year when he was getting beat up? Not saying I condone it, but I under these circumstances, I can understand it. I remember Foles getting rag dolled on multiple series last year and then faking a tail bone injury. Foles saw how defenseless he was out there, how he was getting no protection, and said, "not today!"

To Fields' credit the kid kept battling. That's why in the sport of boxing you have handlers whose job it is the protect the fighter when the fighter won't quit on his own. Yesterday, it was getting to the point where someone needed to step in say, "kid, the game is out of reach, for your own health, sit down for the rest of the game".

And yet, Nagy ran him back out there to be beat up some more when the game was clearly out of reach. These are things that make people suspicious about Nagy's motivations for not protecting Fields all game -- was he doing it on purpose? I doubt it but his actions surely make a person wonder.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is there not one player, coach, owner etc within Halas hall with the balls to straight up tell Nagy the “why” is him?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Is there not one player, coach, owner etc within Halas hall with the balls to straight up tell Nagy the “why” is him?
Has nothing to do with balls and every thing to do with $$$$$

Brownie

Liked Posts:

Nope. Well maybe Foles lol.

Also, I've never heard a guy talk about how they allegedly "care" so much. He mentions it as if it needs to be said. If he feels the need say so, I'm beginning to question if in fact that is actually in doubt.

I do think some guys are just happy to be here. And others have kind of lost faith and are just going through the motions.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He seems like the blackballed type
Scratch that he IS the blackballed type