Nagy to call plays

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wait for the every 3rd play the infamous WR bubble Screen using Tarik Cohen and Mooney to do the blocking for a TE.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Need to re-sign Cordarelle Patterson so they can give it to him up the gut on 3rd and 1.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
that’s not the point though. Nagy is not a good play caller. his ability to find a QB hasn’t been determined IMO.
There's two ways to look at that. Maybe he's not a good play caller because he didn't find success with Trubisky outside of 2018, leading to needing to give up play calling to Lazor who went with a different approach. Or perhaps Nagy is good at calling plays within a given system so long as he has the right guys to run the system.

I'm not a fan of system-only guys, so if Nagy needs to have certain guys to run his system or else he's fucked, then let's just get rid of him. Coach to the players you have, not the system.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I can't wait for the every 3rd play the infamous WR bubble Screen using Tarik Cohen and Mooney to do the blocking for a TE.

"Yea , uh.. on that play.....We saw something we liked on tape ..and it worked all week in practice. But we'd have one guy who couldn't quite get the job done, uh ya know.. and thats what it was.."

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There's two ways to look at that. Maybe he's not a good play caller because he didn't find success with Trubisky outside of 2018, leading to needing to give up play calling to Lazor who went with a different approach. Or perhaps Nagy is good at calling plays within a given system so long as he has the right guys to run the system.

I'm not a fan of system-only guys, so if Nagy needs to have certain guys to run his system or else he's fucked, then let's just get rid of him. Coach to the players you have, not the system.
this remains to be seen. as much as i think Nagy is too egotistical for his own good, in reality he’s had nothing but back up QBs to work with. In my opinion both can be true. Nagy can have too big of an ego, and also be handicapped by shit talent at QB.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pretty in-line with what's expected. His system requires a QB that can read a defense, make his progressions and deliver the ball accurately: something that Trubisky could never do. Dalton is better equipped to handle the duties. To me, this feels like the Bears' brass saying "ok so Trubisky sucks but prove to me your offense and your ability to run it works."
The onus is 100% back on Nagy. He can't hide behind anyone else's failures now.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
So what was the point of brining in Dalton?? I thought he was here to run Lazor’s offense?!?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
He was calling plays all last season besides a couple games. This is no surprise and i support it. Die on your sword Nagy.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does it even matter? Nagy, Lazor, Defilippo with Mitch, Foles and Dalton. Combine any of the two from each category and the difference in negligible in terms of the grand scheme of things. This team has no shot with any of these guys and as long as Pace is still here, they will continue to have no shot. Im good with Nagy+Dalton. Im hoping they fail spectacularly and force George to clean house again.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pretty in-line with what's expected. His system requires a QB that can read a defense, make his progressions and deliver the ball accurately: something that Trubisky could never do. Dalton is better equipped to handle the duties. To me, this feels like the Bears' brass saying "ok so Trubisky sucks but prove to me your offense and your ability to run it works."
To me it just feels like failure.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe we'll know if his play designs actually do run wr's into each other and on the same route paths after this year
What is the alternative explanation?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
HC Matt Nagy right now on who’s calling the plays this year: “I’m gonna be the one calling the plays this year ... the fun part right now is building what we wanna do better... getting that right.”

How many times has talked about the "fun part" of his failure.

The "fun part is building..."
The "fun part is recognizing what you did wrong and..."
The "fun part is watching a guy grow as a man and player...
The "fun part is going back and seeing what I need to improve on..."

Hey testicle head, the fun part is winning football games, period.