Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
High Expectations
Top Defense
Significant Investment on Offense

If Trubisky doesn't improve this year maybe another year with a different QB?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can we even get rid of Nagy with his contract?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
There's no way Nagy gets fired even if they go 4-12. Ownership are way too cheap.

I'm interested to see how the Pace/Nagy relationship goes through the last 6 weeks and they are getting pulled in different directions.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
With the way the offense as a whole is performing, the way he manages games and totally fucks it up, etc. Nagy should be fired imo.

He was brought in to take this offense to a new level. He has taken it a few steps backwards. His offense is worse than a Lovie-era offense. Just think about that. Ugh.

The only Matt Nagy positives, are that he's a rah rah guy. So I think players seem to like him. Great. But they play like shit for him.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I say no. Nagy has one good year and one horrendous year so far. I want to see him with a different QB before throwing him under the bus. What successful franchise continually has turnover at the HC position and is successful?

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
It’s even worse than his offense being bad: name one player that has improved from last year to now.
nagy has no clue how to run a team.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My biggest problems with Nagy are his team seems to have a "Superbowl hangover" when they didn't even win 1 playoff game and he refuses to adjust based on his personnel.

I think the second point is what makes Bill Belichick the best coach ever and is frankly damning against Nagy.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nagy was not responsible for the Trubisky selection, so I think he get a "get out of jail free" card for THIS year.

But the regression is under his watch and I am not sure how they can evaluate him for next year either if they decide to pursue a rookie QB.

If we were somehow able to get a running game going, perhaps the seat would not be so hot.

HOWEVER, if things really get out of control and we can not manage to compete in any of the remaining games, we do have TWO former HC's on staff that could become the interim HC........ So Pace and Ownership do have option.

I just don't think they make that dramatic leap...

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Pace is married to either Nagy or Trubisky, we as fans, are fucking screwed.

Ideally, he boots both of them.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Pace is married to either Nagy or Trubisky, we as fans, are fucking screwed.

Ideally, he boots both of them.

Pace drafted one and hired the other.... so not sure why someone would want to keep Pace but get rid of both of them?

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
They hired Nagy, knowing he was inexperienced. I think they’ll give him one more year to right this ship, but changes will be made during the off season... including a new OC, who will manage gameday playcalling.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy is a complete fraud and the Bears understand this.

I think the question isn't about keeping Nagy but about who they want selecting the next HC and QB.

The Bears are in a real quandry. They have probably 1-2 years left on a pretty good defense. I don't think they want to waste that on Nagy, but the also may not want Pace selecting a new HC and QB.

If we finish 6 wins or less, I don't think Nagy gets the boot, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Bears would eat the contract the money isn’t the issue

the issue is they are too football dumb. They need to hire guys like arcorsi to find a gm. They can’t do anything on their own. Not sure they are ready to go through the process again

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"Matt Nagy is going to step to the podium at the end of the season and say that Mitchell Trubisky is our guy. I'm telling you it's going to happen. They are not going to go in a say we are evaluating the position. I'm warning you Bears fans." -
@richeisen
on The Rich Eisen Show

FIRE EVERYONE

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They hired Nagy, knowing he was inexperienced. I think they’ll give him one more year to right this ship, but changes will be made during the off season... including a new OC, who will manage gameday playcalling.
I do think this is the smartest decision. Nagy has too much on his plate, and therefore doesn't do anything as well as he should.

So bring in a real OC (steal from the Reid coaching tree), and let Nagy focus on being a HC. He still won't be Belichek...but I bet he would be a lot better...

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I hate it I would put my money that both Nagy and Mitch are back for one more run at it next year.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They hired Nagy, knowing he was inexperienced

Who was hired by an inexperienced GM who drafted an inexperienced QB. I don't see how you dump them all for being who they are.

Nagy is going to have to re-staff his offense and Pace is going to have to bring in legitimate competition for Trubisky, but I would be shocked if any of those three are not back in 2020 and it is NOT because ownership is "cheap".