Nagy's Eye Contact @ Presser

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The new league rule this years says if your teams coach quit or was fired during the season you are allowed to request an interview with a coach from any team after week 16 to fill your head coaching vacancy after the year. Teams can deny the request but numerous head coaches said they wouldn't have a problem with it and would be happy to see one of their coaches get the chance to be a head coach. Jacksonville and the Raiders will be able to interview potential coaches after week 16s games. With Bears ownership knowing this, they have to can Nagy after the Seahawks game or sooner. It would be udder incompetence even for Ginny and the boys. Although, you have to wonder who is going to be doing the interviewing.
I believe all a team has to do is notify their HC he will not be retained to be able to interview candidates early. I heard/read that somewhere yesterday, anyway.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying he shouldn’t be fired. My point is it should be immediately. It’s unnecessary and harsh to have him keep showing up to work when everyone knows he’s done. Just cut ties already.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying he shouldn’t be fired. My point is it should be immediately. It’s unnecessary and harsh to have him keep showing up to work when everyone knows he’s done. Just cut ties already.
I don’t think they will fire him unless they absolutely have to. They will “honor” him by letting him finish the season.

Nothing stopping Nagy from walking away though, right?

BBBF

Liked Posts:
I don’t think they will fire him unless they absolutely have to. They will “honor” him by letting him finish the season.

Nothing stopping Nagy from walking away though, right?

His contract. They could tell him he will be terminated at the end of the year, but until then he is being paid to coach the Bears. He could quit, but he is leaving unearned money on the table + they could sue him for breaking the contract.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
His contract. They could tell him he will be terminated at the end of the year, but until then he is being paid to coach the Bears. He could quit, but he is leaving unearned money on the table + they could sue him for breaking the contract.
Well, then in some sick way, he’s earning his money…

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont....he called plays again....fucktard can't leave playbook alone and did not want to hire a OC
I feel the same way all the man had to do was hire a fucking offensive coordinator to come in and install a new offense and completely run the offense. With just an average offensive coordinator the defense would’ve carried this team to 9-11 wins, and Nagy could of been the hero

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wasn't a fan of the Nagy hire. And I was trashing him earlier in his tenure than most. But even I felt sorry for him last night too. He knows he's in over his head with this team, getting trashed by everyone, and that he's getting fired. That's tough.
I thanked because I get it but he's outside reality and a multimillionaire for his efforts. I can feel for him in the moment but not overall.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, yeah he’s made a lot of money. But still, keeping him around doesn’t benefit anyone, including the team.
It may actually depend on when we have our coordinators back. It's pretty rudderless as is but are you going to instantly make the current QB coach the HC, OC and QB coach at the same time? He should be informed and released at the 2 week window regardless but if they hire a HC and then change GM after, it's severely fucked up.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't feel sorry for him at all, he made this mess. He was an arrogant prick. He can fuck off.

As a human, I want to feel bad for another human being.

But as you said - this whole season is a construct of his hubris and him putting himself ahead of the team (sticking with bad vets to try to just hit .500 to save his job).

He sowed the wind - now he reaps the whirlwind...

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having made an estimated $7 mil per year Nagy does not require anyone's pity.

stelz

Heavily Medicated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Matt Nagy is a glorified quarterback’s coach. Ryan Pace is a glorified defensive scout. But most importantly, they are both super nice guys.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He knows hes gone what a beautiful sight. Good guy bad HC