National Media Annihilating Nagy and His Design

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't a fan of the Nagy hire. I thought he was riding Reid's coattails, not experienced enough to be a head coach, and called a horrible 2nd half in the KC playoff loss to the Titans (by not running the ball enough. Go figure). I also pointed our in 2018 that the offense was regressing in the 2nd half of the season (and was criticized for it). Last, I first called him a hack after the playoff loss to the Eagles. So I am obviously not a fan and am biased against him. But to suggest that he sabotaged or intentionally set Fields up to fail to show he wasn't ready makes zero fucking sense. In fact, it's ridiculous.

Perfect post!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
hitting rock bottom is the only way you can start to climb back up...lets hope last week was rock bottom.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
They don’t like it? They have been embarrassed for the most part of 37 years.
You don't understand. An 8 win season is not the type of embarrassment that gets the franchise going.

Having the entire national media talk about your bad your team played and that your coach should be fired, that is an embarrassment. And it is good that is happening. This franchise has its quirks and embarrassment is one of them. Trestman got fired in part because his OC leaked that Cutler was "killing" the Bears with his game management and Trestman was fired 3 weeks later.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The one good thing Nagy has done is to absolutely expose the McCaskeys as frauds when it comes to them saying they want to win. What they want is the money.

In the end of year press conference blow hard George was asked about bringing in a football guy and blow hard said they already have a football guy, he said it was Ryan Pace. Pace, the guy who hired Nagy, Pace, the guy who has assembled this oline and roster, Pace, the guy who has the team in cap hell and no draft picks, Pace, the guy with one of the oldest rosters in the league made up mainly of FA.

Blow hard George, who whined about how mommy was sooooo upset a few years ago about how the Bears got their asses whipped by the Packers. Guess what blow hard George, since your mommy has taken over this franchise the Bears have lost to the Packers almost every game they have played against them. There was once a point where the Bears held a substantial win/loss edge over the Packers, that has all been undone since your upset mommy took over.

Blow hard George, it's ALL MOMMY FAULT you idiot.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else listen to Stephen A Smith today?.

I normally don't like him, but he just excoriated Nagy and Pace..Said they both should go
His panel agreed!

jc456

Liked Posts:
I wasn't a fan of the Nagy hire. I thought he was riding Reid's coattails, not experienced enough to be a head coach, and called a horrible 2nd half in the KC playoff loss to the Titans (by not running the ball enough. Go figure). I also pointed our in 2018 that the offense was regressing in the 2nd half of the season (and was criticized for it). Last, I first called him a hack after the playoff loss to the Eagles. So I am obviously not a fan and am biased against him. But to suggest that he sabotaged or intentionally set Fields up to fail to show he wasn't ready makes zero fucking sense. In fact, it's ridiculous.
even the national media saw it like Nagy set up Fields to fail. That's tough to discount.

Even his own comments suggest that he intentionally ignored using Fields' strength because Cleveland knew them. I don't know, seems like a confession to me.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:

He wouldn't shut up about how he learned from that KC playoff game.

Before the disaster on Sunday he said he would need to remind himself to call plays to Justins strengths. He is an idiot.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The most damning and probably the thing that makes firing Nagy midseason is that he is supposed to be an offensive "genius/guru" (whatever you want to call it) and finally bring a respectable offense to the Bears. The fact that the offense is a worse as it ever has been, should be justification enough to move on.

The Bears wanted an offense, and Nagy has failed miserably at that. At least Trestman brought some production on that side of the ball.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The most damning and probably the thing that makes firing Nagy midseason is that he is supposed to be an offensive "genius/guru" (whatever you want to call it) and finally bring a respectable offense to the Bears. The fact that the offense is a worse as it ever has been, should be justification enough to move on.

The Bears wanted an offense, and Nagy has failed miserably at that. At least Trestman brought some production on that side of the ball.
He sold them on being able to succeed with mitch to get hired. They gave him another chance with foles. Somehow he convinced them a 6 game losing streak was a positive and got a chance with Dalton and his hand picked guy in Fields. No matter how unready Fields was, the performance last week should never happen. His tenure has been a disaster and he hasn't shown a single positive on his side of the ball.