2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3 SF's for the East hahaha

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
3 SF's for the East hahaha
LOL.....true.

The starters should be selected by position....PG, SG, SF, PF, C

Then the reserves can be chosen by any position.....Best Player Available.

BTW, Kobe should not have been voted in. It reminds me of all those years Yao Ming was voted in over Shaq.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You can thank commissioner Stern for making the Center position irrelevant.

He thinks fans just want to see SFs shooting 3s and flopping every time someone touches them like Euro style.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I kinda thought DJ Augustin outplayed Kyrie Irving the other night. :shrug:

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Kobe Bryant appreciates All-Star votes but has no desire to play

Thanks for the All-Star votes, Kobe Bryant wanted his fans to know, but, uh, don't expect him to play in the game.

When Bryant was announced Thursday as a starter in the Feb. 16 game, he said it was "always a tremendous honor" but had no desire to play in New Orleans that weekend.

"No, I don't think so," he said flatly.

How come?

"With all due respect to the fans who voted me in, and I certainly appreciate that ... but you've got to do the right thing as well. My feeling is you've got to reward these young guys for the work that they've been putting in," Bryant said.

Cognizant he played only six games this season because of injuries, Bryant lobbied twice this month for younger Western Conference guards to get the starting nod, specifically Portland's Damian Lillard.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...rs-fyi-20140124,0,5226870.story#ixzz2rK79imbs

:clap: Good call, Kobe.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
D. Wade? Has he played half the games this season? Though with Kobe "starting" for the West i guess i shouldnt be suprised.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Can somebody explain to me why Fisch isn't starting for the East.... :shifty:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
LOL.....true.

BTW, Kobe should not have been voted in. It reminds me of all those years Yao Ming was voted in over Shaq.

No they shouldn't, because GMs don't put teams together that way anymore. Plus Melo and Lebron have both played power forward.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL.....true.

NBA really needs to fix the voting and make it more structured..like how the NFL is. The votes are divided. This prevents washed up players/injured players from getting starting nods.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
No they shouldn't, because GMs don't put teams together that way anymore. Plus Melo and Lebron have both played power forward.
Well, there's no point in having defined positions anymore. They need to remove "positions" from the high school & college ranks, then.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
From a schematic, positions have evolved. There are more combo guards playing the point, than point guards, more power forwards playing center, than centers, and who knows what a small forward is anymore. The only reason any of us know what each other is talking about when it comes to position, is when we associate common players as a reference. Which means it's just based on perception more than anything else.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm really surprised Kevin Love got the starting nod. He was quite a bit away from Dwight in terms of votes not to long ago.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'm really surprised Kevin Love got the starting nod. He was quite a bit away from Dwight in terms of votes not to long ago.

laker fans, magic fans and ppl that dont like dwight

the dwightmare turned allot of ppl against him

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
laker fans, magic fans and ppl that dont like dwight

the dwightmare turned allot of ppl against him
nba.com says Minnesota did a huge social media advocacy thing right before the voting closed. Might've had a hand in it as well.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From a schematic, positions have evolved. There are more combo guards playing the point, than point guards, more power forwards playing center, than centers, and who knows what a small forward is anymore. The only reason any of us know what each other is talking about when it comes to position, is when we associate common players as a reference. Which means it's just based on perception more than anything else.
JIMMY BUTLER IS A SMALL FORWARD NOT A SHOOTING GUARD!!!!!!!!! :smug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How the heck did Kyrie get in over Wall? Guess it doesn't matter since they both would've gotten in anyway. Wade's selection is a joke. Kobe's is pure popularity, Lillard should take his spot in the actual game though...he's been balling.

I'm curious to see whether Noah will make it back in this year. Imo it's a no brainer with the candidates that the East has. Hibbert, Bosh, Noah, Drummond, Wall, Stephenson, and Derozan is probably what it'll end up being.

The West should be a lot more interesting, especially if Westbrook and CP3 both have to miss. I think it should be Parker, Harden, and Thompson in the backcourt if they're both out and Dwight, Aldridge, Cousins, and Davis in the frontcourt.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
At least Iverson isn't winning these votes anymore.