NBA All Star Voting/Southern cities better than Cleveland

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should get Joakim Noah's opinion on Cleveland.
As funny as that was, Cleveland isn't that bad. It's basically a tiny version of Chicago. Definitely not the best place to go on vacation but its a hell of a lot cheaper to live out here in Medina county in Ohio

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As funny as that was, Cleveland isn't that bad. It's basically a tiny version of Chicago. Definitely not the best place to go on vacation but its a hell of a lot cheaper to live out here in Medina county in Ohio
Knox, you been to Cleveland?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know who ends up making it but here are the players that absolutely should not miss the game:

East:
Durant, Antetokounmpo, Embiid, DeRozan, LaVine, Butler, Harden, Young

West:
Curry, Jokic, Doncic, James, Paul, Gobert, George, Mitchell, Morant, Booker

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Then you should know, that's the asshole of this country
Only if you’re a simple minded asshole in general

There are some absolutely wonderful places in the South

Pretty wild that you think Cleveland is better than the entire Southern part of this country somehow

@SilenceS your take? I know you’re a southerner, not too many I know of on CCS

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Pretty wild that you think Cleveland is better than the entire Southern part of this country somehow

My understanding is most Southern cities are fine. Granted, I've been to zero of them.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I don't know who ends up making it but here are the players that absolutely should not miss the game:

East:
Durant, Antetokounmpo, Embiid, DeRozan, LaVine, Butler, Harden, Young

West:
Curry, Jokic, Doncic, James, Paul, Gobert, George, Mitchell, Morant, Booker
Harden should not miss the concession stands at the all star game. So he can keep working on his tractor traylor physique

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

A lot of yankees have this condescending attitude towards the south but most have never been there, and it's ironic that they will call southerners bigots while being bigoted against the south.

I've never been to the south myself but this attitude exists between northern Illinoisans and southern Illinoisans. Urban elitist snooty contempt for the rural folk.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A lot of yankees have this condescending attitude towards the south but most have never been there, and it's ironic that they will call southerners bigots while being bigoted against the south.

I've never been to the south myself but this attitude exists between northern Illinoisans and southern Illinoisans. Urban elitist snooty contempt for the rural folk.
Yeah, I think there’s definitely a dynamic of city vs rural. But like you said, there’s also a north > south that northerners have…and I’m originally a northerner saying this. I’ve lived in both. I’ve lived in the Midwest, southeast, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. And I can say there are things I love about all of those places, and things I don’t like so much about them all

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I like the south…at least the places I’ve been. Not counting Mississippi….Mississippi was an unimaginable dump. At least the town I visited. I enjoyed Alabama, Louisiana and Tennessee though.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Heeehawww

But really, I've lived in Oklahoma and I've been to the deep south.

Cleveland is way better. Way, way better. Not East Cleveland but everywhere else.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Heeehawww

But really, I've lived in Oklahoma and I've been to the deep south.

Cleveland is way better. Way, way better. Not East Cleveland but everywhere else.
I have lived in Oklahoma as well as living in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama. Cleveland ain’t better than the places I’ve lived in those states other than maybe Mississippi

But go ahead and cling to Cleveland being better than everywhere in the south, I’d expect nothing less

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have lived in Oklahoma as well as living in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama. Cleveland ain’t better than the places I’ve lived in those states other than maybe Mississippi

But go ahead and cling to Cleveland being better than everywhere in the south, I’d expect nothing less
Where in Oklahoma did you live? My sister lived in Enid, OK for a few years, and well I probably would prefer Cleveland over this place. The only cool part was some smallish mountains we climbed 40 miles away.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like the south…at least the places I’ve been. Not counting Mississippi….Mississippi was an unimaginable dump. At least the town I visited. I enjoyed Alabama, Louisiana and Tennessee though.
I've been to the Smokey's in Tennessee, Asheville in NC (@knoxville7 I guess this actually qualifies as a city in the South, so I have been to one), and I guess Arlington, VA (more DC suburbs than Virginia, so I don't really consider it "The South"). So all in all fairly touristy and while you certainly can get a taste of southern culture in some of those places, it certainly isn't a deep south feeling.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Where in Oklahoma did you live? My sister lived in Enid, OK for a few years, and well I probably would prefer Cleveland over this place. The only cool part was some smallish mountains we climbed 40 miles away.
Tulsa, OK for about two years waaay back in high school. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone that enjoys nightlife and such

I can agree Cleveland might be better than there at least lol

I would suggest Rami try out Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Charlotte, and Atlanta for southern cities better than Cleveland. There’s others I’m sure, but not as familiar with them as these cities I listed

And there’s a lot of less populated areas that are better than Cleveland…but for comparisons sake we will keep it to cities for more of an apples to apples comparison

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Tulsa, OK for about two years waaay back in high school. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone that enjoys nightlife and such

I can agree Cleveland might be better than there at least lol

I would suggest Rami try out Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans, Charlotte, and Atlanta for southern cities better than Cleveland. There’s others I’m sure, but not as familiar with them as these cities I listed

And there’s a lot of less populated areas that are better than Cleveland…but for comparisons sake we will keep it to cities for more of an apples to apples comparison
I'd throw San Antonio into that mix as well. I am from the south (central Florida) and been all around. SA was definitely a fun place.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been to Cleveland and Atlanta and I can safely say Atlanta is better than Cleveland by a long shot.