I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'd throw San Antonio into that mix as well. I am from the south (central Florida) and been all around. SA was definitely a fun place.
Yeah, I was going to mention some places in Texas, but then I figured I’d get push back about how that’s not part of the “Deep South,” since most just think of the southeast when they mention the south.

Hell, otherwise, you could throw LA and San Diego in the mix too since they are certainly in the southern half of the US lol

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Yeah, I was going to mention some places in Texas, but then I figured I’d get push back about how that’s not part of the “Deep South,” since most just think of the southeast when they mention the south.

Hell, otherwise, you could throw LA and San Diego in the mix too since they are certainly in the southern half of the US lol
I've been told the same about Florida when saying I am from the south. "That isn't the south." is a popular response. I guess it depends on where in Florida. Don't remember a whole lot of Florida but from same area as Ray Lewis in Polk County.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I've been told the same about Florida when saying I am from the south. "That isn't the south." is a popular response. I guess it depends on where in Florida. Don't remember a whole lot of Florida but from same area as Ray Lewis in Polk County.
Shit tbh, I’m kinda guilty of that. Didn’t even think about cities like Miami as being on the list of southern cities better than Cleveland lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Shit tbh, I’m kinda guilty of that. Didn’t even think about cities like Miami as being on the list of southern cities better than Cleveland lol
I've been to the Miami airport. It was a shithole.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Atlanta is definitely a diamond in the rough. I'd prefer Cleveland over Memphis, from what I've seen. I wouldn't count Miami in the southern category as much as the SE/coastal category. San Antonio is amazing but that's the Midwest, which I suppose you could throw Oklahoma into as well.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Atlanta is definitely a diamond in the rough. I'd prefer Cleveland over Memphis, from what I've seen. I wouldn't count Miami in the southern category as much as the SE/coastal category. San Antonio is amazing but that's the Midwest, which I suppose you could throw Oklahoma into as well.
San Antonio is the Midwest?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
San Antonio is the Midwest?
I always thought Midwest applied to the region of the US right in the middle of the nation (middle of the western hemisphere above the equator). I guess Oklahoma and Texas are considered more of the south.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I always thought Midwest applied to the region of the US right in the middle of the nation (middle of the western hemisphere above the equator). I guess Oklahoma and Texas are considered more of the south.
Based on my learning of US geography on a state by state basis, I'd say San Antonio is in the Southwest. The Midwest on a state-by-state basis is Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri. Many of these states get broken down into subgroups.

The Southwest would be Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas with arguments for Utah and Colorado joining them.

Even if you broke this down more locally and not by just states, San Antonio is still not the Midwest. I don't think there is any case where San Antonio is not part of the Southwest.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Based on my learning of US geography on a state by state basis, I'd say San Antonio is in the Southwest. The Midwest on a state-by-state basis is Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri. Many of these states get broken down into subgroups.

The Southwest would be Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas with arguments for Utah and Colorado joining them.

Even if you broke this down more locally and not by just states, San Antonio is still not the Midwest. I don't think there is any case where San Antonio is not part of the Southwest.
Ultimately, what needs to be taken from this is that it’s better than Cleveland ?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm definitely feeling like VanVleet and Garland would be snubs in the East.