CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I’m sure owners fought hard for those 5 games.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Oh no not one of those condensed seasons again. That was so brutal on the players after the lockout. Rose had a ton of issues that year with his back and groin and he kept rushing back. I believe that played a significant part in him tearing his ACL.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh no not one of those condensed seasons again. That was so brutal on the players after the lockout. Rose had a ton of issues that year with his back and groin and he kept rushing back. I believe that played a significant part in him tearing his ACL.
What do you want them to do? They have to get back to normal schedule. They were also due to lose a ton of money if they didnt start then. I think we the NBA move to this schedule yearly now though. They been wanting to push back the start of the season to Christmas time.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What do you want them to do? They have to get back to normal schedule. They were also due to lose a ton of money if they didnt start then. I think we the NBA move to this schedule yearly now though. They been wanting to push back the start of the season to Christmas time.
From my understanding is this season will still go longer than tradition so games are spread out and we don't have a 2011-12 type season where teams are playing back to back to back's.

I also think pushing back to Christmas to start every season is a mistake. Not sure what they're trying to aim at here, unless its to have their playoffs be independent of any other sports playoffs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All a money game, I believe both players and owners stood to lose a lot of money by pushing it back to January. Not sure how they calculate that but it is what it is.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
What do you want them to do?

Not try to cram a (near) full regular season in. Though i understand its about money as clone pointed out.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I saw something where they wanted 20-25% fans. But Im guessing that hinges on local regulations. Don't see that happening in Chicago anytime soon.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
From my understanding is this season will still go longer than tradition so games are spread out and we don't have a 2011-12 type season where teams are playing back to back to back's.

I also think pushing back to Christmas to start every season is a mistake. Not sure what they're trying to aim at here, unless its to have their playoffs be independent of any other sports playoffs.
Avoid other sports. They said the season will end at the same time as normal with this schedule. They are probably going to relax on load management due to the short turnaround. They had to start then or they would have lost over half a billion dollars

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All a money game, I believe both players and owners stood to lose a lot of money by pushing it back to January. Not sure how they calculate that but it is what it is.
They are saying the number is over half a billion. That's wasn't going to happen lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are saying the number is over half a billion. That's wasn't going to happen lol
Yeah I heard that too. If that number was remotely accurate then yeah no way the players were gonna take that hit to their paychecks lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I saw something where they wanted 20-25% fans. But Im guessing that hinges on local regulations. Don't see that happening in Chicago anytime soon.
I was hearing 25-50% depending on local regulations...I'm guessing Chicago will keep it to as low a number as they can. Will be interesting to see how it gets implemented

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Not Covid. Not Biden.

Future generations will remember 2020 as the breakout year for this future GOAT:

1604692770235.png