CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
btw, and I'm prepared for my bashing here: Zion has the look of someone who is going to balloon once he gets that check. I don't think it's good that he's in King Cake country. Furthermore, if I were GarPax, I would have preferred the #2 pick, because I would have been picking Ja no matter what, and the #2 pick gets them out of hearing the bitching about passing on Zion.
Here is that smart guy I was referring to in the other thread.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lonzo Ball sucks. He does not make this team better in the short term, nor long term.

Dude gets to the foul line once a game, and only makes 46% of them. He has no value. Trading the 7th pick for him is an awful trade.
Here's that smart guy I was talking about.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Agreed!

Just had to keep the ego in check a bit!
I'm gladly eating crow on that one.

I'm also trying to think of why I would have thought that (although I think I didn't like the idea of trading for him last season), and the only thing I can come up with is his father. Which is completely unfair.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I'm also trying to think of why I would have thought that (although I think I didn't like the idea of trading for him last season), and the only thing I can come up with is his father. Which is completely unfair.
Unfair, but understandable. I had a grudge against Lonzo coming out of college because of his dad. That, and initially he couldn’t shoot

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I also think many of us underestimated his defensive prowess. The shooting thing took some convincing also since we all remembered his horrible splits with the Lakers but didn't as readily account for his improvement in NO.

Several criticisms still hold true though, he doesn't get to the line a lot, can't really shoot off the dribble, doesn't really finish well in the paint (minus an open drive here or there). His strengths play to the team though and his weaknesses we can live with.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lonzo Ball is still young and improving. His shooting improved dramatically. I thought he will never learn how to shoot. He worked hard and did.

Give him time to learn from Lavine and Demar. They are great teachers. Not like Lebron who had no patience and want to win now.