1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Discuss.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'd be down with Harrell if he wanted to sign for the MLE.

If you have to move assets & trade anything short of Felicio and/or Kornet to sign him for more then pass.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you have to move assets & trade anything short of Felicio and/or Kornet to sign him for more then pass.

Yeah that interest makes no sense. Not good news for one of Lauri and Carter.
I really hope they don't get heavy handed and lose Lauri Markenen before giving it a chance. Donovan developed Horford and Noah, used Adams well. I'd like to see LM in his system. I don't think you give up a 3 point shooter with that rebounding ability and agile length.

Lauri is a definitive championship team role player piece. I don't know that we have another. We need two superstars to compete like anybody else. I'm open to trading anyone else but excited to see White/Carter Jr/Lavine with new coaching too.

Lavine reminds me of like Melo's little brother or something. Not sure you can win with him as one of your superstars. He is paid too much to fit into a trio, like put Lavine w/ Lebron and Anthony Davis and they will fuck you up, don't get me wrong, but in terms of roster construction Lauri is a winning player and Lavine is a losing player.

Montrez Harrell does almost nothing for me. What would that do? Grit? I'd take Wendall Carter in a fight even though he is soft spoken. Montrez feels like he is trying too hard.

This interest alone disturbs me about AK because Harrell isn't the type of guy you want to sign second hand. Think about when the decline happened with Ben Wallace or Dwight Howard!! That big body athlete is great when they are young and spry...he didn't get here on skill and doesn't have that type of coordination for basketball longevity. His time is almost over...so if I'm keeping score that would be a -1 for AK. Don't like it at all.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yeah...if your looking for a gritty piece and can replace the Felicio contract with Harrell...great. If you overpay Harrell it won't end well. Its not a Felicio level pulled hamstring but you need alot better basketball occurring around Harrell than we have seen from the Bulls for him to be successful. He ins't going to get easy looks without Aldridge, Lou Williams, Reddick, and the other floor stretching talent he has fed off in Los Angeles.

This reminds me of paying Danny Trevaithon, the 11th best player on a championship Denver defense. Great glue guy...but for the love of god don't pay him that much.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Any chance Donovan can convince A Davis to come back home?

having a legit head coach is certainly a step in the right direction. Still a long shot I’m sure

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any chance Donovan can convince A Davis to come back home?
Yeah...I just came here to talk about who can we get or get to come home?

Would Davis bounce a cap strapped Lakers team before Lebron fades...at what 45 years old? Whats going on there.
lol. But no, I think Davis is going to be the future in L.A. longterm. Brow of the franchise.

Embiid seems like a sociopath, if we could pay him the most..which means trade for him and max extend an injury prone player.

The risks you have to take.

Simmons is probably the right player for the Bulls...is that too much to hope for? Push's White to SG, opens up Lauri to stretch...

Simmons-Lavine-PorterJr-Lauri-Carter

with White in the Jerry Stackhouse role could actually be pretty damn good, imo.
Maybe Ball is the poor mans options there.

Plus we got this draft pick coming...so its

Simmons-Lavine-Deny-Lauri-Carter
White 6th man of year.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah...I just came here to talk about who can we get or get to come home?

Would Davis bounce a cap strapped Lakers team before Lebron fades...at what 45 years old? Whats going on there.
lol. But no, I think Davis is going to be the future in L.A. longterm. Brow of the franchise.

Embiid seems like a sociopath, if we could pay him the most..which means trade for him and max extend an injury prone player.

The risks you have to take.

Simmons is probably the right player for the Bulls...is that too much to hope for? Push's White to SG, opens up Lauri to stretch...

Simmons-Lavine-PorterJr-Lauri-Carter

with White in the Jerry Stackhouse role could actually be pretty damn good, imo.
Maybe Ball is the poor mans options there.

Plus we got this draft pick coming...so its

Simmons-Lavine-Deny-Lauri-Carter
White 6th man of year.

I personally love watching Ben Simmons play. He would of been amazing in the 1980’s. Problem is, the game today has such an emphasis on 3pt shooting and he can’t shoot from the outside. Like no joke, I can shoot 3’s better than simmons. I just don’t think he’s a fit for what the bulls need.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doc Rivers is apparently out in LA.

Surprised, but it needed to happen.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A guy id love to see somehow end up in a bulls uni next year is Fred vanvleet. Guy knows how to get the ball where it needs to go, a solid penetrator, and can shoot the ball from 3.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Doc Rivers survived longer than he should have. I don't dislike him, but I sure think he is overrated. Got alot of mileage out of winning one title with Garnett, Pierce, Allen and Rondo.