NBA Top 10 Players of All Time

Liked Posts:
Obviously we've done this before...but with Kobe climbing higher and higher on the Mt. Everest of the NBA with face-altering instruments in hand, I think it's time to revisit our "Top 10 Players of All-Time" list.

Great thing about sports is, you never know WHAT'S gonna happen - so with that said, who are YOUR top 10 greatest players of all-time and why?

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
10.Karl Malone
9.Iverson
8.LeBron James
7.Jerry West
6.Kareem
5.Magic Johnson
4.Tim Duncan
3.Kobe Bryant
2.Wilt Chamberlain
1.Michael Jordan

But the best answer in this question is the answer the greatest one gives:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjvA8ew5RQ]NBA 2K12 - Michael Jordan Invitation - YouTube[/ame]

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kobe is a falling star. He's already eclipsed and is not as good as he was in his prime.

1. Michael Jordan
2a. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2b. Wilt Chamberlain
2c. Magic Johnson
5a. Hakeem Olajuwon
5b. Larry Bird
5c. Shaquille O'Neal
5d. Kobe Bryant
9a. LeBron James
10a. Bill Russell
10b. Oscar Robertson
10c. Moses Malone

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
do you really have 12 people in your top 10 list? Way to step out there bruh.

Too many players are interchangeable to leave some out of the top 10.

Did you even make a list at all? Seems as though you didn't, bruh, so I technically "stepped out there" more than you.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
1.Michael Jordan
2.Larry Bird
3.Kareem
4.Magic
5.Bill Russell
6.Hakeem
7.Wilt
8.Shaq
9.Kobe
10.Duncan

i think some of those guys could be shuffled a little but thats my top 10

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1.Michael Jordan
2.Larry Bird
3.Kareem
4.Magic
5.Bill Russell
6.Hakeem
7.Wilt
8.Shaq
9.Kobe
10.Duncan

i think some of those guys could be shuffled a little but thats my top 10

It's nice to see a Spurs' fan with enough objectivity and knowledge to place Hakeem over Timmy.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Make your own list before you critique someone else's list. LOL...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's nice to see a Spurs' fan with enough objectivity and knowledge to place Hakeem over Timmy.

tim never had the offensive game that hakeem had(who, as a big man, probably had one of the most polished offensive post games in the history of the NBA)...hakeem was also a more premier shot blocker

tim was and still is very cerebral as a player, which is an advantage for him..and in his prime he did things you really that would astound you...but i take hakeem over him any day

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tim never had the offensive game that hakeem had(who, as a big man, probably had one of the most polished offensive post games in the history of the NBA)...hakeem was also a more premier shot blocker

tim was and still is very cerebral as a player, which is an advantage for him..and in his prime he did things you really that would astound you...but i take hakeem over him any day

I think Hakeem's foot work is what really puts him over the top for me. He was a soccer player before he ever played basketball and it really paid off. He made great defensive players like David Robinson look silly. Duncan had the slight size advantage but Olajuwon had the clear athleticism advantage.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Hakeem's foot work is what really puts him over the top for me. He was a soccer player before he ever played basketball and it really paid off. He made great defensive players like David Robinson look silly. Duncan had the slight size advantage but Olajuwon had the clear athleticism advantage.

ya, thats why his post game was fantastic:great feet

a little OT, but if you want your kid to be a good athlete you start him off with soccer at a young age because its a relatively good base for other sports(especially with regards to teaching coordination and foot work)

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ya, thats why his post game was fantastic:great feet

a little OT, but if you want your kid to be a good athlete you start him off with soccer at a young age because its a relatively good base for other sports(especially with regards to teaching coordination and foot work)

It does seem like a lot of the basketball players from overseas have that fundamental soccer skill set more-so than a lot of players these days.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
thut

RSPSStatsNBA20022012plusKD.png

NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
11× NBA All-Star (2000–2010)
4× NBA scoring champion (1999, 2001–2002, 2005)
He took a team with a 18-64 record and lead them to the NBA Finals

bwilde

Liked Posts:
1.Michael Jordan
2.kareem
3.magic
4.bird
5.Bill Russell
6.Hakeem
7.Wilt
8.dr J (aba career considered)
9.Karl malone
10.oscar Robertson

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
thut

RSPSStatsNBA20022012plusKD.png

NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
11× NBA All-Star (2000–2010)
4× NBA scoring champion (1999, 2001–2002, 2005)
He took a team with a 18-64 record and lead them to the NBA Finals

tracy mcgrady is 4th on the playoffs list

elgin baylor and george gervin are in the top 5,10 scoring wise

are any of those 3 guys in the top 10 all time? no

problem is there are alot of other guys who have much better cases than allen iverson for the top 10...bob pettit,lebron,dirk,etc.

iverson can be argued as a top 25 player...i think that is reasonable..top 10 i just dont see...

he was a great scorer, but also a bit volume(42.5% for his career shooting..hell he had one season where he was under 40% and averaged 31 PPG), decent passer for a PG

just because he's a great scorer doesnt mean he's necessarily going to be in the top 10, alot of other things you have to take into account

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
He was a leader and a clutch player too.Scoring in the playoffs is not the same thing than scoring in general. He took a very bad team and lead them in the Finals. Not many players have done something like this.

And of course he is in MY top10. I can't think why someone would let him out of the best20 players of all time. For me he was one of the best. Just like Duncan. The guy is a key factor this year at his 35.

And T-Mac isn't a 11 times all star player.

Last edited: