NBA trade deadline discussion

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Demar has also never really had to play second fiddle to anyone, except maybe here with Zach.

Imo the whole "two ball dominant guys can't play together" idea is overblown anyway. We've seen it done time and time again
I think the Miami Heat of 2011-2014 dispelled all of that.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Demar has also never really had to play second fiddle to anyone, except maybe here with Zach.

Imo the whole "two ball dominant guys can't play together" idea is overblown anyway. We've seen it done time and time again
Never said 2 ball dominant guys can’t play together.

The difference between Kyrie and Demar again is that one can be ball dominant within the offense. The other is strictly iso basketball with 4 guys standing around with their dicks in their hands

It’s why the bulls are last in the nba in passes leading to assists %

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never said 2 ball dominant guys can’t play together.

The difference between Kyrie and Demar again is that one can be ball dominant within the offense. The other is strictly iso basketball with 4 guys standing around with their dicks in their hands

It’s why the bulls are last in the nba in passes leading to assists %
Where are you getting that stat? Just curious because I haven't seen it before

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Where are you getting that stat? Just curious because I haven't seen it before

apologies, they are only the 3rd worst not THE worst lol

it comes from second spectrum

And it’s the % of their passes that lead to an assist opportunity, so that takes away any thoughts of, well maybe the bulls just miss a lot of open looks

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

apologies, they are only the 3rd worst not THE worst lol

it comes from second spectrum

And it’s the % of their passes that lead to an assist opportunity, so that takes away any thoughts of, well maybe the bulls just miss a lot of open looks
Is this the same stat? Teams Passing | Stats | NBA.com

If so, I guess somehow Bulls got better, though they did have many assists last game, well above their season average which maybe that did it.

Not really saying anything about the stat in particular, but interesting to see the Clippers currently last in that category. Not much separating the Bulls and the Nets either. Cleveland and Philly also seem relatively low on this list. Just observations

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is this the same stat? Teams Passing | Stats | NBA.com

If so, I guess somehow Bulls got better, though they did have many assists last game, well above their season average which maybe that did it.

Not really saying anything about the stat in particular, but interesting to see the Clippers currently last in that category. Not much separating the Bulls and the Nets either. Cleveland and Philly also seem relatively low on this list. Just observations
No, if you read the article I linked, you’ll see they come in at like 14.4% in the stat they use. It’s apparently some big shot analytics firm that you have to pay to see their analytics. The ESPN article must have access to it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, if you read the article I linked, you’ll see they come in at like 14.4% in the stat they use. It’s apparently some big shot analytics firm that you have to pay to see their analytics. The ESPN article must have access to it
Yeah I read the article and saw that number. I just happened to also see the stats at NBA.com were "powered by second spectrum" so was just curious if they were the same, or even related.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah I read the article and saw that number. I just happened to also see the stats at NBA.com were "powered by second spectrum" so was just curious if they were the same, or even related.
Interesting, I’d assume they must have some relation then. Hafta look into it more

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah ...

After reading our likely plan to trade one of DD, Vuc, or Zach...that made sense.

If I want to win now then Vuc is the man out because Lavine would be in a gift box sold low right now. Some injuries take a year, you cross that bridge next year.

If you get a great offer on DeRozan take it, but otherwise Vuc is the odd man out.

A modest replacement for him as part of a larger move makes sense. They kind of need a PG back ..

So Vuc out, Van Fleet in and roll with Drummond and HG...

That sounds like AA is on the right track and willing to admit a mistake for the best course of this team going fwd.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Van Fleet/Ball/Ayo,
Lavine, White
DD/Terry,
Williams/Green,
HG/Drummond,

I guess. Should probably nuke this team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There will be no trades for the Bulls

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls have no reason to make any move.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Or every reason?
For us fans they have every reason to. For the people in the front office, they have zero reason to do anything.

They aren't going to blow up the team, there really isn't anyone to acquire who is going to make any difference the rest of this season, and they don't need to save cap space.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I just don't get why teams think they can get anything from the Lakers.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
crazy that two teams above the Lakers in the western conference standings seemed to help the Lakers get better without getting much of a return.

The Jazz clearly just wanted to dump salary and get a future (possible) pick.

The wolves maybe get a little better if Conley proves to be a a better fit than Russell was, but at his age, he won't really benefit them much in a year or 2.

Meanwhile, the Lakers get 3 younger players that fit what they need next to LBJ and AD. And they didn't have to give up two first round picks like many thought they would have to if they wanted to get rid of Westbrook.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
crazy that two teams above the Lakers in the western conference standings seemed to help the Lakers get better without getting much of a return.

The Jazz clearly just wanted to dump salary and get a future (possible) pick.

The wolves maybe get a little better if Conley proves to be a a better fit than Russell was, but at his age, he won't really benefit them much in a year or 2.

Meanwhile, the Lakers get 3 younger players that fit what they need next to LBJ and AD. And they didn't have to give up two first round picks like many thought they would have to if they wanted to get rid of Westbrook.
I think people are overthinking this. I dont see how they get much better. Russell is not a player or a3rd I would say. AD gives no fucks and Lebron is still good at 38 but he cant go back to backs at all. Its a desperate move and think its just headlines cause Lakers and LBJ