Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think people are overthinking this. I dont see how they get much better. Russell is not a player or a3rd I would say. AD gives no fucks and Lebron is still good at 38 but he cant go back to backs at all. Its a desperate move and think its just headlines cause Lakers and LBJ

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this move makes the Lakers contenders. At best, it will help them make the playoffs and then probably get bounced in the first round. Best case scenario, they make it to the semifinals.

As for D Lo, I agree that he isn't amazing... but I think he could make a decent impact next to the right guys, and I think AD and LBJ would take a lot of pressure off of him.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Seems to me that many on here have finally figured out Westbrook isn’t good for team success. I swear many on here were all about him a few years back

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bridges and 4 1sts for a 34 year old who is never healthy. 35, 55, and 39 games so far this year in each of Durant’s last 3. If you’re hardly available, you’re not much use. Suns better hope he’s healthy and in prime form for the playoffs. Not just this season….but the next 3 that he’s signed for at 47, 51, and 54 mil per the next 3 ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Seems to me that many on here have finally figured out Westbrook isn’t good for team success. I swear many on here were all about him a few years back
He's aged and lost much of his former ability, and then refuses to believe he has lost it.... so yeah he isn't good for team success... He may have never been, but I would have taken him back in his prime.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bridges and 4 1sts for a 34 year old who is never healthy. 35, 55, and 39 games so far this year in each of Durant’s last 3. If you’re hardly available, you’re not much use. Suns better hope he’s healthy and in prime form for the playoffs. Not just this season….but the next 3 that he’s signed for at 47, 51, and 54 mil per the next 3 ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️
If KD stays healthy the rest of the year and wins Phoenix a ship, nothing else matters.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Even at his age would have been cool to see him a Bull

But if that’s the going price for blockbuster trades now like we saw last offseason bulls should have blown things up. They could have got a killing back in return

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Interesting reshape in NBA landscape.

If healthy, Durant makes Phoenix insta-favorites in the West. They got some work to do to climb the standings, but they're not all that far back from #3. Catching Denver may be tough at 8.5 games back.

Brooklyn went from #2 prior to Durant getting injured to probably a lower level playoff team now. I think the players they have acquired for Durant and Kyrie keep them competitive enough to stay in the playoffs. But I would expect them to fall further in the standings.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've heard rumors that the Raptors were looking to deal OG, but then I see on Twitter that they might be trading for Poetl. It's amazing what one move does to other franchises.

FYI: Bulls cancelled their shootaround.

CC: @Scoot26

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've heard rumors that the Raptors were looking to deal OG, but then I see on Twitter that they might be trading for Poetl. It's amazing what one move does to other franchises.

Zach, Demar, and Vuc being traded for a top 59 protected 2nd rounder.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Supposedly the Poeltl trade is a done deal, though only saying so because Woj announced the trade details

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A trade flying under the radar amidst the madness, Knicks traded Cam Reddish and a 1st for Josh Hart. Hart was Brunson's teammate at Villanova so he was pretty stoked.

Decent trade for the Knicks as Reddish was completely in Thibs' doghouse and they get back a player who probably fits Thibs' style while giving them some wing depth they need

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If KD stays healthy the rest of the year and wins Phoenix a ship, nothing else matters.
Also, the Wolves gave up more for Gobert than the Suns did for KD. Think about that

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also, the Wolves gave up more for Gobert than the Suns did for KD. Think about that
Well the Wolves just really helped out the Lakers too.. soo clearly they're run by a bunch of morons.