1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Teams just keep trying to help out Lebron and it never makes any sense why

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If KD stays healthy the rest of the year and wins Phoenix a ship, nothing else matters.
Of course, and that’s obviously what they’re banking on. If he doesn’t though - and that’s a big if - Then they just traded away one of the best defensive players in the league and 4 UNPROTECTED 1sts for a guy who can’t stay healthy.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Of course, and that’s obviously what they’re banking on. If he doesn’t though - and that’s a big if - Then they just traded away one of the best defensive players in the league and 4 UNPROTECTED 1sts for a guy who can’t stay healthy.
Some teams will do whatever it takes for the ultimate goal. We are just used to an owner who will just do enough to sneak into the playoffs

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Some teams will do whatever it takes for the ultimate goal. We are just used to an owner who will just do enough to sneak into the playoffs

Suns are obviously in a much different position than the Bulls. They’ll also be looking to rebuild sooner than later with an aging CP3 and KD who is always injured. If they don’t win a championship during this window, then it’ll be tough to rebuild without someone like Bridges and 4 unprotected 1sts. When you go all in, you better have the nuts. If not, you’re fucked

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Suns are obviously in a much different position than the Bulls. They’ll also be looking to rebuild sooner than later with an aging CP3 and KD who is always injured. If they don’t win a championship during this window, then it’ll be tough to rebuild without someone like Bridges and 4 unprotected 1sts. When you go all in, you better have the nuts. If not, you’re fucked
It's a risk.. like Toronto took a risk trading for 1 year of Kawhi Leonard. In their case it worked. They won a ship. He left via free agency, but Toronto fans aren't mad about it.

Phoenix has never won a championship, they have a good team when healthy that was just lacking a true superstar. They got one now, if he (and everyone else for that matter) can stay healthy.

But they'll crash hard in a few seasons and those picks for Brooklyn may end up quite valuable. But worth it if they win a ship.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A trade flying under the radar amidst the madness, Knicks traded Cam Reddish and a 1st for Josh Hart. Hart was Brunson's teammate at Villanova so he was pretty stoked.

Decent trade for the Knicks as Reddish was completely in Thibs' doghouse and they get back a player who probably fits Thibs' style while giving them some wing depth they need
Hart and Brunson were a fun tandem in 2015. I don't think I missed a single Nova game that season. And then Kris Jenkins broke @remydat's heart.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You roll the dice or stuck in hell not all the owners are penny pinching fucks like reinsdorf. They want to win and win big

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It's a risk.. like Toronto took a risk trading for 1 year of Kawhi Leonard. In their case it worked. They won a ship. He left via free agency, but Toronto fans aren't mad about it.

Phoenix has never won a championship, they have a good team when healthy that was just lacking a true superstar. They got one now, if he (and everyone else for that matter) can stay healthy.

But they'll crash hard in a few seasons and those picks for Brooklyn may end up quite valuable. But worth it if they win a ship.
Oh, I get it for the Suns…they kind of have to win a championship though or else the deal is terrible.

Raps traded DeMar - who probably wasn’t in their long term plans anymore at that point - Poetl, and 1 protected 1st. So while it was a gamble for Toronto, it wasn’t nearly as much of a long term risk.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You roll the dice or stuck in hell not all the owners are penny pinching fucks like reinsdorf. They want to win and win big

Ironically, the Suns may end up being in hell after this deal. They better win a championship or the trade is a bust and their future is likely fucked

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oh, I get it for the Suns…they kind of have to win a championship though or else the deal is terrible.

Raps traded DeMar - who probably wasn’t in their long term plans anymore at that point - Poetl, and 1 protected 1st. So while it was a gamble for Toronto, it wasn’t nearly as much of a long term risk.
KD is under contract for multiple years.. Kawhi was an expiring essentially.. so haul was going to be bigger for KD.

Toronto also had two late 1st round picks and and undrafted player work out really well for them in Siakam, OG, and VanVleet. If none of that happens, Toronto is likely in the gutter after 2018-19.

That trade had the potential to be a complete bust. It wasn't, and things worked out for Toronto. That is the game of risk.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
KD is under contract for multiple years.. Kawhi was an expiring essentially.. so haul was going to be bigger for KD.

Toronto also had two late 1st round picks and and undrafted player work out really well for them in Siakam, OG, and VanVleet. If none of that happens, Toronto is likely in the gutter after 2018-19.

That trade had the potential to be a complete bust. It wasn't, and things worked out for Toronto. That is the game of risk.

It was a risk for Toronto. It worked out for them. Let’s see if it works out for Phoenix. I’m hoping it doesn’t, tbh. Paul and KD are probably 2 of my least favorite star players in the league.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ironically, the Suns may end up being in hell after this deal. They better win a championship or the trade is a bust and their future is likely fucked
I mean it's not like they couldn't reset by trading Ayton and Booker away and regaining some of those 1sts. Will they be as good as what they gave up at that point? Probably not, but better than no picks at all. Technically, that's exactly what the Nets did. Mortgage the future by trading all their picks for Harden, didn't work and so they blew up that team and got some picks back.

That's the perpetual question though for teams "on the bubble" of contention, do you go big or do you try to keep your assets? The draft is a gamble too

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I mean it's not like they couldn't reset by trading Ayton and Booker away and regaining some of those 1sts. Will they be as good as what they gave up at that point? Probably not, but better than no picks at all. Technically, that's exactly what the Nets did. Mortgage the future by trading all their picks for Harden, didn't work and so they blew up that team and got some picks back.

That's the perpetual question though for teams "on the bubble" of contention, do you go big or do you try to keep your assets? The draft is a gamble too

Yeah, that’s true too. Like I said, I get it for the Suns. They must have more confidence in KD’s reliability/availability than I do. This is the 3rd straight season he’s missed significant time. That likely doesn’t improve for a 34 year old 7 footer who had an Achilles injury already.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

And the bulls if they were a legit run franchise can cash in on lavine and derozan but they won’t.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the bulls if they were a legit run franchise can cash in on lavine and derozan but they won’t.
I think we've already established the bleak future of this franchise.

Reinsdorf only cares about putting bodies in the seats, and this team accomplishes that feat. Mission accomplished

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Crowder to Milwaukee for five 2nd rounders.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
The Bulls should have gone all in on Kyrie.