NBA trade deadline discussion

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everyone in Illinois needs to move to Wisconsin. The whole state should just be razed to the ground. There is no redemption. Wisconsin is the best there ever was. Cheese curds are the greatest food of all time.
All hail Wisconsin.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back to basketball,

Have we ever seen a trade deadline like this and the number 2 team blow up the whle team halfway through the season? Wild

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Back to basketball,

Have we ever seen a trade deadline like this and the number 2 team blow up the whle team halfway through the season? Wild
One of the wildest trade deadlines I've ever witnessed. Everything from minor salary dumps to blockbuster moves. 2nd round picks flying around like crazy

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
next move for the Bulls will be to re-sign Vuc to a dumb deal and run it back with the same squad next year!

It's not that i miss GarPax but it's strange to think that we may better positioned right now with them. Their track record says they draft Haliburton and they probably never would have done the Vuc overpay either.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cool story, but if you look at the actual data, many more people move from Illinois to Wisconsin, than the other way around. And those that don't move to Wisconsin spend their time there on vacation. Huge money is made in Wisconsin from tourists from Illinois.

Doesn't surprise me that someone like yourself wouldn't know how to, or where to go to have "fun" in Wisconsin. No offense at all, but you seem a little out of touch with reality.

Good luck to the Bulls the rest of the way. Absolute best case a play in game? Oh well, there is always next year.

I believe it. People are leaving Illinois in general. It wouldn't surprise me that people outside of Chicago would leave for WI or other surrounding states, considering how much they hate Chicago (mostly for political reasons).

I doubt many people are leaving Chicago for Wisconsin, though. I don't know the numbers, but I would think more people from WI move to Chicago than people from Chicago moving to WI. I've lived in Chicago my whole life and always meet people who moved here from WI, but I've known very few people who moved to WI. The ones that did only did so because they went to college there and got a job via the company they interned with. I know it's anecdotal, but I just don't see it. Maybe people are going to Milwaukee?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Back to basketball,

Yeah, it got wild the second Kyrie requested a trade. If that doesn't happen, I don't think we get all this craziness.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not that i miss GarPax but it's strange to think that we may better positioned right now with them. Their track record says they draft Haliburton and they probably never would have done the Vuc overpay either.
Somehow I feel like it would still be worse

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm surprised the Grizzlies didn't do anything. It seems like they really didn't want to part ways with their 1st round picks. Which is crazy to me... First round picks in 2-5 years aren't going to help you win a title in the next couple of seasons. Championship windows close quickly, and the Grizzlies have pieces to get better now.

People may think the Suns are crazy for giving up 4 first round picks... but without that move, there's no way they win a title in the next couple of years. Now, they have a legit chance. Odds are, those picks wouldn't amount to much anyway.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I was actually just thinking about how it feels like we still have GarPax. They were known for "staying pat" on the trade deadline. Now, we've gone 2 straight deadlines where we didn't make a move.

Isn't Paxson still with the Bulls, but in a different role? Maybe he has more influence than we think.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Somehow I feel like it would still be worse
Yeah a max contract for Felicio would have been tough to swallow.

Not to mention that lifetime coaching contract for Boylen.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm surprised the Grizzlies didn't do anything. It seems like they really didn't want to part ways with their 1st round picks. Which is crazy to me... First round picks in 2-5 years aren't going to help you win a title in the next couple of seasons. Championship windows close quickly, and the Grizzlies have pieces to get better now.

People may think the Suns are crazy for giving up 4 first round picks... but without that move, there's no way they win a title in the next couple of years. Now, they have a legit chance. Odds are, those picks wouldn't amount to much anyway.
They did do something. The Grizz added sharpshooter Luke Kennard to help their 3 point shooting

Also, the Grizz front office has placed a high value on their draft picks(1st rounders in particular) and they have basically vowed to not stray from their philosophy. Time will tell if it proves to be wise or not, but they are sticking to their plans either way

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well, since we all here seem to agree BD sucks, then that must mean LaVine has a very HIGH BASKETBALL IQ, seeing as he’s the only one on the team that sees it apparently
Surely, that must be the only conclusion here lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
AK is a fraud. Sold the fan base on “continuity” If he believed that, he’s a moron. Extended BD like an idiot…now trying to say they’re not ok with mediocrity LOL…BS artist

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Surely, that must be the only conclusion here lol
Gotta at least be higher than the rest of the scrubs on the team if this rumor is true

Or the rest of the team is just cool with mediocrity because they like billy as a person(kinda like it seems AK does), and ZL isn’t cool with accepting a mediocre head coach

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Gotta at least be higher than the rest of the scrubs on the team if this rumor is true

Or the rest of the team is just cool with mediocrity because they like billy as a person(kinda like it seems AK does), and ZL isn’t cool with accepting a mediocre head coach

Or, the team doesn’t like the way Zach plays basketball and doesn’t accept responsibility? And they recognize BD isn’t good, but still side with him over Zach? Lol…fact of the matter is, we don’t know and will likely never find out the true pulse of the locker room. Silly to plug in conclusions to fit personal narratives

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Or, the team doesn’t like the way Zach plays basketball and doesn’t accept responsibility? And they recognize BD isn’t good, but still side with him over Zach? Lol…fact of the matter is, we don’t know and will likely never find out the true pulse of the locker room. Silly to plug in conclusions to fit personal narratives
You mean like you just got done doing?!

I guess it’s do as I say, not as I do with you