Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Simmons and Drummond on the court at the same time is a recipe for terrible offense. Dre clogs the lane for Ben. At least Embiid was able to play a little bit off the three point line.

Simmons will absolutely help them if he's used in a Draymond-like fashion. But, playing devil's advocate here, The Nets went from the EASY favorites coming into the season to KD teamed with the two biggest primadonnas in the NBA in Kyrie and Ben.
I don't think it's quite that simple as there's plenty of ways to still clear the lane for Simmons to drive. Plus Drummond is a big lob threat. Not saying it'll be great offense guaranteed, but it's not doomed for failure just because Drummond and Simmons are on the court together.

Point is, Simmons has never attempted to shoot from the perimeter, but still Embiid was able to exist without being perpetually on the 3 point line, though that is of course a facet that Drummond lacks. Plenty of ways to space the floor without surrounding Simmons with shooters.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's quite that simple as there's plenty of ways to still clear the lane for Simmons to drive. Plus Drummond is a big lob threat. Not saying it'll be great offense guaranteed, but it's not doomed for failure just because Drummond and Simmons are on the court together.

Point is, Simmons has never attempted to shoot from the perimeter, but still Embiid was able to exist without being perpetually on the 3 point line, though that is of course a facet that Drummond lacks. Plenty of ways to space the floor without surrounding Simmons with shooters.
That's not going to be their offense. It's going to be uptempo basketball and I don't see Andre playing more than 15-20 minutes and I could foresee a DNP or two in the playoffs so the point about Dre clogging the lane for Simmons might be moot. They are 10th in pace right now and that is with iso king Harden. Ben thrives in transition and that's the D'Antoni philosophy that Nash operates under. The problem with Coach Steve Nash is that he plays his starting guys way too many minutes in the playoffs and does not make adjustments.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's not going to be their offense. It's going to be uptempo basketball and I don't see Andre playing more than 15-20 minutes and I could foresee a DNP or two in the playoffs so the point about Dre clogging the lane for Simmons might be moot. They are 10th in pace right now and that is with iso king Harden. Ben thrives in transition and that's the D'Antoni philosophy that Nash operates under. The problem with Coach Steve Nash is that he plays his starting guys way too many minutes in the playoffs and does not make adjustments.
lol sounds like Thibs, minus the fast paced stuff.

But sure, it could be moot as Drummond is not guaranteed minutes. Kyrie and Simmons in transition is definitely something the Nets would want to see often and they have guys who are pretty decent finishers as well.

Simmons biggest impact may be on the defensive end, but even as good as he could be there's so many issues there with that team that I have a hard time calling them favorites for anything Harden or Simmons.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If Memphis can get someone else paired with Morant, they could be something in the future.
They already there. Guess you haven’t heard of Desmond bane and jaren Jackson jr yet

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The new look Pacers are on pace for 190 after their first quarter together.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They already there. Guess you haven’t heard of Desmond bane and jaren Jackson jr yet
Memphis is deep and a very good team. I just dont think they are there yet, but def can get there with Ja being a superstar.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to throw bodies at Giannis and Embiid. He will be apart of it. He wont close games or probably wont but I believe they have plans.

Also, Durant and Kyrie with Mills, Curry, and Joe Harris if back is deadly shooters. Its a dangerous offense and Durant is extremely versatile on any iffense. He can do anything that the game dictates,.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Enes Freedom could be a decent addition to back up. Also DJ Augustin might be a better option than a guy like Matt Thomas until Caruso and Lonzo are back

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Enes Freedom could be a decent addition to back up. Also DJ Augustin might be a better option than a guy like Matt Thomas until Caruso and Lonzo are back
He prob get the kapernick routine to placate China

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Those two need an additional leap before I'm going to crown them.

Memphis is Ja Morant and a bunch of really good role players at the moment.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Those two need an additional leap before I'm going to crown them.

Memphis is Ja Morant and a bunch of really good role players at the moment.
Bane and Jackson are more than just really good role players IMO

They just aren’t household names yet because small market Memphis

Don’t forget…Memphis got rolling back when Ja was out of the lineup. Obviously, I’m not saying they are better without Ja, just pointing out they have more than just Ja and some really good role players.

I believe the grizz went 10-2 without Ja and it’s right when they started being a dominant team

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to throw bodies at Giannis and Embiid. He will be apart of it. He wont close games or probably wont but I believe they have plans.

Also, Durant and Kyrie with Mills, Curry, and Joe Harris if back is deadly shooters. Its a dangerous offense and Durant is extremely versatile on any iffense. He can do anything that the game dictates,.
Simmons and KD imo should be the 4 and 5 in no particular order. They are positionless players who can guard basically anyone. KD is basically 7 feet tall and so is Ben. There's two bodies right there to put on Embiid. So is Griffin and Aldridge who can slide in and hit some threes to spread the floor on the offensive end.

I'm a firm believer that in order to make Ben work in your offense, you basically need him as more of a center than a point guard.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bane and Jackson are more than just really good role players IMO

They just aren’t household names yet because small market Memphis

Don’t forget…Memphis got rolling back when Ja was out of the lineup. Obviously, I’m not saying they are better without Ja, just pointing out they have more than just Ja and some really good role players.

I believe the grizz went 10-2 without Ja and it’s right when they started being a dominant team
Bane is a budding star. Jackson is one of the better two-way "bigs" in the NBA and is a borderline all-star. The rest of that team is deep and young. Adams isn't young, and isn't as "good" as Valanciunas. But is a much better fit on both ends of the court. Great screener. Best in the league imo and it really helps make life easy for Ja and Bane.

Memphis reminds me of the Bulls 10 years ago. They'll go as far as Ja and their defense and rebounding can take them.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simmons and KD imo should be the 4 and 5 in no particular order. They are positionless players who can guard basically anyone. KD is basically 7 feet tall and so is Ben. There's two bodies right there to put on Embiid. So is Griffin and Aldridge who can slide in and hit some threes to spread the floor on the offensive end.

I'm a firm believer that in order to make Ben work in your offense, you basically need him as more of a center than a point guard.
I dont disagree but I think you talking more closing games. That is what i am saying. You still need to throw bodies at them

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont see Bane as a budding star. I see him as a dangerous shooter that is learning how to score. He is built well and could be the next Klay. I just think Memphis is a year or two away but JA is special.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I dont see Bane as a budding star. I see him as a dangerous shooter that is learning how to score. He is built well and could be the next Klay. I just think Memphis is a year or two away but JA is special.
Could be the next Klay, but isn’t a budding star?? That’s a contradictory statement, my friend

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We simply have no front court plan for injuries.

That’s my problem with the team make-up and deadline passing, is that’s great, Williams is ahead of schedule, but what if Vuc goes down?

We have 5 options at each guard spot and fucking 1 at PF and C…plus Green or DeRozan…

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No, Brooklyn is the favorites and actually jumped. Simmons is actually a perfect fit for them. Durant mid game and shooters and they just added seth. Also, dont sleep on Drummond cause they need big bodys. I think the 76ers just went all in but I dont know if they have enough. Harden pick and roll game with Embiid is dangerous. Really, the East is a gauntlet this year and West is really only 2 to 3 teams. The Suns and GS are better than the rest and I dont find it that close. Maybe Utah could make some noise but the rest arent there
I'm so tired of the recent history of the west being dominant propping it up. You're absolutely right here. I think the east is for sure the better harder conference this year. People just look at Miami and scoff YES SCOFF at the fact that they are the best east but would be 4th in the west. But like you said they are so top heavy. The west falls off a cliff after 2 even. After GS the 3rd place team is 7 back. Do you know what 7 back in the east gets? 8th place nets. West out there wracking up wins vs. SE. NBA has always been cyclical and it's the East's time.