ND EXPOSED! (Wait, why were they ever hyped to begin with?)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've been pushing for this format for years.

Yep, does an OSU vs NW game really improve OSU's chances of making it to the CFBP? Even if they don't nix the conf championships, they still should make it 8. Play the first game the following weekend and then play the next round on NYE. Pretty simple format. There might be only 2 conferences represented this playoff if UGA wins.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see an 8 team playoff with:
The five conference champs, as determined by championship games
Two at large P5 teams
1 non P5 team, potentially determined by a game between the two highest ranked non P5 teams.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see an 8 team playoff with:
The five conference champs, as determined by championship games
Two at large P5 teams
1 non P5 team, potentially determined by a game between the two highest ranked non P5 teams.

I like it. Except for the play-in game between the non P5 teams. I think usually there is one non P5 team really stands above the rest. It'd be a bit unfair to make them have to potentially play 4 games to win it all vs. 3 games for the others.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Notyour Sham getting absolutely beaaaasted by Clemson.

ND EXPOSED AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN ON THE NATIONAL STAGE.

YOU AREN'T BACK, YOU DON'T BELONG AND YOU ARE DELUSIONAL AS THEY COME AS A FAN BASE.

Jesus, how sad.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Notyour Sham getting absolutely beaaaasted by Clemson.

ND EXPOSED AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN ON THE NATIONAL STAGE.

YOU AREN'T BACK, YOU DON'T BELONG AND YOU ARE DELUSIONAL AS THEY COME AS A FAN BASE.

Jesus, how sad.

Hell ya BROTHER!

Bunch of ****suckers those ND fans... join a conference and see what happens!

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yawn. At least we can beat Purdue.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hell ya BROTHER!

Bunch of ****suckers those ND fans... join a conference and see what happens!

....How would joining a conference prove anything? We already play 6 ACC games and this year beat tow teams that played in their conference championship games. So umm...what?

ND joining a conference would actually make it EASIER for us to get in. We could drop a game, win the rest, win the conference championship and get in. The margin for error is bigger for us that way. Right now I don't see a real way a 1 loss independent ND gets into the playoffs. The scenarios around it would have to be crazy, especially in the short term with Clemson and Bama essentially locking two spots up from the season's opening weekend.

Last edited:

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Damn THE Ohio State slaps the Pac10's best, still without the nation's best player, and ND is EXPOSED AGAIN as not being a top tier program.

How fkn pathetic...how completely sad and delusional the Notresham fans must feellllll.

Oh, I love seeing their tears; it's absolutely magnificent!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
....How would joining a conference prove anything? We already play 6 ACC games and this year beat tow teams that played in their conference championship games. So umm...what?

ND joining a conference would actually make it EASIER for us to get in. We could drop a game, win the rest, win the conference championship and get in. The margin for error is bigger for us that way. Right now I don't see a real way a 1 loss independent ND gets into the playoffs. The scenarios around it would have to be crazy, especially in the short term with Clemson and Bama essentially locking two spots up from the season's opening weekend.
Depends on the schedule.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn THE Ohio State slaps the Pac10's best, still without the nation's best player, and ND is EXPOSED AGAIN as not being a top tier program.

How fkn pathetic...how completely sad and delusional the Notresham fans must feellllll.

Oh, I love seeing their tears; it's absolutely magnificent!

You're 39 years old and talk like this?

Also :aj: bragging about a win over a 3 loss Pac-12 team.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Which is why I said the scenarios would have to be crazy.

But it doesn't have to be crazy at all. A one loss ND team playing a top schedule could beat out a one loss team from the Big-10/12 based on the competitiveness of the conference. Based on the way those two conferences have trended, that's pretty likely.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

FSU won their conference and lost by 39 in 2014.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're 41 years old and talk like this?

Also :aj: bragging about a win over a 3 loss Pac-12 team.

Dude has issues. Been on ignore in mine for about 3+years. He's like the obnoxious guy in the office that brags about doing blow or what he did in Vegas(like anyone gives a fuck). His posts are a big waste of time.

EDIT: if he really is 41 and types like a kid, he's got a lot more issues than I thought. This is Aussie-style/Aaroniout issues.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But it doesn't have to be crazy at all. A one loss ND team playing a top schedule could beat out a one loss team from the Big-10/12 based on the competitiveness of the conference. Based on the way those two conferences have trended, that's pretty likely.

I doubt it. I think the conference championship for a 1 loss B10 or B12 team would be more than enough to have them vault ND. The committee's own pre-reqs state that Conf Titles matter. Also it depends how bad of a loss ND takes on that 1 loss. It can't be by like...say...29..to...ohhh....just spitballing here.... Purdue.

In either case..the conference discussion is dumb because like I said, ND in a conference has an easier route(in a lot of ways). So people wanting us in a conference are actually advocating for us to have an easier route in.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I doubt it. I think the conference championship for a 1 loss B10 or B12 team would be more than enough to have them vault ND. The committee's own pre-reqs state that Conf Titles matter. Also it depends how bad of a loss ND takes on that 1 loss. It can't be by like...say...29..to...ohhh....just spitballing here.... Purdue.

In either case..the conference discussion is dumb because like I said, ND in a conference has an easier route(in a lot of ways). So people wanting us in a conference are actually advocating for us to have an easier route in.

The last line shows you how ill-informed people are.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last line shows you how ill-informed people are.

I always love how people will say ND won't join a conference because of money when we actually cost ourselves money by NOT joining one.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
( ) 41

( ) ND is a top 15 program perennially

(X) They mad

(X) BamainAtlanta is a fair-weather fan who gets triggered by the truth

This is getting tiresome though; it's scary to see how delusional ND fans really are. I guess that's good bc it'll keep that overmatched, underperforming pink piglet in charge. Have fun !