Need some help...

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not get to watch a lot of Bull's games down here in NC, last time was probably a month ago. My question is about D. Rose. How long has he been playing like the old, pre, pre injury D. Rose? I was all kinds of surprised last night at his play. Attacking the hoop, not settling for 3 pt shots, or was it an anomaly playing a bad Defensive Houston team?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He's still not MVP level, and likely will never be that way again. But Rose still attacks the rim and makes some sweet moves. It all depends if he decides to play low tempo and chuck shots, or if he has some nitro in the tank. Knee/ham soreness, whether it is legitimate or not(as a reason to reserve himself considerably), seems to be the main determination to if he attempts to attack the rim.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's been very aggressive lately, really since the all-star break. His last 20+ games have been stat-sheet gold, but he's been steadily improving as the season has progressed. He just seems to be getting stronger and stronger, game by game.

Seeing the entire team healthy (sans Jo) last night was nice. Feels like it has been FOREVER since we've seen that.

stevethacreator

Liked Posts:
He's feeling healthy. Besides the hamstring, his confidence is back. He played a few games to coexist with his team and with Jimmy BACK we're functioning...here's hoping we hold on for dear life for that 8th seed. :yep:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only knock on Derrick since about Christmastime has been the occasional spurts of missed games, usually due to some hamstring tendinitis or soreness that gets people all riled up. He's been playing fine.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only knock on Derrick since about Christmastime has been the occasional spurts of missed games, usually due to some hamstring tendinitis or soreness that gets people all riled up. He's been playing fine.

Yep. You are correct. To your knowledge, has anyone asked him or the athletic trainer WHY he has so much trouble with his hamstrings? I just do not get it. Last week I posted about what Curry does to get read to play and they talked about his special trainer. I still wonder if they are doing anything specific for Rose or just the general stretching that the common folk do?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep. You are correct. To your knowledge, has anyone asked him or the athletic trainer WHY he has so much trouble with his hamstrings? I just do not get it. Last week I posted about what Curry does to get read to play and they talked about his special trainer. I still wonder if they are doing anything specific for Rose or just the general stretching that the common folk do?
I have no special knowledge of what they do with Rose's hamstring. Knowing what I do about the Bulls' training staff though, I'd wager a guess that they don't have him even stretching it properly.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Prior to this game, Bulls had allowed 100+ points in 16 straight games.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think it's fair to say that he's back to being one of the league's top point guards. His minutes are somewhat lower and he has a tendency to miss games. But sometimes the greater good is to miss regular season games as opposed to taking the extra risk to aggravate an injury. Especially when his style of play calls for him to be aggressive in order to be effective. Yet, you still hear the same people gripe and call him a cancer and a 'pussy' and what not. At least, when he plays, he is out there running Hoiberg's offense as opposed to be stagnant with the ball like Jimmy Butler.