Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
So, we live in a townhome association where all our garages face a common driveway not far from Chinatown on Chicago’s Southwest side. The units are spacious but not a lot of outdoor ‘real estate’, so we installed a retractable screen in our garage to turn it into a veranda on hot summer nights when we/I want to feel the breeze while listening to music, getting shit-faced and rage-posting on CCS.

All was well for a while but now all the neighbors come out with their kids from 7-10 pm on the common driveway, and are very noisy, and one of their’s dog, ‘Happy’, keeps fucking with our cat, who pimp slaps him through our screen.

This is all well and good but, last week, one of the parents stuck his face in my screen and said ‘what are you doing in there? You don’t like children?’

At the time I was so shocked, I just said ‘I’m all good’, but in retrospect I think that was pretty aggro and I don’t know whether I should make a kerfuffle about it. I just want to chill in my garage unmolested.

What would you do?

Neighbors suck. Even when you befriend them, it becomes carte blanche to invade your personal time if they see you. Even if unintentional.

Sometimes, I like to go and retrieve my trashcans without talking to anyone. I like to play my music in the garage or backyard and not be bothered.

I think it's all about schedule. Ask if you wanna hang. And if you see me doing something, let me be unless invited.

AND IF YOUR DOG FUCKS WITH MY CAT OR VICE VERSA, HE IS GONNA DIE!!!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@tardigrade ima show up at ur garage and pretend to be one of ur annoying neighbors.

Pepper ur angus

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
he's on your property..and usually people that does weird shit like this, is crazy in the head.
tumblr_me0uqxK5M21r2ajbko1_400.gifv

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When my wife and I were in our first house after we got married, I tried a little friendly neighbor, but it turned into several things that I dislike: Had a few beers one afternoon across the street with an older guy in his garage...now, I'm obliged to come and get wasted every day with him, and he gets his feelings all hurt when I tell him I have to watch my kid and his friends and can't just get hammered every afternoon. Tools...somehow, by being friendly with your neighbors, all your tools and the skills that go with them, are free to use at anytime. Nope....Neighbor next door has kids around the same age as mine; they get along, so after a few weeks he says, "This is great! We're just going to go in and out of each other's houses whenever!" Umm wut? No, that's not happening. Then he's all hurt.
I like a "Hi!" and wave and that's it.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
So, we live in a townhome association where all our garages face a common driveway not far from Chinatown on Chicago’s Southwest side. The units are spacious but not a lot of outdoor ‘real estate’, so we installed a retractable screen in our garage to turn it into a veranda on hot summer nights when we/I want to feel the breeze while listening to music, getting shit-faced and rage-posting on CCS.

All was well for a while but now all the neighbors come out with their kids from 7-10 pm on the common driveway, and are very noisy, and one of their’s dog, ‘Happy’, keeps fucking with our cat, who pimp slaps him through our screen.

This is all well and good but, last week, one of the parents stuck his face in my screen and said ‘what are you doing in there? You don’t like children?’

At the time I was so shocked, I just said ‘I’m all good’, but in retrospect I think that was pretty aggro and I don’t know whether I should make a kerfuffle about it. I just want to chill in my garage unmolested.

What would you do?
‘what are you doing in there? You don’t like children?’ I don't even know what that means.

What do you think it meant in context?

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, I loathe the need to gossip about (insert neighbor that someone is judging/talking shit about.)

I don't care.

If they mow their lawn and don't put indoor furniture on the porch from which they shoot a .22 at the rusty Camaro on cinder blocks in the driveway, I don't care what else they do.

That kind of talk makes me feel like the John Doe diary excerpt from Se7en: "...he was so banal my head started to ache, I realized I had vomited on his shoes. He was not happy..."

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
‘what are you doing in there? You don’t like children?’ I don't even know what that means.

If I knew what it meant, I wouldn't be posting about it here.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He just wants you to diddle his fucking kids.

Why can't you just conform?

Deck diddles?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He just wants you to diddle his fucking kids.

Why can't you just conform?

Deck diddles?

If you had kids I would run them over
In my F350 on the way to Piggly Wiggly
To buy us some deck beers

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

I think he was inviting you in his house so you could be with some children.

It's a spot on interview to be his quick-shot baby sitter. Want to make some extra dough?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think he was inviting you in his house so you could be with some children.

It's a spot on interview to be his quick-shot baby sitter. Want to make some extra dough?
No, unless they want a drunk babysitter who just listens to joy division and complains about not getting promoted. And BLM! Who do they think they are??

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
No, unless they want a drunk babysitter who just listens to joy division and complains about not getting promoted. And BLM! Who do they think they are??
What the three best Joy Division songs?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want you to stay safe.

Maybe buy and wear a MAGA hat?
I have one it has the opposite effect tbh ive found im approached by those nasty liberals who wanna tell me im racist and dont believe in science when i wear it

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@tardigrade I'll being the boys over and let them fire hockey pucks at that goofy dad and his dorky kids.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What the three best Joy Division songs?
Hard to pick but I will go with

1. Simply the Best (Better Than ALL the Rest)
2. Shut Up And Dance With Me
3. Rock Star!